Zgemma i55 save EPG to USB problems, help please.

Don't have the same box as you but all my enigma 2 receivers record fine from standby. Easiest way to check would be to set a recording something you don't particularly want to watch a couple of minutes before it starts, put the box in standby give it 5-10 minutes wake it up and see if it has recorded

I see the usb for epg is mounted as media sdb1, is this the path you have set in crossepg and epg settings if not it will default to internal flash.To mount as media/usb go to mount manager press green to set up mounts highlight the device you wish to set the mountpoint on and scroll right till you get /media/usb appear green to save then reboot. Make sure cross epg and epg save settings are set to media/usb if you follow the instructions I have just given. To see if epg.dat ends up where you want it you can use filezilla or dream explorer which is a file /extensions

Ok Done @1999gtv (or anyone that's around), it's mounted and changed details etc, however....

Now the EPG isn't working again when it was the way I had it set in the photos :confused:
It's strange, I can only change the name of where to save the crossepg to "Gizmo" which is my small 4GB USB stick or 3GB as you guys can see in the photos, the only other option is internal flash, but it's been like that from the start anyway so I am only assuming having the crossepg save location set to "Gizmo" is the correct option otherwise I would have to select internal flash, you know what I mean ?

Also, I changed the other EPG setting to save to /media/usb like you said and mounted the drive, but as I say, now I have no EPG :( I tried manually running a crossepg update and also remembered to restart the box after the drive mount changes too.

So what should I do now ? Would ya all like to see photos of what I mean or do you follow/know what I'm saying ?

Last edited:
Pictures of mount manager, crossepg and anything else relevant may help. I stopped using cross epg as I had multiple issues with the damn thing and started using epg importer instead. Others swear by it though, I guess it is down to your own experience what works for some doesn't necessarily work for others, if you need to reset mounts that can be done through mount manager whatever gets it working again really. Did you have a look at media/usb and see if the epg file is on there

Just wondering if you had checked to see if the epg file has saved to the usb stick at all using either filezilla or the dream explorer I mentioned in an earlier post.
These are what my mounts look like1_0_1_2759_7FC_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg my epg settings like this 1_0_1_2759_7FC_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg how my device with epg looks in dream explorer1_0_1_2759_7FC_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg I have usb mounted as hdd and paths for epg set to media/hdd for other reasons I wont mention here as it will only confuse the issue.

Haven't tried those plugins yet mate (filezilla or dream explorer), just trying to get the EPG back again first, lol.

Anyway, I have already posted those other photos in post number 17 of this thread and now here are a couple more photos to show you and as I say, with it set to /media/usb the EPG isn't working when it looks like you guys are saying it should but the EPG works when I set the mount to /media/sdb1, well I hope it does when I switch it back lol, either that or I will have to select internal flash which i obviously don't want to do.

Attachments

• IMAG0544.jpg
    IMAG0544.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0545.jpg
    IMAG0545.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
what i would do is format gizmo to wipe epg and set it up again and download again to gizmo

to me above setup looks good
I already have mate, twice, unmounted it, initialised it then set file type again to ext3-ext4 then mounted the drive, was already mounted anyway I think, but still no epg when trying to manually update it.

just tried it again and still no EPG, even tried it the way the old settings were too and still no EPG, lol.

Do you mean wipe the drive as in return it to Fat32 format it on the computer (I have a program that will do that from ext4, so thats not a problem), is that what you mean or do you mean just initialising it in the box and then running ext3-ext4 again and do it that way or what ?

I just put both EPG settings back to internal flash and one run of crossEPG and all my EPG is now back, hm, something fishy going on me thinks :confused:

If needs be turn off box remove small usb and power on, then use large stick which was mounted as media/ hdd and have recordings and epg on that. Epg won't take up too much room on it and as the hdd seems recognised you should be able to be set the path to it for epg. Has to be better than internal flash if it will work. One things for sure I ain't buying the i55 if it is an uncooperative git

If needs be turn off box remove small usb and power on, then use large stick which was mounted as media/ hdd and have recordings and epg on that. Epg won't take up too much room on it and as the hdd seems recognised you should be able to be set the path to it for epg. Has to be better than internal flash if it will work. One things for sure I ain't buying the i55 if it is an uncooperative git

Wouldn't I need to create another partition on that 32GB usb drive for that though ?

