Blade 5000s Firmware files...EPG 7 DAYS

Ron105

Hi anyone having trouble with 7 day epg on 5000s going blank and disconnecting issues revert back to original software without epg download,as we know about the problem and its being looked into.

Hi,

Just to shed a bit more light on this potential problem, Ron105 has had this problem on a few boxes
now.

I have only set up 2 and have not had any "blank screen" issues at all.
The boxes are used on a regular basis.

Could any members with a BM5000s please chip in and let us know
if you have or haven't had any issues when you are running on the 7 Day EPG firmware.

This problem is relating specifically to the 7 Day EPG firmware.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I've been using my BM5000s all week, added the 7 Day EPG firmware on the Wednesday and it doesn't feel as stable.

My issues are mainly that the box seems to take a long time to startup from standy by, not sure if this is related to the 7 Day EPG.

Also I've had to stop pressing the EPG button on the remote sometimes it causes a blank screen and other times the menu comes up and changes the channel it's self.

Going to revert back to the original firmware with 9991 option for a more stable option for now.

Ive been having problems where I get error. Signal lost on receiver 1. I immediately flip to the next channel and back qnd it works again.

Definitely something with firmware.

Yes it does have its bugs as mentioned above, would also like it to be faster when on the epg seems very slow to search the guide and slower to move channel than when pressing ok and using that menu. Found that when watching a channel then i press the epg the channel changes in the background. Also when on the epg and you press ok to get details about the program it says "No EPG Detail". A Few bugs but no doubts it will be sorted soon.

I've been using my BM5000s all week, added the 7 Day EPG firmware on the Wednesday and it doesn't feel as stable.

My issues are mainly that the box seems to take a long time to startup from standy by, not sure if this is related to the 7 Day EPG.

Go to TV setting in the menu and change from "power save" to "normal" .

Also I've had to stop pressing the EPG button on the remote sometimes it causes a blank screen and other times the menu comes up and changes the channel it's self.

Have you got a pen drive in the box ?

As once the EPG is loaded it updates in real time.

The box hasn't got on board memory, and you need a USB stick in the box for it to auto update.
This maybe the reason why you are getting the blank screen problem.

Thank you very much for this post.

I got " no signal (input 1)" message today. It was ok after half hour. I think just rebooted and did the 9991 thing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you got a pen drive in your box ?

7 Day EPG needs somewhere to store the data
as the box doesn't have it.

Firmware is getting looked at at the mo.Should have an answer sometime
mid week.

Keep posting as soon as the problem is tracked down it can be sorted.

The more people post the sooner it can be resolved. (y)

My boxes haven't had any issues .:dunno:

Yeah got a USB, and a 1TB HDD. It's perfect without EPG but as soon as I load it my programmes just black out and then picture comes bk every 25-40 seconds

Well I suppose it had to be my turn sooner or later lol

Was watching MOTD on BBC 1, picture was fine, then it started breaking up, and a few secs later
got " no signal / tuner 1 " message.

So it can't be anything to do with the line or internet.

Is everyone who has posted a problem having the same/similar issue as I have described ?

Put it on standby then put it back on got the same message.

Turned it off by the rocker switch at the back and switched it back on and it was back to normal.

I will leave the firmware on at the mo as it's the first time it's happened and see how things develop.

If it becomes an issue I will revert to the 9991 firmware without the 7 day EPG.

Hopefully a newer version of the 7 Day EPG will be released in the next few days
as it does seem to point to a few bugs still in the firmware as others have suggested.

With mine, what happens is I'll be watching something and the screen will go black and then picture will be back on after 5seconds. It also sometimes says scrambled signal sometimes. These only happen with the EPG FW

Same happened to me again earlier on. No signal input 1 and scrambled channel too. Switched off and on with the switch at back and it was ok again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found another bug. If you press epg on your remote go to a channel but dont click on it just to look at the guide and press exit. The next time you press epg it will automatically switch to the channel you last checked

Found another bug. If you press epg on your remote go to a channel but dont click on it just to look at the guide and press exit. The next time you press epg it will automatically switch to the channel you last checked

I can confirm this has happened to me also.

Aswell would be good to see if people are also having this problem, when I'm watchingn a Free-to-Air channel mainly ITV HD for a while, then I switch to a paid channel like Sky Sports 1 HD, it's just a black screen, to get the picture back I've been going to the 9991 menu and flicking my server off then back on and it instantly comes back.

Anyone else having this?

Similar problems, screen occasionally just goes black for about 5 secs then comes back on fine. Also when browsing epg but without changing viewing channel and returning to watching, when you next press epg it changes the viewing channel to wherever you were previously browsing. A bit annoying.

Back