best/easiest way to connect s2 to upstairs tv ?

Hi guys, I purchased the Amazon firestick and installed Kodi, streaming live TV from box is working great but initially had some issues, sd channels where constantly stuttering so after some research I created an advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache size, worked a treat, i also created a custom bouquet as setting it to all channels takes ages to scan.

I previously used the RF2 output on my sly box to watch upstairs so still considering investing in a rf modulator but the stick certainly works though it needs a usb port or a spare power outlet on other tv.

Hi, can you please elaborate on what you mean with the “advance settings xml”? I have bought an Android box (Vens K1 plus) with the plan of streaming to a TV upstairs, I have the PVR Client set up in Kodi no problem and my chosen bouquet is showing but like you I’m getting really bad buffering even though I’m hardwired in.

I have also tried timote and that does work with no buffer but I always seem to pick up the audio description which I can’t find a way of turning it off when in timote? You can in Kodi.

Ideally I’d prefer to use the PVR client in Kodi as the user interface is very good I just need to sort the buffering issue.

hae you got the hardware acceleration turned on? And do you have the mpeg2 codec for hardware accelaration?

Neither of those sound familiar so I guess not, how do I do that?

It works fine when using kodi on the PC.

I've found a very simple solution to the problem i was having with buffering. I've installed a forked version of XBMC called SPMC from the Playstore, looks identical to XBMC/Kodi, I've gone through the usual PVR client set up with my IP address from my Zgemma and loaded the All Channels bouquet.

Now i get zero buffer and can watch SD/HD live channels via the VU+ enigma 2 client in a separate room to the zgemma.

Hi guys, I purchased the Amazon firestick and installed Kodi, streaming live TV from box is working great but initially had some issues, sd channels where constantly stuttering so after some research I created an advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache size, worked a treat, i also created a custom bouquet as setting it to all channels takes ages to scan.

I previously used the RF2 output on my sly box to watch upstairs so still considering investing in a rf modulator but the stick certainly works though it needs a usb port or a spare power outlet on other tv.

Hi, can you please elaborate on what you mean with the “advance settings xml”? I have bought an Android box (Vens K1 plus) with the plan of streaming to a TV upstairs, I have the PVR Client set up in Kodi no problem and my chosen bouquet is showing but like you I’m getting really bad buffering even though I’m hardwired in.

I have also tried timote and that does work with no buffer but I always seem to pick up the audio description which I can’t find a way of turning it off when in timote? You can in Kodi.

Ideally I’d prefer to use the PVR client in Kodi as the user interface is very good I just need to sort the buffering issue.

to turn off audio description play few with vlc player you can the change audio option

Thought I would bump this is its related. I decided to go the fire stick/Kodi route to serve our bedroom TV, install all went well although when I change the channel upstairs, the box downstairs also changes to the same channel.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? For the life of me, I cannot see it.

Any help appreciated.

If you've got a single tuner box then this will explain this.

Thought I would bump this is its related. I decided to go the fire stick/Kodi route to serve our bedroom TV, install all went well although when I change the channel upstairs, the box downstairs also changes to the same channel.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? For the life of me, I cannot see it.

Any help appreciated.

I followed these instructions to the letter but I cant seem to connect to any channels. I'm using an M8s android box. Any idea?

ok this is how I got Perfect Player on firestick to stream zgemma channels, get the .apk here http://niklabs.com/?wpdmdl=772 or from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niklabs.pp

after installing the perfect player .apk on firestick, start openwebif on you pc ie the ip address of your zgemma. Now you have to save the .m3u file from the bouquet you want to view. Click on bouquets at the top of openwebif then click the little tv icon to the left of the bouquet name you want to view on firestick and the .m3u will download. Ive got Entertainment and Sports on my firestick Perfect Player but you could download the .m3u for "all channels" if you wanted I guess. Now rename the .m3u you've just download to "entertainment" "sports" or whatever bouquet(s) you've chosen. Perfect Player only lets you have 2 categories by the way.

