Zgemma H7

Is the H7 suitable for purely IPTV or is there a better box out there? Baring in mind I want to use sly skin so Mag boxes are out of the window.

better box/best box is always going to be a personal opinion but the H7 can run with the big boys & is the best value for money imo, the H7's models will run Sly, Cable & run iptv subscription with ease

had the box a while now and have bit and bobs of iptv, but im not seeing much difference in the iptv front from the h2s

still take 3-4seconds to load the stream fully
seems to record the same as the h2s, still can be hit or miss

but over all still a good box

Silver it may be build related... when I had ITPV loaded on my H7C it was almost as quick/clear as my VM, I was very impressed with how well the H7 streams IPTV, load times were beteween 1/2 & 3/4 of a second & picture quality was very close to VM with only a tiny bit of motion blur on live sports, even the 3pm HQ streams were near perfect, all other normal hd streams were as good as my VM sub!

Many things can effect IPTV streaming & as a rule Im not a fan but from recent testing its getting/got a lot better...
I've just helped a 'friend' get setup on a H2s running IPTV via cable internet (not VM) on a fresh build (I made it yesterday). This latest build has change my opinion on IPTV... IF I didnt have VM I would deffinately buy an IPTV sub & run it on anything zgemma from a H2s upwards which is something I honestly didnt think I would say given all the issues with streaming in the past!

Last edited:
Hi guys, with regards to the h7c box if you split the vm cable feed into the box can you then record one vm channel then watch another vm channel? Can you also record 2 vm channels then watch a sly channel if you connect sat cable? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, with regards to the h7c box if you split the vm cable feed into the box can you then record one vm channel then watch another vm channel? Can you also record 2 vm channels then watch a sly channel if you connect sat cable? Cheers

Yes just split your feed with a 2 way splitter and put one cable into each tuner.
You will be able to do what you said :(y):

Yes just split your feed with a 2 way splitter and put one cable into each tuner.
You will be able to do what you said :(y):

Thanks mate, much appreciated [emoji106].
Is there any decent builds/images available for the h7c you could recommend?

Looks like the H7C is going to be my first foray into Zgemma boxes. Are there any discount codes around just now?

Also, is there a build that gives a "look" like the EPG from either of the big two providers?

I want it to look as much like the real thing as possible so my wife and kids don't get confused.

Is recording to HDD easy on this box, too?

Just did a software update in the software management section ,there were over 90 updates,now oscam is not working ,anyone else have same problem?

using build 6.1 ,oscam_emu ,cant even ftp anymore,says "error 10057 in function send,socket is not connected".Did you have the same problem in september, grog68?Wish I had left it alone ,and should have backed my image up!

I have had problems on atv a few weeks ago, the issue I had was with telnet and samba. In the end I reflashed with latest nightly build of ATV 6.1

There is my build in the downloads section for the H7C grogbuild, it has skins to look similar to both of the big providers.

I will pm you reguarding discount codes.
Any chance of a PM on the discount code m8? I'm looking at a h7C or h5 to replace my stuck on boot H2H. Cheers

Back