Amiko Mini HD Combo Tutorial

xp pcs do the job right with null modem cables and rs232 ports on pc,in the olden days one could uploads channel dumps to pc,depends what you are trying to do ?

Just noticed the lead is supplied with the box.

You usually wire it all up.

Open the loader program, direct the loader to the unzipped firmware
then hit a download button of some description.

Sometimes the box is switched off at the back and then switched on so the file is transferred as the box boots.

I haven't done it on this box but this is how it was done on KV boxes,
obviously wiring and loader program is different but the process should
be similar, have a read here

Last edited:
strangest null modem cable i have ever seen lol go stick it in here i see.

Attachments

• c39a730930c8a1d8c41172048bd20e5b_l.jpg
    c39a730930c8a1d8c41172048bd20e5b_l.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 57
Power socket, then third one along RS232,

It is a 3.5mm jack plug to 9 pin rs232 at the computer end.

Have a look at post 74, never seen one until yesterday lol

Where is Ted Luxston when you need him !!! lol

Last edited:
Hi all,
Not getting any recognition on the of once connected. I've got two boxes ( one that's working fine) I tried to connect the working box via the supplied cable to test if it was the rs232 jack on the box was faulty.
Both boxes don't connect. I'll try and upload some pics. Seems odd.

---------- Post Merged at 02:27 PM ----------

*pc...

Hi i have virgin and thinking of getting one of these boxes. But i dont understand, do i have to pay a subscription for cable or not? Please help

this is a great tut but im having a big issue ive entered all my details im connected to my cable line fine and in cable net config ive put my freqsymbal, and modulation from the details i got from the enginears page on my tivo box level is 79percent and quality is 90 percent but everytime i hit the scan button it starts to scan channels soon as it finds a couple the box reboots if i then do a blind scan it finds loads of channels but then halfway through it reboots again i even loaded in a channel list from my area they work but a few channels like sports dont work and everytime i reboot with that cable list added it says lcn changed scan to update but then when it scans the channels it reboots its driving me mad any help please

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying this box but not sure which firmware it should have? Where would you recommend I buy the box from so that it has the correct/latest firmware?

Hello Mister786 you can either buy it from amiko.co.uk (they will give you option of having lavatronics firmware which is what you want). Or you can buy from eBay as well pre-flashed with same firmware. That's my few cents..

Got a problem with this box everytime i do a channel scan on the cable side it gets to about 70 of 120 and reboot can anyone help please thanks

Reflashed it twice just tryin lavatronics oldest firmware now see how that goes

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

It gets to about 80 of 130 then just reboots

You really are the bees knees, thanks alot, super guide, if I get this going you know what the missus would be doing tonight..lol

Back