A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

I just bought an Edision OS mini, I'm a complete noob to it all, and with the help of alot of posts here already, and a few people I managed to get it running in a few hours from opening the box.

I can't really comment on comparing the box to others, nor how it will work long term;
but I do think it's response time is close to instant,
the remote is decent, I didn't even have to set it up for my TV, it controls it fully. It does feel and look a bit cheap (doesn't really reflect a £100~ box)
the box itself looks better than the pictures lol
I assume all systems with OpenVIX have the same interface. If not, this was feature packed and easy to get through.
Installing plugins was easy, just remember to reboot the machine (from the switch) if it doesn't work straight away
Had no issues connecting it to my home network (following a guide/ the setup wizard)
Picture quality is said to be affected by the quality of the tuner, and as I am using a cable line I get HD.. it's HD :) good quality picture
I haven't experienced any freezing or stuttering as of yet, I assume that might be because of a good line not sure if the box affects it

I will sell my extrend 500gig all setup 2 months old full year included from wos same price i paid from wos autoboquets and oscam can set it to your area pm me if intrested

Hi lads, so I'm pretty new to this, I'm not tech illiterate though, so should be able to follow along. I'm in Ireland, currently have a VM TV/broadband subscription, which I'd like to cancel and just keep broadband. What are my best options? Get a dish and a box or a cable box, are there options for lines in Ireland? Am I right in saying I won't be able to get HD with a Sat box (why is that?). Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi lads, so I'm pretty new to this, I'm not tech illiterate though, so should be able to follow along. I'm in Ireland, currently have a VM TV/broadband subscription, which I'd like to cancel and just keep broadband. What are my best options? Get a dish and a box or a cable box, are there options for lines in Ireland? Am I right in saying I won't be able to get HD with a Sat box (why is that?). Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm new too, so someone might correct me..

I don't know anything related to Ireland, so can't comment regarding that

You can use VM line as long as you have an active line into the house. Both the tv and boardband line are the same, so you don't need to have a tv subscription your broadband subscription will do. Sometimes you can get away with cancelling all VM subscriptions and still have a live line, until a guy comes to disconnect it from the green box (you basically risk getting cut off at anytime).

Sky will be more expensive to set up as you will need a dish installed, plus you have the negative of bad weather affecting your signal. But it will be cheaper to get a line for it (I think roughly half the price of a cable line)

Cable you get HD, sky you don't. I think it's to do with how those channels are encrypted (not really sure)

I got cable due to ease and stability.
You have to decide what suits your needs.

Also in Ireland you have a different Cable supplier With the sky set up you do get a few HD channels like Bt sports Sentanta and FTA channels. If you can do without HD Sat is a lot cheaper and setting up a dish is quite easy with a few tools

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new too, so someone might correct me..

I don't know anything related to Ireland, so can't comment regarding that

You can use VM line as long as you have an active line into the house. Both the tv and boardband line are the same, so you don't need to have a tv subscription your broadband subscription will do. Sometimes you can get away with cancelling all VM subscriptions and still have a live line, until a guy comes to disconnect it from the green box (you basically risk getting cut off at anytime).

Sky will be more expensive to set up as you will need a dish installed, plus you have the negative of bad weather affecting your signal. But it will be cheaper to get a line for it (I think roughly half the price of a cable line)

Cable you get HD, sky you don't. I think it's to do with how those channels are encrypted (not really sure)

I got cable due to ease and stability.
You have to decide what suits your needs.

Thanks for replying. What cable box did you go for? How is it for epg/pvr, that kind of thing, is it reliable?

Also in Ireland you have a different Cable supplier With the sky set up you do get a few HD channels like Bt sports Sentanta and FTA channels. If you can do without HD Sat is a lot cheaper and setting up a dish is quite easy with a few tools

Thanks for replying! Yeah, that's why I'm considering the Sat option, €35 for a dish and I can install it myself, the heads a bit spun with all the options though, I've been looking at a few android/Sat combo boxes that are offered in shops over here, with an upfront subscription, they just seem a touch dodgy to me, and I don't want to have to be constantly faffing about!

Sent from my Letv X500 using Tapatalk

If you can do your dish The boxes vary in price but you can pick up a twin tuner box cheap Approx £80 All the info and support for the box can be found on the site if you need help just PM me

If you can do your dish The boxes vary in price but you can pick up a twin tuner box cheap Approx £80 All the info and support for the box can be found on the site if you need help just PM me

Thanks! Very kind of you, will do!

Thanks for replying. What cable box did you go for? How is it for epg/pvr, that kind of thing, is it reliable?

I've posted about my box at the top of this page (page 8), I have only had it for 3 days! lol so can't really make and true suggestions and I haven't had any other device.
But I haven't had a single issue with it, and it is responsive and speedy so I'm happy with it.

PS. I had a letv x600 :p beautiful phones

I've posted about my box at the top of this page (page 8), I have only had it for 3 days! lol so can't really make and true suggestions and I haven't had any other device.
But I haven't had a single issue with it, and it is responsive and speedy so I'm happy with it.

PS. I had a letv x600[emoji14]beautiful phones
Lol, we're in the same boat so! Yeah, can't be beat for €200, I'm done with flagships...

This is a lot to try and take in, I was just going to buy an open box and take it from there now people are saying if you go with a vm line rather than sly then you get HD?

hiya all

im looking at this box on WOS
Brand: Edision
Product Code: OS Mini DVB-C/T2

as its all i can afford due to being ripped off on ebay
any advise on this box would be very appreciated i had a openbox v8s and that was/is horrible to use
i have vm cable so was maybe looking at going that way, or are there cable only options i could look at m

kind regards
god666

Last edited:
Very sensible choice mate in that price bracket. 2yr warranty too just now...

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Good idea getting your box from that site, I purchased mine from there and its NEVER failed once, with the 2yr warranty too and preloaded Vix is a good place to start.

Just an alternative box for you maybe the Miraclebox Mini+ Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

Long time lurker here looking to ditch my wonky F5S for something a bit better, just looking for some pointers.

Definitely looking for a cable/sat hybrid twin tuner.

So far been looking on WOS and I have my eye on the "Technomate TM-Nano-3T" - I like the PiP function (for keeping an eye on two football matches) and I also want to record direct to my Synology NAS.

Maybe could do with 2x cable tuners as well as the 2x sat - i really want to record direct to NAS, is this possible with all OpenVix flashed boxes? I'm assuming OpenVix is the way to go? To be honest I reckon this may be the box for me despite only having the 1 cable tuner.

I'm also looking at the "GiGaBlue HD QUAD+ Plus" - any thoughts on that? £200 odd would be my price range so the Mut@nt ones are maybe a bit out of my price range.

So basically, combo box, twin tuners on either sat or cable or both, recording to NAS pretty much essential and PiP seems a nice function to have. Also auto epg and channel updating (or some sort of automation) if possible.

Have I nailed the correct box in the TM-Nano-T3 or is there something else in the sub £220 ish price range I should be looking at?

Cheers all for all the information, past present and future, contained here!

Just about to switch from my dieing F5s and intend to pull the trigger on the Miraclebox over at WoS but I am wondering, what is the preferred/most popular image to have flashed onto it, as they offer default, openVix, Egami and also a couple of nightlies ?

Back