Zgemma H2s Streaming to Kodi - WORKING A TREAT!

richyboy

I just got my H2s yesterday and set it all up with woos and my line provider - all great...

I was looking to buy another box, but did some reading, and no don't need to, as I can stream all channels nicely to my amazon fire running Kodi in the bedroom using the openwebif! I have the whole channel list and as its a twin tuner, shouldn't really cause an issue as we often watch TV in the same room so its saved me even more money! quality is excellent once connected via power line, even HD content is good!

You need to enable the enigma PVR in kodi and your away, a quick google will show all!

I currently use fire stick but have ordered a H2S today this is great to know because as soon as I work out how to use the box I was gonna order another one for bedroom, great post thanks

Im using an amazon box rather than stick, with the stick being wireless only, your mileage may vary, plus, I believe the box has a bit more oomph, so try it and see, but I can assure you on an amazon fire tv, the experience is perfect for me. I went into advanced options on TV in Kodi, in channel groups, hid a load I won't ever watch etc to keep the streaming slick and smooth rather than download EPG and Picons for channels I'll never ever watch, it also makes the browsing on EPG on kodi a lot easier. Its not as quick as the h2s to acquire channel, it has a 1.5s or so delay, but then streams perfect - more than adequate. It can even send record commands to the h2s to record it on your box, haven't quite figured out watching recorded programs from the h2s to kodi, but in all honesty, i don't even need that... Im incredibly impressed by the box, it runs cool even decoding two streams, and serving cdmi and kodi stream - great piece of kit!

Is there a link please as to how to set this up as i have just obtained a H2s box after using kodi for a while on a T8 box ?

Well I bought 2 box's lol wish I'd known this first yet could be handy for the kids bedrooms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is there a link please as to how to set this up as i have just obtained a H2s box after using kodi for a while on a T8 box ?

Enable web if on the h2s. This is installed on the woo should as standard... Then fix the IP address of your box on your router so it stays the same each time anything reboots, then follow this guide.

Kodi Live TV & PVR with Enigma2 - Yo! Control

id id recommend making a backup box of your box first, and I also used the epgdownloader plugin on whoosh build as the Kodi guide gets planner information from your box.

like all box things, it takes a little bit of trial and error, but im made up with the setup and the bits of research to get it slick are worthwhile as I learnt a lot about the working if both my box and kodi!

Goid luck mate

I got mine setup but most channels don't play or stutter. Can it be setup to access two channels at once ie one on main tv and stream to a tablet a different channel? I have the H2S box

If you get an app called dream droid you can do the same thing just put your IP address in and that's it all setup up

Sent from my IRON using Tapatalk

I got this working now with Kodi, turns out I had a bad feed from the dish into the box. It's simple enough to setup to be honest but if anyone needs any help streaming to Kodi let me know.

got this working great on my laptop with kodi. so easy to watch my tv around the house now. i will test on fire tv stick next

I followed post six and went throught the motions of setting it up ...But with me using a themed skin "the Beast" there are already live Tv sub menus and i cant seem to find my installed setting if ya get my drift

I followed post six and went throught the motions of setting it up ...But with me using a themed skin "the Beast" there are already live Tv sub menus and i cant seem to find my installed setting if ya get my drift

go into system/skin settings. find the live tv submenu then add an item. you might need to overwrite one. find tv menu from the list it gives you and choose channels. the skin is different from mine plus the beast build is setout different so im not 100% but you should muddle through. if you get stuck, pm me

Set this up this morning no problems, great feature! Only issue I have is most channels 'buffer' a lot. Everything is hard wired so not over wifi. My question is this:
What causes the buffering? Is it My hardware i.e. android box isn't fast enough or my router isn't fast enough? If I bought a faster android box with better cpu, would this solve the issue of buffering?

That's weird, I use a Windows tablet Surface 3 and that is fine via wifi or wired. Can you test with something with more grunt?

It's a cheap android box that I use-sumvision cyclone x4. It tends to buffer for a couple of mins then it catches up and is fine. Strange! Usually more 'grunt' requires spending... Will see how I get on, but this synergy with kodi is great!

It's a cheap android box that I use-sumvision cyclone x4. It tends to buffer for a couple of mins then it catches up and is fine. Strange! Usually more 'grunt' requires spending... Will see how I get on, but this synergy with kodi is great!

Im just using an amazon fire tv, buffers for 5 seconds tops and is then flawless... I have found the fire TV awesome for Kodi to be honest. Im not really interested in running kodi on the Zgemma as I like things to have a function and do it well, hence AFTV for kodi and streaming into the bedroom and downstairs Zgemma for Sly and 2nd Kodi AFTV.

Still all in expenditure on all that equip is around £230 all in, or 3 months Sly subscription....

Back