A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

I think its all down to what you can afford and picking a box that's going to do what you want it to do.
I personally like the spec of the top end VU boxes but i didn't want to pay for a small "TV" on the front of it, so i opted for the Mutant 2400HD which i'm over the moon with;);)

I think its all down to what you can afford and picking a box that's going to do what you want it to do.
I personally like the spec of the top end VU boxes but i didn't want to pay for a small "TV" on the front of it, so i opted for the Mutant 2400HD which i'm over the moon with;);)

How Much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twin Cable and 1 sat Tuner, I originally bought it as a twin tuner for cable but my server went down for a 1 week so i put a satellite tuner in there whilst the problems were sorted out.
The sat tuner comes in handy for the odd channel not available on cable.

Twin Cable and 1 sat Tuner, I originally bought it as a twin tuner for cable but my server went down for a 1 week so i put a satellite tuner in there whilst the problems were sorted out.
The sat tuner comes in handy for the odd channel not available on cable.

Great so single sat for only viewing no record

god I am so confused :beg: Lol I do have a UHD 4k samsung 43inch TV so i do like expense stuff haha no no seriously I want to save money thats the whole point.

IS there any boxes can I use kodi (Jarvis) to watch movies??? I dont want a dedicated android box. I want a sat box. I read some where if you run openvix its possible on enigma 2???

whatever that means....:whistling::whistling:

Yes you can record the sat, but you would then have to watch the cable and vise verser

---------- Post Merged at 09:58 PM ----------

I use IPTV for films through my Mutant 2400HD (enigima 2 box)

I put a side 300-400 as i mentioned previously. Is there a benefit in buying a really expensive VU+ box if you cant get HD?? Unfortunately I cant get cable so no HD. We do use Kodi to watch iP tv and get HD...but its hardly 1080p

You can spend money on a expensive box but its up to you really, no-one can tell you what to get. There are many on here who think a low cost box like the zgemma is just fine but these are slower boxes, no internal HDD, and some say getting a more powerful box like the VU is better, depends on how much TV you watch and record I guess.

IPTV player app that you download in plugins, probably the same content as Kodi. Ive got a fire stick but it drives me mad looking for stable stuff, the IPTV player works great especially in a box with a decent processor (Mutant has a 1.3 ghz)

I agree with dangerous, if your going to use IPTV then get yourself a decent box, something with a good CPU and memory, this leaves out cheaper boxes as they will run the IPTV but will not run it as well as a xtrend, VU or Mutant

Google World of Satellite and then take a look at the boxes on there, you'll get full system specs on all the boxes to help you decide whats best for you and your needs.

thanks guys, both of you have helped me a lot. I am going to stick to my budget and get a high end box. We watch a lot of movies tv and sports etc. some like clubing, some like fine dinning, some like pottery, etc we enjoy nights in with tv and odd night out so you could say its a good investment. I also want something that wont breakdown in a year and is future proof.

I purchased my LX2 from World of Satellite and its never broken down, too low-end for you but came with a 2 yr warranty so happy days. I too watch alot of film, TV shows etc so have a dedicated media server in the house which if I wanted to would run via the satbox too but my smart TV means I don'y have to, lol

You can't go wrong with the range suggested, the Xtrend, VU and Mutant ranage have a good history behind them so are solid boxes. If I have the cash I'd personally go for the VU+ 4K, not that sly have 4K but atleast I could say I have a 4K satbox, lol

I purchased my LX2 from World of Satellite and its never broken down, too low-end for you but came with a 2 yr warranty so happy days. I too watch alot of film, TV shows etc so have a dedicated media server in the house which if I wanted to would run via the satbox too but my smart TV means I don'y have to, lol

You can't go wrong with the range suggested, the Xtrend, VU and Mutant ranage have a good history behind them so are solid boxes. If I have the cash I'd personally go for the VU+ 4K, not that sly have 4K but atleast I could say I have a 4K satbox, lol

Do you run a NAS for recording/viewing on the box?

@BlackWidow thats good to know.... that world of sat are trusted and valued. I think, I am going to buy through them... but the Vu+ Duo 2 is on pre order :( :(

Will have to wait I guess. or find the money for the 4K solo.... haha very tempting.. indeed.

@ Bainze For my satbox I just use a 32GB USB drive as I hardly record anything so no need for a large drive, my media server is a 3TB Western Digital NAS connected directly to my router

@ newbie87- Good choice mate and yes some saving is needed for the 4K box, lol

@ Bainze For my satbox I just use a 32GB USB drive as I hardly record anything so no need for a large drive, my media server is a 3TB Western Digital NAS connected directly to my router

so im guessing it's possible to connect to any box using network mine is Synology NAS

I fear it may be overkill with 4k so just going with a mid range box. What movie plugins are there for IPTV... is there anything for tv shows like homeland, kardashians etc??? also my partner watches football, boxing so
is there pluggins for these? Ps. sorry if there is another thread on this....if you link it I will read up :pop smiley:

thanks in advance.

if you want iptv and kodi type experience do not waste your time/money on these boxes just built/buy a htpc or go for a second box which is just for that function these boxes are not great at that stuff no matter if you go for the more expensive ones.

Back