Amiko Mini HD Combo Tutorial

Lavatronics normally have the firmware you will need.

This should give you the "net client config" option which allows you to put in a line.

You need the correct Net Id when scanning for channels.

You will get a green and yellow bar across the bottom of the screen when it is entered, before you scan.

No bars, no channels so don't bother scanning.

See the list in post #1 here

Also read post #2 for Amiko boxes

You can run sat or cable or both, if you run both you will need 2 lines.

Last edited:
Hi Bees i am setting up now and giving me reading that dont under stand imy area is Manchester 1 tp index 1/70 frequency 666.7 symbol rate 6952 quam 64 net work id 41063 lcn on

my network id manchester 1 41060 but when i select that i dont get any yellow and green line it just says no signal

dont think i am doing anything wrong please help why is is it giving me wrong reading thanks

According to the Net id list

Manchester 1 NTL ex C&W 41040 666.750 6.887

So you would enter 410.4 in the frequency field on your box (which is really a shortened version of the net id) , then 6887 for the symbol rate.

Then flick through the QAM settings until you get the bars across the bottom of the screen.

If that doesn't work try a net id and symbol rate for an area not to far away

got all the channels by 1/70 666.7 6952 41060 on channel showing scrambled i installed the line but when i plug in sky channel i get all sky sports etc i just want to use VM line not sky and i cant get this to work o VM line

Amiko mini combo has only " now + next for EPG ...

To record format your usb stick to fat32 and place it into side slot , there is a record bottom on the remote ,when pushed this will start to record a program instantly,

you can also record from your listings on your EPG schedule .

Autotimers will also allow you to record from a pre-configured time , just push the EPG button to see your different options .

Hi Bees,

Currently looking to get an Amiko Mini combo setup with a 12 month gift, ive been given the details but cant access "Net Config" in the "Internet" menu. Im aware that the box is restricted and I need different firmware, would you have any updated versions? Dont wanna brick the box!

Hi again,

Start a new thread, don't be shy ROFL

Give as much detail as you can about what you have done and where you are stuck

Otherwise we will keep asking you have you done this, have you checked that ROFL

"Post New Thread" button, top left of the screen in each section here

Last edited:
Hi, this is my first post. I have just recovered my bricked box after much trial and error wasting many hours ordering and using incompatible cables so I thought I'd share what I found. Most of the 3.5mm R232 cables out there have a jack connector too short for the Mini Combo, even most of the 4 pole connectors are too short and a cable I bought on ebay that was described as for the Amiko Mini Combo also ended up being too short. What is needed is a cable with a 17mm long connector. For me these were hard to find and I had to order one online from Ireland. I could post a link or name the shop but I'm not sure what the rules are for that kind of thing on here.

After finally getting that sorted I found the other problem was the USB to R232 cable adaptors I was using weren't up to the job. I don't have any computers with a serial port so USB adaptors were my only option but I was having no results with the two I already owned. I read somebody say that one with an FTDI chipset was best so I bought a StarTech adaptor and it worked straight away. I imagine ones using other FTDI chipsets would also work but the StarTech is solidly built and worth the extra cost in my opinion.

My original problems started after flashing the Combo with '1.5.7 Galaxy by Dekolte' firmware then trying to replace it. This turned out to be impossible, apparently because all the other firmwares use a lower bootloader 1.04 whereas the Galaxy is 1.07. I eventually tried firmware LAVATRONICS-282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-011014-COMBO with 1.07 Bootloader.abs on a USB flash drive which was supposed to sort out the problem but ended up with a bricked box.

As I said I have now recovered the box using the R232 cable but could only flash with the Galaxy firmware and I'm still stuck with it. I did hesitantly try the Lavatronics firmware again using the R232 cable instead of USB but once again it resulted in a bricked box, which I have recovered again.

Other than the Lavatronics firmware I have already tried does anybody know how to get rid of the Galaxy firmware and replace it?

Hi Kildimo, theres defo a post on here on how to get rid of Galaxy Firmware, had same problem myself, cant remember guys name though, have a look around it sorted me out, cheers

Hi tommytank, thanks for your reply. I've had a look but all I can find is the LAVATRONICS-282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-011014-COMBO with the 1.07 bootloader and that's what bricked my box. It seems to have worked for other people but this box is quite new, bought a few weeks ago so I don't know if there's any difference in the newer boxes but it just won't take that firmware. I originally used the 1.5.73 emu firmware and it worked ok but switching to the Galaxy was a big mistake as all the other firmware using 1.04 bootloader just won't load now as I always get the message that bootloader software is too low.

Kildimo have you tried the Amiko Toolbox, have a look at BarryGFX page 7 post #134 on this thread it might help, cheers tommy

Yes I have the Toolbox thanks, I used it to flash the firmware on the box after I bricked it. I just can't flash any firmware apart from Galaxy as I get the bootloader too low message.

Kildimo, this same problem as you have I am trying to contact this guy for you, tommy

13-01-2016
Hi, I have Flashed my Amiko mini Combo HD box with Dekolte Firmware bootloader 1.0.7 and need to go back to 1.0.4 bootloader
Does anyone have the Patched firmware Originaly Posted by serps87 as the link Provided to his Dropbox Account has since Expired
and I would appreciate it if serps87 or anyone else has the patched firmware would upload or link to it.​

Back