Zgemma or VU+

Ron 58

Hi just brought my daughter and kids a zgemma which I'm really pleased with but now need to get a box for me and the wife. Been looking at the VU+ boxes but wondering if they are worth the extra money? Any info would be great.

i have both zgemma and vu+ duo 2 like every think in life you get what you pay for ok the zgemma does the job but the vu is much faster box
and better pic and supports vix img

Thanks for the reply, the zgemma I brought for my daughter is a h2s, you recon the VU+ duo is a better picture and faster then it? Is the VU+ duo better then the solo?

The zgemma is not even in the same league than the vu+ duo2. don't know how and and why you think they or. one just does the job and the duo2 is what all the other manufacturers try to match.

solo 2 is twin say with option of vm usb tuner

duo 2 sat and cable and faster with different tuner options

i wuold go for solo2 mate

but upto you if you have the cash solo2 is smaller in size also over duo2

See they sell a solo 4k at wos, using satellite would I benefit from it? I have a 4k TV and will be using it for sly and BT sport.

Although I agree that from a build and stability point of view, the Vu+ Solo2 is a better box, I have to disagree with picture quality being better. On my UHD LG running in HD mode, the Zgemma-Star 2s gives decidedly better definition, particularly with SD Transmissions Upscaled. I've tried playing with installing the Video Enhancer Plugin on the Vu, but just doesn't quite get there. So until I find a way of improving the Vu definition, as it has an internal HDD, I've connected 1 LNB to the Zgemma and use that for viewing and the other LNB to the Vu+ Solo2 for recording.

Although I agree that from a build and stability point of view, the Vu+ Solo2 is a better box, I have to disagree with picture quality being better. On my UHD LG running in HD mode, the Zgemma-Star 2s gives decidedly better definition, particularly with SD Transmissions Upscaled. I've tried playing with installing the Video Enhancer Plugin on the Vu, but just doesn't quite get there. So until I find a way of improving the Vu definition, as it has an internal HDD, I've connected 1 LNB to the Zgemma and use that for viewing and the other LNB to the Vu+ Solo2 for recording.

They or talking about the 4K box here, not the standard VU+ solo2

So the box can upscale the picture but doesn't the TV do the same? Want to make sure I can make use of the 4k VU+ box. The TV I'll be using it on is a Samsung ue48ju7000.

4K box at this point in time is pointless and may never be any use as its highly unlikely there will ever be any free view channels in 4K it's useless. On the subject of pic quality I can say that as I have a duo2 and zgemma the duo 2 picture is definitely better but if you want a cheap plastic box then go zgemma you're choice

I have the Solo 4K and all i shall say is i will be watching the Euro's in glorious 4K this summer with my Motorised setup while everyone else will have to make do with lowly HD, Personally not bothered about the FTA i can watch a couple of german shopping channels in 4K now but no interest.

The point I was making is that as sky are locking down their network to paired cards unless you're a tinkerer there's no point in buying a 4K box as there's nothing in 4K to watch and likely never will be

all i say where there a will there is always away

look at nagra3 vm total lock down

look now hd back

as freeuk says there is more then 28.2 out there

The point I was making is that as sky are locking down their network to paired cards unless you're a tinkerer there's no point in buying a 4K box as there's nothing in 4K to watch and likely never will be

They said the same thing in 2004 when we only had the BBC HD channel "theres nothing to watch on these HD plasma's" give it a year with Sly on the forefront from this august and 4K will be arriving

Back