Amiko Mini HD Combo Tutorial

Hi all. I've followed this excellent tutorial and have got as far as entering my line...however i am just constantly getting a "Log in failed" message when attempting to connect to the server. It's happening on 2 seperate servers and neither are reporting any faults so it must be me...or the box. Any ideas?

I'm having the same issue as the above poster. Any help appreciated, don't want no TV for the Christmas.
Thanks in advance

If I use one of these boxes does it matter who my internet provider is? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that if you are supplied by "Vermin" then its not a good idea.

Can anybody clarify this for me before I make a purchase thanks.

You need a live cable feed so you need VM broadband if you want to run cable.

Any broadband provider will do for sat

Hi guys, just joined this forum earlier and basically new to the amino scene and willing to learn very quickly. The above tutorial looks very well detailed and simple.

My problem is just not understanding how to get started from receiving the Amiko box and what to do from there. I have a satellite dish all setup as had two sky+ receivers installed. Now looking to go with the Amiko box. What do I need to do from here.
I keep reading about cline and line and server - how do I get this - can somebody pm me relating to setting up.

Apologies to bees as the tutorial is perfect but you start off with assuming you have ..... hence I am wondering what you are assuming or maybe I am not realising basic logic :-)

Tried to pm you bees but I am not allowed for some reason but I am sure that will be possible later.

many thanks of taking the time to read this.

Just also introducing myself to ye guys.

cheers

ok mate, if you read up on the Amiko Tut that will help you, you will defo need a connection line/gift using sky. Cline will go in cccam config, nline will go in mgcam config, edited in newcamd.list
hope this helps!

I am assuming you already know we need a live VM feed in order
to use the cable side and a sat dish for the sat side.

If you want to run sat any internet provider will do, for cable you need a live VM feed,

So most will buy at least a basic broadband package from them

can anyone tell me does the amiko mini HD combo box run cable fine ? as i have seen posts saying it has weak tuners etc. so i was wondering should i avoid it ? or will it be fine don't know if these posts are true because i have seen people say the zgemma star h1 has a weak tuner and that runs great for me

Trying to setup one of these boxes and having some trouble in adding the cable line to the box. Was given a test but when typing in the details nothing shows as active.

Can anyone send a straightforward guide by pm that would be great.

Hi, I successfully unbricked my amiko mini hd combo box using BarryGFX tutorial (#134). My mate's box is giving problems getting cable side working (Sat is ok). I tried to upgrade by usb but get an error message "bootloader version mismatch, please check). I tried different images with same result. So, I tried to try the unbricking method but get an error message "The bootloader version of software is too low". I checked the Information against the informatio on my working box and it compares ok. Can someone help please.

Found out how to load correct bootloader from another forum, but after that it appears that the cable tuner is defective. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the tuner in this box.

Last edited:
Help please.
I'm still having trouble unbricking my Amiko mini hd combo.
Iv got a usb to Rs232 FTDI cable. Iv followed the tut by BarryGFX (great tut btw) using toolbox 3612
and lavatronics 282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-211014-COMB abs
iv done this about 30 times now and still no joy, I keep getting Test serial port status, collect STB information, Transfer failed, click Back to try again what am i doing wrong

Hi All,

New to this and could do with your help please. I have an amiko mini combo and server1 is currently active but that service is acting up at the minute so looking to replace.
The question is how do i go about replacing this and updating the box? Is it as simple as changing an ip address in the settings or is there much more work involved?
Please PM me if you have experience with this.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at the guide again where it says

"Menu - Internet - Net Client Config"

"Enter your Lines manually, make sure "active server" is green (OK button)"

Just add your new line details and you are sorted
It's as easy as peas (y)

wow you're swift to reply..really appreciate that. While i have you there could you answer me these 3 queries please.
I've had a look and your screenshots and they look exactly what i have set up now on active server 1..the ones thats breaking up a bit.
1) If i am provided with a test key what exactly am i being given..is it an ip address and port #?
2) In my case do i then go in to server 2 config (dont want to remover server 1 just yet) and update the ip and port etc and make it active?
3) will my current tv channels disappear...do i have to need to tune in new them in again with new key

Thanks bees youre a star.

The 3.5mm jack are not long enough on some of them to reach the end of the 232 port.
to get a connection you have to manually solder onto the top of the pins on the board
and by using this method any usb to 232 serial adapter will then work.

Help please.
I'm still having trouble unbricking my Amiko mini hd combo.
Iv got a usb to Rs232 FTDI cable. Iv followed the tut by BarryGFX (great tut btw) using toolbox 3612
and lavatronics 282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-211014-COMB abs
iv done this about 30 times now and still no joy, I keep getting Test serial port status, collect STB information, Transfer failed, click Back to try again what am i doing wrong

Yeah, just add the details to server 2

You will get a line that looks like this

N: bestserver.com 12350 play123 ball456 01 02 03 04 05 06 07..........14

or

C: bestserver.com 12350 play123 ball456

Look at the SPACES

it breaks down into four parts

Server bestserver.com
Port 12350
Username play123
Password ball456

N Lines have a "Deskey" which are the numbers counting up to fourteen at the end of the line.

Deselct active server on your old line and make it active on your new line, just have one line running at any one time.

N Lines use Newcamd as the Emulator, the deskey is filled in automatically when you choose Newcamd

C lines use CCcam as the Emulator.

You don't need to mess with the channels

Last edited:
At last someone has made sense of it all for me. Thats a really big help. Enjoy your weekend!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back