Blue HD 2 Beta

Cheers. Got it ftp'd ok but when I try to restart in Gui it gets stuck in bootlopp around 49. Had to delete it to get it back on. I'm using vix so may be the reason.

the correct file to download was updated at 7pm. If you downloaded before then, there is a bug in it that bootloops vix. Just delete my folder from enigma2 to come out of the boot loop and redownload the correct file.
There is no need to replace file in post 47, this is now corrected in the download on the first post.

As for ECM information. It is very little use to the masses. I think some of the other skins fail because they try and put in every available bit of information on every screen. It just looks trashy. This information can be found elsewhere on your box, so I don't think there is the need or desire to put it in. Once I have completely finished this skin, I might do you a personal edit with that information in.

Cheers Kiddac, point me in the right direction and i'll edit myself, if found where in the old skin the info is loaded, just need to know if i can cut and paste the code with some positional editing to get it in the correct area :)

Its very similar to the one where if you are just watching TV and you press the TV button the list of bouquets pop up and you can choose one from the list. So its like that but from the EPG and it normally shows up where the channels and programmes would show

Right, I have just installed blue hd to have a look, this is the screen you are on about. I thought I had skinned all the epgs, so this is a mystery. I don't even know what this screen is called. I will look into it when I get back on it.

tvbutton.jpg

Kiddac is there any way you could get the tabs that run along the epg like on sky's? So when you scroll along to get to different bouquets you can see entertainment docs news etc in that bar just below the time and date?

I seem to be having a problem with the recording icon in the infobar epg.

my wife set up a recording earlier 'some heath ledger crap' and the recording symbol has appeared on the info bar for the program on channel 4 (the catch) that we are watching. this program has not been set to record. ive checked the recordings and it (the catch) hasnt recorded. the recording icon has appeared in the info bar on its own?

weird

Pic3.jpgPic2.jpgPic1.jpg

Cheers Kiddac, point me in the right direction and i'll edit myself, if found where in the old skin the info is loaded, just need to know if i can cut and paste the code with some positional editing to get it in the correct area :)

If you don't know what you are doing this might be a bit of a faff for you.

In my skin the individual components for the secondinfobar are in infobar-templates.xml
These are then pulled together in infobar.xml in the screen name="SecondInfoBar"

In blue hd his individual components are in skin_Blue-HD_Templates.xml
These are then pulled together in skin_Blue-HD.xml in the screen name="SecondInfoBar"

The elements I have left out are.
<panel name="2ndInfobarOrbitalPositionInfo" />
<panel name="2ndInfobarECMInfo" />
<panel name="2ndInfobarTransponderInfo" />

you will have to search both files to find these.

Each element will have a position which is relevant to the top element. ie if I am starting at 70px left, and 400px down, then the inner text might be 10,40. Positioning it at 80px left and 440 down on the screen.
you will also need to change the colours as I use different ones. for foregroundColor use white, skylightblue or skygold. For backgroundColour use skydarkblue

You will also probably have to change the height of my description.
<screen name="SecondInfobarProgramNowDescription">

Have fun.

---------- Post Merged at 09:18 PM ----------

Kiddac is there any way you could get the tabs that run along the epg like on sky's? So when you scroll along to get to different bouquets you can see entertainment docs news etc in that bar just below the time and date?

Quick answer, no this is not possible

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ----------

I seem to be having a problem with the recording icon in the infobar epg.

my wife set up a recording earlier 'some heath ledger crap' and the recording symbol has appeared on the info bar for the program on channel 4 (the catch) that we are watching. this program has not been set to record. ive checked the recordings and it (the catch) hasnt recorded. the recording icon has appeared in the info bar on its own?

weird

I think I know the problem with that. I think this is just meant to be an icon to show that something is being recorded. A bit like the white icons for the services. I have mistakenly placed into over the current channel. It needs moving somewhere else. maybe next to the dolby icon.

Last edited:
Ok it's possible with blue hd as I have them on it at the moment I downloaded some files from elsewhere and ftp'd them to my box to add tabs I can send you the files if you like to see if you can do anything with them for blue 2.

Ok it's possible with blue hd as I have them on it at the moment I downloaded some files from elsewhere and ftp'd them to my box to add tabs I can send you the files if you like to see if you can do anything with them for blue 2.

**edited due to misinterpretation** :)

Thanks for your suggestion, but I will not be adding any extra python components into my skin, it's hard enough as it is just reskinning without messing around with 3rd party code.

Last edited:
Everyone seems to want the perfect sky skin, be grateful for kiddacs hard work whos trying to do it as close as possible and for FREE. Dont like it pay for sky. Cheers for all the hard work

Right, it's wearing me out this. Time to get off this forum, I am getting tired and ratty. See you tomorrow peeps.

what do you want ... blood... i have already spent hours and hours on this. Piss off. It's a dodgy box, not sky.

Er lollllllllllll?!

Great work on the BETA! it's a BETA!

Which means it ain't gonna be perfect, but it's a damn lot better than what most on here can

Great job Kiddac! I'll check it out tomorrow!

Whoa whoa whoa no need for that I was just trying to show that there is a way! What the hell is wrong with what I just said? To be told to piss off is bang out of order I'm aware that this is a dodgy box and not sky so if this is the case then why are you trying to create a skin to look like sky's in the first place! I'm done with this forum there's too many ego's on here and rudeness to people that ain't in the elite group of members, I have no doubt that everyone will jump to your defence because your in that little group and not see it for the rudeness of your reply, I don't want blood Infact I don't need or want anything from you or this group from now on.

this forum is known for everyone being nice. It wasn't a pissoff no1gooner, it was pissoff I cant be arsed. Nothing wrong with your suggestion, but I have already spent 3 weeks solid on this. I am tired. I will be glad to see the back of it. And I certainly don't want to install python components in the skin, because that is forcing things on peoples boxes that they might not want. Keep it nice people. Goodnight.

How do I get it to look like the one in other thread with info for now and next mine grab.jpeg yours Sky1-1392015-1442.jpg

Last edited:
Morning, managed to turn the extended numberzap off, looks much better, the channelzap is a bit quick but I will go in and find the settings for that.

Now you can tell me to pissoff if you like, I won't get offended but woukd it be possible to have the live pause/timeshift bit show how many minutes it's been paused ie +10, Not even sure if that's possible.

Morning, managed to turn the extended numberzap off, looks much better, the channelzap is a bit quick but I will go in and find the settings for that.

Now you can tell me to pissoff if you like, I won't get offended but woukd it be possible to have the live pause/timeshift bit show how many minutes it's been paused ie +10, Not even sure if that's possible.

hi, if you've managed to change /amend anything, is there any chance you could share it with everyone, that way we get to learn to make our own changes - even if its just copy and paste - and it gives SOMEONE ELSE the day off !!! you never know, someone might work out and post how to do the live pause bit you want to change

Back