best/easiest way to connect s2 to upstairs tv ?

Thanks for the reply, I need to look into it further. On the PC I was using openwebif to get the file to stream and that works well, but really wanted a nice user interface like kodi offers.

I use dreamdroid on my phone which works spot on and streams well, seems very light to use, something like that but on the PC would be nice.

Would timote or dreamdroid be available to download on chromecast to connect to tv?

Does watching the zgemma via Kodi change what is output to the TV the zgemma is actually connected to?

Or can you watch one channel on the TV and another one through Kodi?

Does watching the zgemma via Kodi change what is output to the TV the zgemma is actually connected to?

Or can you watch one channel on the TV and another one through Kodi?

Watching using the firestick you can watch a different channel from what the box is on.
Thanks - though I just noticed that his had already been stated earlier in the thread.

Might look into that to see how good it is. Might not cheaper way of achieving multiroom than buying a second receiver.

hi can any1 help,,i have set up the zgemma box and kodi to stream,,it loads the bouquet list when kodi loads..but how do i access the channels??i cant find any off my channels from box in live tv section..thanx for any help

don't use kodi if got android or firestick just use timote its alot easier and less hassle to setup no waiting channels load it's all there ready to go

Thanx mate,,can u stream any channel..or just what channel is on box?

Hi not used it recently, but could watch and change channels no problem, I'll check later for you how I set it up and post back here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok this is how I got Perfect Player on firestick to stream zgemma channels, get the .apk here http://niklabs.com/?wpdmdl=772 or from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niklabs.pp

after installing the perfect player .apk on firestick, start openwebif on you pc ie the ip address of your zgemma. Now you have to save the .m3u file from the bouquet you want to view. Click on bouquets at the top of openwebif then click the little tv icon to the left of the bouquet name you want to view on firestick and the .m3u will download. Ive got Entertainment and Sports on my firestick Perfect Player but you could download the .m3u for "all channels" if you wanted I guess. Now rename the .m3u you've just download to "entertainment" "sports" or whatever bouquet(s) you've chosen. Perfect Player only lets you have 2 categories by the way.

Now transfer the .m3u file(s) over to the firestick, I use use Rapfox FTP on the stick and filezilla on pc which works great. I transferred the .m3u files to/storage/emulated/0/download/

To set up Perfect Player settings:
IPTV data server = your zgemma IP

And this is how I've set up my playlist settings in perfect player:

Playlist 1:
/storage/emulated/0/download/entertainment.m3u

Playlist 2:
/storage/emulated/0/download/sports.m3u

This method works great for me, the only downside is there is no EPG, I've not worked out how to do that yet lol

Last edited:
ok this is how I got Perfect Player on firestick to stream zgemma channels, get the .apk here http://niklabs.com/?wpdmdl=772 or from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niklabs.pp

after installing the perfect player .apk on firestick, start openwebif on you pc ie the ip address of your zgemma. Now you have to save the .m3u file from the bouquet you want to view. Click on bouquets at the top of openwebif then click the little tv icon to the left of the bouquet name you want to view on firestick and the .m3u will download. Ive got Entertainment and Sports on my firestick Perfect Player but you could download the .m3u for "all channels" if you wanted I guess. Now rename the .m3u you've just download to "entertainment" "sports" or whatever bouquet(s) you've chosen. Perfect Player only lets you have 2 categories by the way.

Now transfer the .m3u file(s) over to the firestick, I use use Rapfox FTP on the stick and filezilla on pc which works great. I transferred the .m3u files to/storage/emulated/0/download/

Playlist 1:

Playlist 2:

This method works great for me, the only downside is there is no EPG, I've not worked out how to do that yet lol
hi mate i have ot as far as .m3u..i have file zilla on pc and rapfox on firestick..but i cant seem to connect to firestick to ftp files,,any help please?

i use remotestreamconverter plugin it's by far the best way, I have duo2 with twin sat and cable and a zgemma in the bedroom connected via powerline, have the hard drive mounted via network on the zgemma so can view recordings and have full epg and all channels are same quality even hd channels

i use remotestreamconverter plugin it's by far the best way, I have duo2 with twin sat and cable and a zgemma in the bedroom connected via powerline, have the hard drive mounted via network on the zgemma so can view recordings and have full epg and all channels are same quality even hd channels

Can you give me instructions please mate thanx

Playlist 1:

Playlist 2:

hi mate i have ot as far as .m3u..i have file zilla on pc and rapfox on firestick..but i cant seem to connect to firestick to ftp files,,any help please?

Start rapfox on firestick, click the big yellow start button, make a note of the ftp url and port. Open FileZilla on pc and connect to the above ip and port with username and password as fox.

Playlist 1:

Playlist 2:

Start rapfox on firestick, click the big yellow start button, make a note of the ftp url and port. Open FileZilla on pc and connect to the above ip and port with username and password as fox.

Good man got it thanx..but gibletts setup sounds good...thanx very much for help guys..much appreciated

Hi guys, I purchased the Amazon firestick and installed Kodi, streaming live TV from box is working great but initially had some issues, sd channels where constantly stuttering so after some research I created an advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache size, worked a treat, i also created a custom bouquet as setting it to all channels takes ages to scan.

I previously used the RF2 output on my sly box to watch upstairs so still considering investing in a rf modulator but the stick certainly works though it needs a usb port or a spare power outlet on other tv.

Hi, can you please elaborate on what you mean with the “advance settings xml”? I have bought an Android box (Vens K1 plus) with the plan of streaming to a TV upstairs, I have the PVR Client set up in Kodi no problem and my chosen bouquet is showing but like you I’m getting really bad buffering even though I’m hardwired in.

I have also tried timote and that does work with no buffer but I always seem to pick up the audio description which I can’t find a way of turning it off when in timote? You can in Kodi.

Ideally I’d prefer to use the PVR client in Kodi as the user interface is very good I just need to sort the buffering issue.

Hi guys, I purchased the Amazon firestick and installed Kodi, streaming live TV from box is working great but initially had some issues, sd channels where constantly stuttering so after some research I created an advanced settings xml and increased buffer cache size, worked a treat, i also created a custom bouquet as setting it to all channels takes ages to scan.

I previously used the RF2 output on my sly box to watch upstairs so still considering investing in a rf modulator but the stick certainly works though it needs a usb port or a spare power outlet on other tv.

Hi, can you please elaborate on what you mean with the “advance settings xml”? I have bought an Android box (Vens K1 plus) with the plan of streaming to a TV upstairs, I have the PVR Client set up in Kodi no problem and my chosen bouquet is showing but like you I’m getting really bad buffering even though I’m hardwired in.

I have also tried timote and that does work with no buffer but I always seem to pick up the audio description which I can’t find a way of turning it off when in timote? You can in Kodi.

Ideally I’d prefer to use the PVR client in Kodi as the user interface is very good I just need to sort the buffering issue.

hae you got the hardware acceleration turned on? And do you have the mpeg2 codec for hardware accelaration?

Back