Blue HD 2 Beta

Your channel zap is the extended number zap plugin. No individual Plugins have been skinned yet

Last edited:
Confirm it bootloops looking for the time.ttf font in OpenViX 3.2 build 7. Does anyone have a time.ttf file to post to see if that fixes the boot?

Im still kinda new to these boxes and got it installed on the latest mtpockets backup image with no problems...... amazing work :) you deserve not just one beer , but an entire crate. looks amazing..thankyou. will comment back if i encounter any issues.. is there anyway to remove the testing purposes only thing in the bottom right corner??

loving how the time shifts working.... the old way with the massive bar was so ugly...cant wait to see the fully finished product :grin:

Last edited:
Confirm it bootloops looking for the time.ttf font in OpenViX 3.2 build 7. Does anyone have a time.ttf file to post to see if that fixes the boot?

In skin.xml you should see the following lines

<!-- default skin fonts -->
<!-- <font filename="nmsbd.ttf" name="Regular" scale="90" /> -->
<font filename="andale.ttf" name="Fixed" scale="100" />
<font filename="tuxtxt.ttf" name="Console" scale="100" />
<font filename="time.ttf" name="BMCTime" scale="100" />
<font filename="ae_AlMateen.ttf" name="Replacement" scale="100" replacement="1" />
<font filename="valis_enigma.ttf" name="Enigma" scale="100"/>

This is the bit calling in all the fonts. You can try deleting the above lines and see if it works.

I don't actually think I need them lines of code in anyway.

Don't delete the bluehd fonts or the subtitle fonts though in the section after this.

---------- Post Merged at 03:37 PM ----------

Also for testing purposes, you can just copy any of the other fonts in the main font folder (not my skins font folder) and rename it time.tff. It's only looking for the name.

Legend!!!

I can confirm that removing the above lines of code from the skin.xml file works and your skin now loads perfectly onto my zgemma star 2s running QUICK vix 3.2.005 16.09.15 with no boot loop issues.

great work kiddac :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:23 PM ----------

Looks really nice :)

Last edited:
cheers dompsta for sticking with this.

Can anyone on a VIX image that hasn't experimented with a load of skins please screen shot their font folder for me. I will reupload the edited version once I have confirmed what fonts are problematic.

/usr/share/fonts

Cheers, so looking at your screen shot it is just time.tff that is missing on VIX. I have just downloaded this time.tff font file to my computer and the font file is corrupt any way.
I have just looked into openatv and openpli default skin and they both include this time.tff. Very strange if its fooked.
Just going to test my openatv without this file and see if it breaks anything.

Just a quickie,

any way to remove the 'Blue HD 2 : Beta Release for Testing Only' banner from the bottom of the screen?

Thanks

Dom :)

I also need a screenshot of your vix page. I think you access it via blue button. It's called quick launch on openatv.

I quite like the reboot screen from the original "Blue" skin. I've added it back to test and it integrates well IMO.
reboot.jpg

Just a quickie,

any way to remove the 'Blue HD 2 : Beta Release for Testing Only' banner from the bottom of the screen?

Thanks

Yes and no. It is there for a reason. This is an unfinished beta skin that has only been made public for testing purposes. There will be problems as this thread shows. I do not want people jumping the gun and mass installing this on boxes until its finished. A little patience and it will be ready shortly. But I could understand you now not wanting to go back to older sly skins ;)

If you look hard enough you will find your answer in the files. :)

what's the name of that reboot screen file from the original blue HD skin and where is it located?

wouldn't mind transferring that over to Kiddac's new skin too

:)

I quite like the reboot screen from the original "Blue" skin. I've added it back to test and it integrates well IMO.

Yeah the original reboot screen works, so it will be added back in (or something very similar)

---------- Post Merged at 06:09 PM ----------

I wil stick the reboot screen back in the download. Just give be 10 mins, just testing something

Haha yeah ive been having a look through lol

was only enquiring for my own boxes in the lounge and bedroom as it catches my eye

Totally understand your reasons for it being there, and agree completely

what's the name of that reboot screen file from the original blue HD skin and where is it located?

wouldn't mind transferring that over to Kiddac's new skin too

:)

Goes in - /usr/share/enigma2/Blue2-HD/infobar/

and needs referencing in general.xml

Code:
<screen name="QuitMainloopScreen" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black">
        <ePixmap pixmap="infobar/reboot.png" position="0,0" size="1280,720" alphatest="blend" zPosition="-1"/>
        <widget name="text" position="center,520" size="720,100" font="skyreg;22" foregroundColor="skylighterblue2" transparent="1" halign="center" />
    </screen>

Back