A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

hard wiring is best or homeplugs wifi can pick up other signals.

i use a 8gb kingston micro usb to store my epg data inserted into rear of box and keep the internal hdd for recordings,i can easily delete info on usb if corrupt and setup again.

if buying any enigma2 box get a kingston 8gb usb stick for flashing this box as they can be fussy with what usb is used.

Heads spinning a bit from all the info and options of different boxes. Are there any which are just plug and play? The thought of buying a potential headache is putting me off.

never buy a plug and play box as it might only last 3 months:fear:

Hi all new and total noob here.

this is a great post by the way, gives us a brief understanding
im looking for a box that has twin tuner sat and cable and can also do kodi very quickly and smoothly - I have come across wetek play and amiko a3 and also the zgemma twin tuner ( althow I know this box is very poor for kodi as I have seen it working, very very slow for kodi)
id like to have the sky skin/ epg which my friend has on his zgemma box would the wetek play and amiko a3 box be any good ? or am I better of actually getting kodi seperatley on another devise ?

my budget for a box is £150 max - and I will learn how to install the software ect hopefully myself.

many thanks

take a look at the gemma h series (as opposed to the star series)

it doesn't do everything you want though in terms of tuners.

as for kodi, why do you want it? ts media and iptv player (the better one) both stream great movies and series - kodi also works ok on the h2s, but I use iptv player for movies and series

I am about to buy one of these miriclebox mini+ hybrid from world of satellite. .
A few drop down boxes with choices..

Hard drive extra 50 quid yes / no

Enigma 2 firmware and I selected open vix image option ( they flash FOC) from reading forum that seems best

Usb storage kingston 8gb selected

Wifi option not required as I have VM

I guess im really asking do I need usb hard drive
.this will replace my old kv

Miracle boxes are a good choice, I've got a mini combo
very happy with it.

Welcome to the club !!! (y)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

if you want to record you will need a hard drive,remember a recording will take priority over viewing rights.also handy for setting up your 7 day epg too.

Bees you say

Combo Boxes
Buy a box, buy a sat line, buy a cable line, use an existing sat dish and VM internet.
These have a cable tuner and a sat tuner so basically a twin tuner, HD on the cable side,
record one channel and view another on sat or cable or vise versa. Approx £150 - 200 plus HDD.

Can you you run 2 softcams at the same time in a Zgemma H1 or H2 or Mutant HD2400?
I can only run one softcam in my current Amiko Alien2 Triple with HDMU.
I have put a cline(sat) and nline(cable) in mgcamd but the cline goes to sleep and stops working if not used by viewing a sat channel.

Thanks.
surely you dont need to lines to work a combo box .is the combo bit not just giving the option of sky or vm . you keep saying vm internet is needed to work a box with vm nlie surley any internet provoder does ?

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 PM ----------

surely a combo box does not need 2 lines to work ? i thought the idea of combo was just giving the option of either sky or vm could some please confirm this ? and does surely a vm nline does not need vm broadband any decent broadband would do ?

if you want cable side to work you need vm broadband + a line to open channels from cable server.
sat side you need sat server + any internet provider.

lines are needed on boxes as without them limits your working channels.

as like all kv,sv,eurovox boxes in the past only worked because of a working feed but now new boxes need added server to open your channels.

some servers may do a joint box/combo giving a sat + cable lines

A combo can run a sat line or a cable line or both.

You will need two lines, one of each, if you want to use it as a twin tuner (record one channel and watch another)
if you are not bothered about that function then you may as well buy a good single tuner box as it's cheaper.

You need a live cable feed for a cable box, so most will go a virgin broadband package to ensure they have a live feed.

Any ISP will do for sat.

Also as cactikid points out, a server will provide a line for sat or cable.

He may provide both but you will still have two separate lines running in the box.

Last edited:

Only if you want to record, you can use a USB stick if you only want to store the EPG
but if you use them for recording sometimes you get synch problems when playing, they are generally a bit slower than a USB Hdd

Only if you want to record, you can use a USB stick if you only want to store the EPG
but if you use them for recording sometimes you get synch problems when playing, they are generally a bit slower than a USB Hdd

I have a live cable link VM.. obviously the A780 is down and maybe not coming back .. what's the best replacement ? not bothered about recording or HD to be honest - just a box with the channels I had previously ( all sky , sports , movies etc.. )

amiko a3

---------- Post Merged at 05:03 PM ----------

amiko a3 has android . right guys the above saying a cable box with a vm line or sub . will only work with vm broadband i am not to sure about this could somebody confirm this? i have a live cable feed that i used for my kv with talk talk broadband surely this live vm feed and the current broadband would do the job for a zgemma on virgin .

You need a live cable feed and broadband.

Most people use VM broadband to ensure they do not get cut off at the main box in the street.

has anyone tried the new wetek box, does it do what a zgemma can on the satellite side of things. im intrested to see what it can do.

You need a live cable feed and broadband.

Most people use VM broadband to ensure they do not get cut off at the main box in the street.

cheers bees thats sorted now . ma live feed hasnt been cut off in 4 years since i connected it .

has anyone tried the new wetek box, does it do what a zgemma can on the satellite side of things. im intrested to see what it can do.

I've only seen the odd post and as far as I can make out what they are trying to do is have an android type box with a
switchable sat or cable tuner.

The owner wasn't that impressed and suggested a seperate sat box and android box was a better set up

Miracle boxes are a good choice, I've got a mini combo
very happy with it.

Welcome to the club !!! (y)

So once flashed from WOS - does this update on its own over the internet when ever there is an update out? Does any of the channels scramble like the Kryptview A780? Quite like the box. Sounds like something i would go for if i was to purchase another box.

The EPG and Channel list updates automatically every night.

Image updates aren't automatic as such but can be done using the remote control, the box will search for the updates and install them over the net.

Pretty nifty eh !! lol

The EPG and Channel list updates automatically every night.

Image updates aren't automatic as such but can be done using the remote control, the box will search for the updates and install them over the net.

Pretty nifty eh !! lol

Sounds like a treat. Will see how the Kryptview saga plays out before probably getting one of these boxes.

Back