Now transfer the .m3u file(s) over to the firestick, I use use Rapfox FTP on the stick and filezilla on pc which works great. I transferred the .m3u files to/storage/emulated/0/download/

To set up Perfect Player settings:
IPTV data server = your zgemma IP

And this is how I've set up my playlist settings in perfect player:

Playlist 1:
/storage/emulated/0/download/entertainment.m3u

Playlist 2:
/storage/emulated/0/download/sports.m3u

This method works great for me, the only downside is there is no EPG, I've not worked out how to do that yet lol

I followed these instructions to the letter but I cant seem to connect to any channels. I'm using an M8s android box. Any idea?

ok this is how I got Perfect Player on firestick to stream zgemma channels, get the .apk here http://niklabs.com/?wpdmdl=772 or from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niklabs.pp

after installing the perfect player .apk on firestick, start openwebif on you pc ie the ip address of your zgemma. Now you have to save the .m3u file from the bouquet you want to view. Click on bouquets at the top of openwebif then click the little tv icon to the left of the bouquet name you want to view on firestick and the .m3u will download. Ive got Entertainment and Sports on my firestick Perfect Player but you could download the .m3u for "all channels" if you wanted I guess. Now rename the .m3u you've just download to "entertainment" "sports" or whatever bouquet(s) you've chosen. Perfect Player only lets you have 2 categories by the way.

Now transfer the .m3u file(s) over to the firestick, I use use Rapfox FTP on the stick and filezilla on pc which works great. I transferred the .m3u files to/storage/emulated/0/download/

To set up Perfect Player settings:
IPTV data server = your zgemma IP

And this is how I've set up my playlist settings in perfect player:

Playlist 1:
/storage/emulated/0/download/entertainment.m3u

Playlist 2:
/storage/emulated/0/download/sports.m3u

This method works great for me, the only downside is there is no EPG, I've not worked out how to do that yet lol

I'm not sure what your situation is but my problem was I could connect my m8 box to my zgemma box via the VU+ PVR clien but only get all channels. It would take so long to load every individual bouquet up (like 15-20mins). For the life of me the m8 box of mine wouldn't recognise any of my custom bouquets. With the help of another member on here I sussed it out.

1) Get your zgemma IP address
2) On your m8 box go to SYSTEM>ADDONS>ALL ADDONS>PVR CLIEBTS>VU+
3) Click on configure and input your zgemma s2 IP address
4) Now click ok or done and enable the client
5) Back out and power of Kodi/RESTART it. Once your m8 box loads so should the PVR client too and a new section called TV will appear along side Music Videos Programs etc.
6) Let your m8 box do its thing loading all your channels (I would grab a brew as it takes a while) and BOOM you can stream to your box hopefully.

Apologies this is just a rough setup but it's how I got it working

If you have a custom bouquet put it in the configuration part of the PVR client and once you have enabled it go back to SYSTEM>TV>CLEAR DATA>SEARCH CHANNELS

Hope this helps

Stuttering firestick how to create advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache s

Hello, i bought a fire stick installed kodi and streaming from my zgemma but on the fire stick its very jumpy and jittery! How do i create advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache size.

Download a copy of my advancedsettings.xml from my dropbox and then, on your firestick install the es file explorer app, and turn on remote manager in the network settings i believe. this will give you an ip address to ftp into so that you can navigate to your userdata folder of kodi to copy and paste the advancedsettings file into. this will then prebuffer your streams by a few seconds allowing you to watch them jitter free

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2lh6oxxq138ppb/advancedsettings.xml?dl=0

i tryed all this streaming stuff coudnt get any to work for me
but yesterday found a nice free pc iptv player called maxnet iptv set it up in a few mins then downloaded the full mu3 file for my box and unbelievably it works flawlessly :) VLC viewing on the computer - MAXNET
i have a edision os mini cable running atv5.3 latest update

Back