best/easiest way to connect s2 to upstairs tv ?

whats the best easiest way to connect my zgemma to the tv in bedroom ?

by that i mean can i watch whats on my box downstairs on my tv in bedroom

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I remember a post where someone said they got an android stick for their bedroom TV and used openwebif to watch from the zgemma in living room - just can't find the post now lol

Hi. I use the RF out on the box connected to an RF modulator which pipes to my TV upstairs. Works a treat. I change channel using the dreaMote iPhone app.

Can also use Kodi. My next little project is going to be piping it to a third TV. I'm going to use an Android Fire Stick with Kodi, talking to Openwebif to stream. Should work fine, streams to my PC fine this way.

Cheers , Is there an idiots guide anywhere?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not really I don't think. For the RF modulator you'll need something like a loftbox, same setup as a Magic Eye basically. Unless you just want to run an aerial cable. But's it's easy if you have all that ready to go. You just set the RF modulator to a channel and then tune the second TV in on analogue at it will find the signal. You can look at senders like sucmnsee uses if you don't have the 'infrastructure' in place.

I've installed Kodi on my PC for testing and it ran fine. I tried it on an old Raspberry Pi and it didn't handle it well. I know you can install Kodi on a Fire Stick so I'll do that. But it's pretty simple. From memory there's a plugin you install in Kodi, you point it to the zgemma box Openwebif, so IP:PORT etc and it will fill with all your bouquets and you can select and play.

The addon is in the pvr section of kodi allows you to watch a different channel as is being shown on the TV so you can still use your TV downstairs as well

I have a Raspberry pi running Kodi. Works flawlessly. Have EPG, Recordings etc.

If you have a fire stick it will also work fine

I have a Raspberry pi running Kodi. Works flawlessly. Have EPG, Recordings etc.

If you have a fire stick it will also work fine

Which model you got? My Raspberry Pi 1 512MB was taking an age importing the bouquets. All my Raspberry Pi 2's are busy running Plex!

Hi, I've tried running kodi on my PC and I've successfully connected to my zgemma, its starts to pull the data down but this process is taking hours? The PC is a top spec gaming rig so its not that. Everything is all hard wired it not using WiFi.

Will the data pull down happen every time I open Kodi? My plan was to buy an android box and connectit to my TV up stairs and stream from the zgemma.

If you have kodi set to download all bouquets it takes forever easier to change it to specific bouquet ie all channels and you'll find it a lot quicker

Thanks for the reply, I need to look into it further. On the PC I was using openwebif to get the file to stream and that works well, but really wanted a nice user interface like kodi offers.

I use dreamdroid on my phone which works spot on and streams well, seems very light to use, something like that but on the PC would be nice.

Hi. I use the RF out on the box connected to an RF modulator which pipes to my TV upstairs. Works a treat. I change channel using the dreaMote iPhone app.

Can also use Kodi. My next little project is going to be piping it to a third TV. I'm going to use an Android Fire Stick with Kodi, talking to Openwebif to stream. Should work fine, streams to my PC fine this way.

Er, the zgemma doesn't have RF out???

Also, how do I get Kodi - on a device in another room - to see the zgemma channels/picture?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I purchased the Amazon firestick and installed Kodi, streaming live TV from box is working great but initially had some issues, sd channels where constantly stuttering so after some research I created an advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache size, worked a treat, i also created a custom bouquet as setting it to all channels takes ages to scan.

I previously used the RF2 output on my sly box to watch upstairs so still considering investing in a rf modulator but the stick certainly works though it needs a usb port or a spare power outlet on other tv.

Back