Amiko Mini HD Combo Tutorial

Hi, looking to put my sky (not cabloe) server N line on this box. I have got the firmware that shows net client config but not sure how to enter my line as I always done an upgrade by usb with the F5. Can anyone assist?

I've bricked and recovered my Amiko Mini Combo HD. You need to buy a null modem lead (got mine off eBay - Ireland) BUT you need access to a PC or laptop that has a serial port for the lead to work. I will post a more detailed post in the morning.

Barry can u help me wit Wat program u used on ur pc please and Wat software or firmware u used please and thank u

Yup, in the morning... I'll post all info needed. Too late now to dig it all out, so around 11am OK. Don't worry, its very simple to flash and fix.

I see Bees has posted on this already (#73 #83 #85)... I'll check thru all the posts and add anything that helps.

Last edited:
Me to As now I have unbricked it it won't find no channels at all do I need a cable.x
Or some other firmware
Please help as as it's of in the bin if not

no such thing as hd lines,sat channels as on 28.2 are limited to a few working hd channels,working on 19.2 if you have a motorised setup.
cable hd were not affected.

lines are for sat and could include sd and remainder of hd channels not affected by the move,but that include all in the future which is unknown to us.
Hi cactikid long time I got my gigablue combo working iv been offered sky an cable for £70 a year and are currently using a test line is this a good price please advise

Hey bees my gigablue combo is working nice thanks for the tutorial on it I'm looking for a second box for my bedroom for vm and sly is this box any good or would you recommend something else

Hi squeeky, I'm using the cheap and cheerful Amiko Mini Combo, only £69 but I' had no trouble with it. You have to scan for channels a few times to get them all, but apart from that it's very good, very easy to set up.

Relevant posts for anyone needing to flash their bricked Amiko Mini HD Combo:
Big thanks to Bees for the info on the 3 posts below...
Post #73 - lead needed
Post #83 - not the Amiko toolbox (link for that is below) but works in a similar way so pics should help you
Post #85

OK here we go...

(Toolbox for Amiko 3612) needed to load and flash the firmware via the RS232 lead (attached at the bottom of this post).

Here are the firmware files - latest is Jan 2015 - I used the one attached:
Lavatronics Download Centre | Amiko EVO Optibox Opticum

You will need one of these:
9 Pin RS232 Serial Port to 3.5mm Jack Programming Cable - look on eBay - around £9

I've attached the firmware that I used, and the toolbox.
Use the link if you run into problems. I used an old Dell laptop that luckily had a serial port running Win8 and it worked a treat.
As I recall:

1. Attach the RS232 Serial lead to the serial port of your chosen PC/laptop
  2. Attach the 3.5mm jack into the Amiko's RS232 serial port (3rd from the power) but do not switch it on (no power) See step 10
  3. Run the Toolbox for Amiko 3612 - turn the music option off (its annoying)
  4. Select LOADER AMIKO
  5. Click BROWSE and find the LAVATRONICS-282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-211014-COMBO (or whichever one you decide to use from the link - this is the one I used though) - so browse to where you saved this file.
  6. Click serial port drop down (I think mine worked on com1) so try COM1 - if not work your way thru it may be COM2 or 3
  7. Click Upgrade type drop down and select ALL SW + BOOTLOADER
  8. Mode setting is UPGRADE
  9. Click NEXT and turn on the power to the Amiko - if the serial port (com 1 etc) is right, you wont get a 'cant find serial port' message, and the lights on the display will flash like a mad thing - DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!
  10. NOTE: If the above doesn't work, try steps 3 to 9 with the Amiko powered on but simply remove and re-insert the serial jack in the Amiko after step 9 (I did this a while ago so cant remember the exact sequence)
  11. It will take a while but when finished will show ON (as I recall) on the display. Ideally, if you can attach the HDMI cable and watch on the TV, you should see the AMIKO boot up and so you will know 100% when its done.

Phew, hope this helps anyone with a bricked Amiko Mini HD Combo.
Sorry there are no pics, but I've explained as clearly as I can.

Please see post #152 for the links

Last edited:
Hi squeeky, I'm using the cheap and cheerful Amiko Mini Combo, only £69 but I' had no trouble with it. You have to scan for channels a few times to get them all, but apart from that it's very good, very easy to set up.
Yes I'm looking at this box now you said it's nice and easy to set up can you tell me what software came with or do they all come with same software

You need to update SW, just follow the first post in this thread "Amiko Mini HD Combo Tutorial" it's very easy to follow.

You will need one of these:
9 Pin RS232 Serial Port to 3.5mm Jack Programming Cable - look on eBay - around £9

Mine came with my box, it was at the bottom of the box under the cardboard shelf.

Didn't even know it was there until this topic popped up.

Thanks BarryGFX, with the guidance of your tutorial, I've succcessfully brought a DEAD Amiko mini HD T2/C box back to LIFE.

Back