blade bm7000s how do you rate it.

Kept freezing every 5 mins so I had to power off at the back. Then just got the red flashing light on the front. Got it going a few times holding the menu button on the front of the box whilst powering on, but it would just crash again after watching for a bit. Was quite upset.

Ive had nothing but problems with mine... 2 different servers and annoying, occasional glitching on both, media files played great at first but now after 2 weeks all media files are losing audio shortly after watching them and many refusing to play at all. Youtube feature never worked, stream feature has the same problems as the media player... files refusing to play and/or losing audio

Im hoping that a replacement box on the warranty will fix the problem... fingers crossed

1 major problem I have noticed - the box plays HD and 3D files through usb very well (normally, mine being the exception). But the box will only accept a USB stick/drive that is fromatted in FAT32 and any drive formatted in FAT32 will not allow you to put a file that is bigger than 4GB on it, regardless of the free space on the disk... point being... the receiver can play large HD/3D files, but there is no possible way to feed it those large files (except if u wanna stream everything from your PC). Also - the 7 day EPG does work - but youcan only ever get further info on now/next programmes and never on anything further

Other than those niggly problems and my boxes personal problems I actually like it and hopefully I can get a properly working one soon

all media files are losing audio shortly after watching them and many refusing to play at all. Youtube feature never worked, stream feature has the same problems as the media player... files refusing to play and/or losing audio

That happens with me and it's down to the file type, MP4 always lose audio between 5 - 20 minutes same with streaming and via usb input - I only watch avi on my blade if I want to watch a film uninterrupted.

Youtube is a waste of time, never understood why they put it on the box as it will only cause complaints from users unless perfect, that aside I bought it to watch free TV not youtube which is what a smart TV or a normal PC is for I suppose.

But the box will only accept a USB stick/drive that is fromatted in FAT32 and any drive formatted in FAT32 will not allow you to put a file that is bigger than 4GB on it, regardless of the free space on the disk... point being... the receiver can play large HD/3D files, but there is no possible way to feed it those large files

Not had this issue, maybe try formatting the usb with the blade rather than the PC? worth a try I suppose.

the 7 day EPG does work - but youcan only ever get further info on now/next programmes and never on anything further

How are you updating your epg? try the yellow button once on the channel menu then try the epg again, it should go much further than now and next by pressing guide, many just select the OK button then press green for next rather than using the guide button.

Best of luck with your new box.

One of the big positives for me buying the box though, was the fact that it played a vast array of files. I have TB's of boxing videos stored on extrenal HDD's that I wanted to play through my receiver. There really should be no freezing/sound loss problems at all with mp4, or any other file typess for that matter. Its quite disappointing, especially for me

Im with you - I couldnt really care less about the Youtube feature either

With regards to the FAT32, this isnt a problem just for me - it is a set in stone limitation of the FAT32 file system and will be the same for everyone. It is simply impossible for anyone to transfer a file greater than 4GB onto a stick/drive that is formatted in FAT32. Try googling '4GB FAT32 limit' and you will see

I have updated the EPG by leaving it on the blank EPG channel for a while and also the yellow button method that you mention - both are the same... I do get the full 7 day guide, but my point was that I only get a synospsis for the now/next programmes. All programmes further along the EPG just get a blank synopsis.

Thanks for the suggestions though. Im going to contact the guy I got my box from today. The problem is I got it off Ebay sometime around December, but have only got around to setting it up and using it a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully I can get a better working replacement... fingers crossed

Very happy with my Blade. got two infact, one downstairs (main box) and one in the spare room.

Never had any problems, they just work.

@arron: Boxes like these tend not to like great big HD files. You really need a PC or Apple TV or something like that for playing these. I've never found any box that does big HD films very well. Usually they crash the box.

Even my Samsung HD TV wont play downloaded big HD films properly from usb, half the time the TV just locks up or the sound stops halfway through or goes haywire.

But I do stream all my movies and person of interest from my PC to my blade box and it is perfect.

Yea Youtube was probably just keeping up with the market. Although I did leave it playing a 2 hour yule log fireplace during xmas dinner lol :grin:

I give it a thumbs up.

Back