ZGemma 2S and new BT Sport Extra Channels

Depending on the image, it's possible to add these channels with both Autobouquets and Autobouquetsmaker. With AB, you edit the **********.txt file, with ABM, you can use the latest Sky UK provider and dvbscanner that have been posted on the ViX forum and on the GiT.

ABM files attached, the xml goes in the provider folder and the py file in the scanner folder, then restart enigma before scanning. I would keep a backup of the old files just in case, I've only tried these in ViX.

Also attached the updated files for Autobouquets, extract the 2 files and put them in the autobouquets folder.

Thanks. I tried this in ABM, copied over the 4/5 files they create, replaced which ones were there already, rescanned and nothing has changed? No errors though.

Last edited:
Hello guys, you don't need to put any files in the box if your running a vix image just go into your menu look for software update it will update root files. Plugins etc, then just rescan your box, that's it your done bt interactive will then show in your favourites menu

Hello guys, you don't need to put any files in the box if your running a vix image just go into your menu look for software update it will update root files. Plugins etc, then just rescan your box, that's it your done bt interactive will then show in your favourites menu

Even on the patched vix images that the zgemma boxes run?

I always thought online update was a no no for patched images? I know of two people that tried it on the zgemma, they got stuck in boot loop but was recovered by a new flash thankfully and they admitted trying it, some people deny it completely

Hi if I flash/use the latest image available will I get the BT Extra Channels? I have these on v8s but not on zgemma star 2s.

openvix-3.2.009.release-zgemma-star-2s_usb.zip

Thanks

ok cool do you know if overnight updates remove them or do they have their own bouquet section with new image?

i use verbaitim usb sticks dont need formatted just open up the package and they work and they are £4 from asda haha

i'll flash this later tonight then :)

cheers mate

If you have it set to remove the unavailable HD channels, then it will block all HD channels except those in the whitelist. In the newer ABM, you can whitelist by channel name or by EPG ID (different to the Sid). It should find new SD channels

The whitelist section of the xml looks like this

Code:
    whitelist = ['ITV HD','ITV2 HD','ITV3 HD','ITV4 HD','ITV Encore HD',752,'RTE2 HD','BoxNation HD','BT Preview HD']
    whitelist_by_id = [3141,3625,3627,3629,3622,3623,3661,3663,4040,5032,5152,5153,5154,5662,5663]
    blacklist = []

Just update your modified xml to add the extra channels to the whitelist or use the files I posted previously

how would i ad channel5 hd

ive managed to work it out add it like this
Code:
whitelist = ['ITV HD','ITV2 HD','ITV3 HD','ITV4 HD','ITV Encore HD',752,'BoxNation HD','BT Preview HD','Channel 5HD']
it took me a while to work out the format the channel name needs to be i originally tried Channel 5 HD big thanks to lincsat for the previous posts or i wouldn't have even known where to look

Last edited:
ive managed to work it out add it like this
Code:
whitelist = ['ITV HD','ITV2 HD','ITV3 HD','ITV4 HD','ITV Encore HD',752,'BoxNation HD','BT Preview HD','Channel 5HD']
it took me a while to work out the format the channel name needs to be i originally tried Channel 5 HD big thanks to lincsat for the previous posts or i wouldn't have even known where to look

I've done this too and at first it looked like it had worked ok. Channel 5HD was there and Boxnation HD Brilliant!
However on the daily bouquet scan it's crashed the box with mis-matched file errors log. I've rebooted and rescanned but same error everytime.
I've now replaced the original back-ups of the two files in their respective folders and its scanning ok, but I've lost the HD channels!
When I checked my version of ABM it was 2.3 c2012 Is this my problem? Do I need a newer version of ABM?
Has anybody else had this problem?

Back