Blade 5000s Firmware files...EPG 7 DAYS

I spoke too soon earlier in this thread I said I had not had any problems with it but in the last couple of days I have had it blocking on hd free to air channels when I change station and the change it back again it is ok I have also had the signal scrambled message and the screen go black for a few seconds and then come back on I dont think it is a server error as I have 2 servers which I alternate between and the same thing is happening on both of them I think Imay go back to factory settings and try it then.

Any update on when the new firmware will be released?

Was supposed to hear something this week but it's all quiet at the mo, the support
is usually very good for blades so we will just have to be patient while it's being sorted.

Hi, I'm a new user, everything installed but can't see the su.ss file in the image upgrade option.

Hi, you are best starting a new thread instead of this one going off topic.
You need to post more info on your problem for instance,
can you see the file on a usb stick on your computer but not on the TV screen ?
did you unzip it ? etc.
We can pinpoint the problem more quickly if you put in more detail.

Last edited:
Was supposed to hear something this week but it's all quiet at the mo, the support
is usually very good for blades so we will just have to be patient while it's being sorted.

Yeah I guess, is it blade themselves who are fixing the bugs?

I have epg installed. But took out the USB stick. Watched sky sports all evening. No problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am now getting an additional problem. When I press epg it takes me to the correct screen but, when I try to change category say from sports to movies it freezes, crashes and reboots. After the reboot only the original epg is shown not 7 days. If I then download the epg again it works fine for a period of time.

i assume this "7 day EPG" is self explanatory in that it reveals whats on the channels for the next 7 days?
if so, then since i originally set up my box over 4 weeks ago i never installed the "7 day guide" because when i press the EPG button i just get whats on and whats on next.

i have experienced none of the problems listed that people are getting with the 7 day guide installed.

i get the odd pause or black screen for half a second, but i just blame that on either my bband/provider/weather?!

im a newbie so i cant obv give an answer but if its possible to take off the 7 day guide it may solve a few issues until Blade sort out their end.

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

i also run with a permanent usb - 32gb mem stick in, and use ethernet instead of wi-fi.

7 day EPG is what you said.

It also allows you to use one button timer recording which is a big plus.

Seems to have a few bugs at the mo, but 9991 (now and next) firmware is stable.

I am still running the 7 day EPG firmware and have only had one glitch in the last month or so,
but some members seem to have a few more issues than I have had.

I am sure it will get sorted, we just have to be a bit patient while they sort out a few bugs
and make sure it's stable.

So are most folks having issues with this?

I havent tried to set it up because of the reported issues on here. If i try to set it up and its problematic is it easy to revert back to 9991?

Also do i need a usb stick in the box for the 7day EPG.

Oh and final question. When you guys press epg does it only show the category that you last viewed with the ok button. For example if you press ok and go to sports and pick a channel, the next time you press epg does it only show sports?

Thanks.

The amount of issues seem to vary from person to person. Mine have been very minor.
I am still running the 7 day firmware and only had one problem which was sorted in 5 mins.

Reverting back is easy, just load the 9991 firmware again if you have problems withe the 7 Day EPG.
It will keep your line settings stored. 2 min job.

You need a USB stick in the box to run the 7 Day EPG as the box hasn't got enough memory to store the data.

Not had/noticed the last problem.

You are best giving it a go and see what happens, it won't harm the box.

Post in here if you find problems. (y)

Same problems Have had "no signal" and "scrambled channel" if I go to 9991, server off then on the picture comes back after a while.

Guys anything thats scrambled or the black screen for a few seconds or freezing is your servers problem not the epg guide. Only post problems when you are using the epg button on your remote as this is to do with the epg.

Only really started using mine today and getting regular crashes and reboots when using EPG. Seems to be when I press the blue button to choose another category

Any word on new epg update. I'm still getting the odd "no signal input1". But I only get it on the free view channels. It's not big problem though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back