Zgemma H2s Streaming to Kodi - WORKING A TREAT!

Whenever I try to set up VU+ I always get the "Waiting for PVR Client to start" and nothing happens
This is my Setup with Vu+
It's certainly fast enough for me.
Do you guys get much quicker by using IPTV Simple Client
[video=youtube;1-u4kK3HRx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-u4kK3HRx8[/video]

Follow this guide works great for me Don't use vu+ use simple iptv
http://allaboutnothing.me.uk/streaming-sky-localaly-freeview-to-kodi/

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I followed this process and it works fine with minimal buffering. However simple iptv cannot access the channels (m3u file) unless my laptop is turned on first. I get a connection refused message. If the laptop is on it gets the channels with no problems
The smb is set to read/write. Any ideas?

I followed this process and it works fine with minimal buffering. However simple iptv cannot access the channels (m3u file) unless my laptop is turned on first. I get a connection refused message. If the laptop is on it gets the channels with no problems

You need to store the m3u file on the kodi device itself. If its android then ull need to use es file explorer to access net manager so that you can open a port on it to ftp the file onto its local file system.

Once youve done that youll need to change the simple iptv configuration to point to the m3u file within the local system. Then it will work all the time regardless of whether the laptop is on or not.

I think you need to send the m3u file to the firestick and point the firestick to that file on the firesticks file system if you get what I mean

You need to store the m3u file on the kodi device itself. If its android then ull need to use es file explorer to access net manager so that you can open a port on it to ftp the file onto its local file system.

Once youve done that youll need to change the simple iptv configuration to point to the m3u file within the local system. Then it will work all the time regardless of whether the laptop is on or not.

Thanks for this, makes sense. Does the file need to be placed anywhere particular on the kodi device (raspberry pi)? Also could I use dcc to ftp it across? I use dcc for my Zgemma so familiar with how to use it

Thanks for this, makes sense. Does the file need to be placed anywhere particular on the kodi device (raspberry pi)? Also could I use dcc to ftp it across? I use dcc for my Zgemma so familiar with how to use it
I've done this from my zgemma to the pii and works fine
Just ftp it across don't really matter where but easier to find in one of the media folders like pictures or downloads
Then open the add-on and locate the file

Is there another way to ftp the file on to my rpi or is ES file explorer the only way? My antivirus is preventing me downloading it

Im using Kodi 17 "Krypton" at the moment via LibreELEC and i have to say im really really impressed. Ive just stuck with the default skin called estuary and it really shines in terms of its simple, yet clean and clear layout. Im really liking the live tv side of it as the setup seems much better on it now than ever before, and i also no longer need my advancedsettings file to prebuffer in the channel, as its playing flawlessly without stuttering and faltering within a few minutes of the stream starting

d86bd21dd7ac8407d841fc054e71a4b6.jpg

9645230c13487e975613a787b11fcf82.jpg

836ed2b26e4efd17d31eb54462e76ff7.jpg

6975d63b3b98025c06c49c8e2102fb7f.jpg

88c1ee841cfa7475152074cbe0685adf.jpg

fe7d8a0e0ad3716bff2329bce3a78479.jpg

66c54d9aab504455320898809e456042.jpg

f47c8f00b1940cd6e73ead80395ff70c.jpg

e12a0ef73df6e9bf7556532424e540ee.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed 2 different sets of channel numbers on your screenshot, does it recognize sky channel numbers as in 401 = Sky News? Also how did you get the epg? I tried and failed countless times, I had tried following the "allornothing" link, any chance you followed something else and can share please? Thanks

The first set of channel numbers are what kodi assigns to each channel in the bouquet u load in at the beginning. And it always starts at 1, and not 101 like on sky. The 2nd set is that its because i use the ABM hack that adds the channel number to the beginning of the channel name.

The epg just comes in with the channels at the beginning when u first load up kodi.

The first set of channel numbers are what kodi assigns to each channel in the bouquet u load in at the beginning. And it always starts at 1, and not 101 like on sky. The 2nd set is that its because i use the ABM hack that adds the channel number to the beginning of the channel name.

The epg just comes in with the channels at the beginning when u first load up kodi.

Even with the ABM hack does that mean pressing 401 won't change the channel to sky sports 1?

I followed How to stream sky over your local network to kodi | All About Nothing - Part 2 and I can't find a all channels bouquet on webif and I tested the music bouquet but the EPG doesn't come in. I'm using Simple PVR client, what are you using? Thanks

Simple PVR client is when u load it with an m3u playlist, so it will never bring in the epg.

I use the vu+ enigma2 client, and the all channels bouquet is only available via a setting on ABM itself.

On ABM go into the providers menu and set these settings exactly like mine (but the sky uk area, you need to put this as your area (custom) eg Granada Custom. Then press green, then delete bouquets, and then start scan. Once scan is complete reboot ur box. U should now have the All Channels bouquet

4fff4f8d23270a7a1ecd5e8b65d7dc1d.jpg

2fda0fa1ecd5a697eacc17a65a557b2e.jpg

Then on the vu+ enigma2 client set it like my settings

5580dc77ae57de702f4963427e45e8ed.png

dcb7c36863755dc1ed27857f59430914.png

279521bfea103613e21173cb5d108435.png

And then from main kodi menu, goto settings and choose tv (or live tv) settings. And set exactly like mine. Then reboot ur kodi box and it will load ur channels and epg (can take a couple of mins)

6310534de67ecacb5fad7b943506fa39.png

2a5471dd09264f5fc472416943dd552a.png

c9282012fa972f52e0e642039daf0866.png

38c021af8bd847076c4dd7d2feca92a5.png

Back