XLMTV fix for V6/V8

Have you installed the updated 190515 image file for the XMLTV----then put in a formatted usb key and upgraded the epg.
Reaper.

i installed 190515 and updated image file ,then went with same file and updated XMLTV ,will try it again tomorow when i get new usb stick as didnt want to loose all music on the one i was using

And there lies your problem---you should only use a formatted usb key to install firmware/channel lists etc.
Reaper.

Did everything from above and the epg is still not working ...........still now and then boooohooo

Any help

Last edited:
Same here I tried all sorts and no luck ,when I do an epg update and I press ok it shows epg on all channels,but when I press INFO nothing there

1] format usb key to fat32
2] download f/w XMLTV fix 19/5/2015
3] transfer unzipped f/w to usb key
4] power on box to fta channel and insert key
5] go menu---tools---upgrade by usb
6] leave as image file, scroll down and start upgrade---you will be warned that you will lose all as box resets--press ok and upgrade will start [make sure your line is backed up before you start any of this upgrade]
7] on completion of upgrade remove key--exit and reboot box.
8] reformat key [remember this key is staying in box] and put into box
9] menu--network settings---network apps---WMLTV---open
10] screen will appear---set to UK--switch upgrade to on and follow instructions to completion
DO NOT REMOVE KEY FROM NOW ON
Reboot box and job done.

Reaper,

Last edited:
You need a larger capacity usb key.
Reaper.

I downloaded on my PC, I extracted it then put on my usb, I only get this message from my open box, the file fitted easily on the Usb. The usb is 16gb with nothing on it apart from the above file...... Suggestions?
Just to clarify, there's no problem putting the file on usb, this message comes up when I try to update on the box

why cant I download this?

---------- Post Merged at 11:40 AM ----------

why cant I download this?
Ok I downloaded. Followed instructions but when I go to upgrade and press start it says "upgrade data too large,failed..... Any help? Thanks

You are trying it on a V6/V8 aren't you?

This file is bigger than those for F5s boxes.

Your right, I have a f5s, is there a fix for the epg yet on this model? Thanks for that.

Hi there. Will this work on my V5s box at all or do I need to wait till that fix comes out??
Thanks in advance ;)

the update works great the only problem i can see is u can only see whats on 1 channel at a time. is there away to have a list of all the channels showing whats on rather then scrolling through each channel to see whats on ?

Back