Couple of things.
No idea why you have 2 usb sticks in use. No need whatsoever.
Have everything on the one stick.
The EPG data isn't huge and doesn't need its own media.

Secondly, you can't pause IPTV unless you have a multiroom sub. Its classed as two feeds the second you pause it.
Ditto with recording one program and watching another on IPTV - again will need multiroom.

Thanks guys and @RustyMG too, it;s still not updating the EPG, I have a second Identical box and the EPG is updating and working just fine on that although its just saving to internal flash and no usb stick at all.

Now this other box we have been talking about doesn't even appear to be updating the EPG to internal flash or anything now for some crazy reason :(

So, if I really only need one USB stick, lets say the Large Kingston datatraveler one that's 32GB or as it shows in the photos to you guys as 29GB, how exactly do I set that up so that it records and also saves the EPG updates to that too ?

Next step I am guessing is box reflash and running the scr**t again etc although that would be moving into a zone I defo need some help with man, lol, but surely it can't need reflashed etc ? i mean, the box is working fine and all, just not the EPG, thats all.

If using the one large stick see how it appears in mount manager for example media/hdd. Then set your recordings path to media/hdd or media/hdd/movie if available also set your epg to save to media/hdd. In an ideal setup on a clean installation of o/s you would initialise and mount your large usb stick first, preferably as media/hdd followed by a reboot. Initialisation creates ext4 filesystem and 2 folders on the usb stick called movie and timeshift Then set epg save to media/hdd and recordings to media/hdd/movie followed by setting crossepg up. One of the reasons I ditched crossepg is it gets a bit temperamental when changing locations to save to, also zgemmas are so picky when it comes to usb sticks, flashing a zgemma can be a pain, a usb that works one time may not work another.

If using the one large stick see how it appears in mount manager for example media/hdd. Then set your recordings path to media/hdd or media/hdd/movie if available also set your epg to save to media/hdd. In an ideal setup on a clean installation of o/s you would initialise and mount your large usb stick first, preferably as media/hdd followed by a reboot. Initialisation creates ext4 filesystem and 2 folders on the usb stick called movie and timeshift Then set epg save to media/hdd and recordings to media/hdd/movie followed by setting crossepg up. One of the reasons I ditched crossepg is it gets a bit temperamental when changing locations to save to, also zgemmas are so picky when it comes to usb sticks, flashing a zgemma can be a pain, a usb that works one time may not work another.
@1999gtv , thanks for the info and likewise @RustyMG too.

So @1999gtv, I get much of what your saying there and I am going to try just now with the one larger stick I have.

However, may I ask as it wasn't very clear to me, where do I tell the CrossEPG to save to mate just so as that I get it right ?

After this if it still doesn't work I might give that other method of updating the EPG a try mate (if it's simple to do and set up etc ????) and if that still doesn't work then the box must need reflashed, as I said, it doesn't even appear to be saving to internal flash now and it did before :(

This is a total fkin bummer man, heads bursting with this now for a few days and the prospect of having to flash etc scares the life out of me, I am ok with these things when I get a slight bit of help like now in here with you guys etc or better still on phone or teamviewer etc, but when left alone I am at a complete loss, I guess like 75% of people who dive into these things, lol, not funny though, not got the money to be throwing away like this and then hitting problems, but that was my own choice at the end of the day.

@1999gtv , thanks for the info and likewise @RustyMG too.

So @1999gtv, I get much of what your saying there and I am going to try just now with the one larger stick I have.

However, may I ask as it wasn't very clear to me, where do I tell the CrossEPG to save to mate just so as that I get it right ?

it's ok mate, I done exactly what you said in your instructions in your post, as for saving the CrossEPG it only offers two options, one is internal flash and the other is DT 100 G2 which is my 32GB Kingston Datatraveler 100 G2 USB stick, so that's the only option I can select there, so would that be right enough yeah ?

I have unplugged the other usb stick altogether, just saying for reference.

Dt 100 G2 would be the place to save to as you have worked out. Dont worry if it doesn't work we can always try epg importer which I can show you pictures of from my box. It is quite user friendly and I can talk you through it

Back