Anyone switch from sly to BT

hkphooey

TK Veteran
Anyone left sly for BT and seen a improvement on average.
The amount I'm spending on extra vpn's I looking to switch to a BB service that's not causing my supplier a issue.
I've had enough

The amount I'm spending on extra vpn's I looking to switch to a BB service that's not causing my supplier a issue.
I've had enough
My friend has just switched from Virgin to BT he was a virgin for 15 years but does a lot of gaming and the pin kept dropping him out he has no trouble with BT been with him for about 4 months now and no trouble with his iptv

My friend has just switched from Virgin to BT he was a virgin for 15 years but does a lot of gaming and the pin kept dropping him out he has no trouble with BT been with him for about 4 months now and no trouble with his iptv
Yup been with sky about the same 15 years, had enough of blocks and seem to be throttling, they block my provider also.
So gonna try it 2 years seems long time if they work out worse but of all the providers I feel these are the best to try.

Been with sky 10 year had a block about 12 months maybe longer never been blocked since I switched to nowbroadband left them within 3 days of been installed at home now signed upto ee on 18 month deal

Agree with baz above am with vermin and had a block also about 12 months ago nothing since...sticking with them as can never get the speeds with another ISP..VPNs not that expensive nowadays and moving ISP doesnt mean your not likely to get blocks later..can still happen.

cheers guys cant get Virgin where i am, unfortunately, might just bite the bullet go BT

Agree with baz above am with vermin and had a block also about 12 months ago nothing since...sticking with them as can never get the speeds with another ISP..VPNs not that expensive nowadays and moving ISP doesnt mean your not likely to get blocks later..can still happen.
Yup, i understand no guarantee of future blocks, but for the extra costs of VPN's ( i have 3) and extra providers ( ones that work with sky and ones that doesn't) costing fortune.
The messing flicking through different VPN's and changing the supplier farting around on footy weekdays is doing my head in, know few on BT with my main supplier and alls good.
Might as well try BT and one provider and no VPN, will save me money, keep the one VPN, ditch Nord rip off.

Why not just tether to your phone if you have unlimited data on a football day lol
Yup have 3 unlimited but flaky 4g where i am.... and have multiple wired devices have looked at this option but pain in arse mate, really wish ISP's would give shorter term deals...

Have you looked on uswitch or go compare some offer 18 months I've seen a few 12 month ones floating around

I've had enough

I went from Sky to Plusnet, BT, back to Sky. Very similar speeds with each, had iptv blocks with BT and Sky (other isp's were before the court orders to block EPL.) I'd say if you change to BT set the vpn (nord is fine) to start automatically when all illegal streaming is done then you'll never flag up as an end user and hopefully they'll leave you alone. I've had problems with Sky at football kick off times that were solved instantly by swith to an EE WiFi hotspot.

@bazcfc1 what was wrong with Now broadband? Looked at them recently as they do 12 month contracts or even monthly if you pay setup costs.

I went from Sky to Plusnet, BT, back to Sky. Very similar speeds with each, had iptv blocks with BT and Sky (other isp's were before the court orders to block EPL.) I'd say if you change to BT set the vpn (nord is fine) to start automatically when all illegal streaming is done then you'll never flag up as an end user and hopefully they'll leave you alone. I've had problems with Sky at football kick off times that were solved instantly by swith to an EE WiFi hotspot.

@bazcfc1 what was wrong with Now broadband? Looked at them recently as they do 12 month contracts or even monthly if you pay setup costs.
Basically mate speeds are fine was getting 35mbps hard wired and around 30 mbps on WiFi no soon as my lad would start, downloading say a 14gig game our speed downstairs would zap to 1 maybe 2mbps.
All they said was will raise it with network and do your downloading through the night which was a joke so now signed back upto ee

@hkphooey , plenty of cheap VPN on fleabay its worth taking a shot I have nord 3year for £3.90 and ipvanish 5year auto renew £3.03 and a surrfshark one but last time I looked no surfshark one availabe

My EE has only got a couple of month left on contract, then will be going to virgin as they have just put it in our area, got to say EE have been rock solid i have never had to get in touch with them at all vpn works a treat.
Had plus net before they were good but they really don't like you to use a vpn at all. I ended up putting their router into modem mode and using an old asus router.

Basically mate speeds are fine was getting 35mbps hard wired and around 30 mbps on WiFi no soon as my lad would start, downloading say a 14gig game our speed downstairs would zap to 1 maybe 2mbps.
All they said was will raise it with network and do your downloading through the night which was a joke so now signed back upto ee

Cheers, I'll give them a miss now!

@hkphooey , plenty of cheap VPN on fleabay its worth taking a shot I have nord 3year for £3.90 and ipvanish 5year auto renew £3.03 and a surrfshark one but last time I looked no surfshark one availabe
Wow that's good are they hacked accounts I pay £9 a month for nord about 3£ for ipvanish

Wow that's good are they hacked accounts I pay £9 a month for nord about 3£ for ipvanish

Those on the bay and other places at those prices are usually hacked accounts.

Which worth getting if you get warranty with it as prices for these accounts are so much lesser than legit accounts.

Back