Freezing problems

It’s coming to something when IPTV. sub is more reliable than cable sub
which is what I have at the min, I only got the IPTV as back up and for 3pms but over the last couple of weeks or so it has become my primary source for TV

I have had SKY Sports action on for the last hour and it froze for 10secs 7 times in an hour unheard of before and annoying to say the least

I’ve had Discovery HD on for 10mins and it’s frozen 10times in that period, unwatchable
I switched to Discovery SD for 10mins and that isn’t much better

I’ve deleted bouquets, and config files and then rescanned, checked all connections, rebooted everything and still the same
Now my questions to you guys who know how this stuff really works are as follows

Could it be the cam type? build being used? or Open atv version in use? that could be causing the issues,? I’m using Grogbuild, Openatv 6.1, using Oscam on a H52tc
Or are the line providers oversubscribed? or are VM up to something?

It's definitely a provider issue, have proven this yesterday. Get onto your provider and ask them to investigate. I have lines from two different providers, one is fine, one is having the freezing issues.

It's definitely a provider issue, have proven this yesterday. Get onto your provider and ask them to investigate. I have lines from two different providers, one is fine, one is having the freezing issues.
Can I ask you what build, box, Openatv version and cam your using mate?

Can I ask you what build, box, Openatv version and cam your using mate?

Sure, I'm using a Zgemma H2H, Whoosbuild openatv 6.1 using mgcamd with VM lines. Have also used OSCAM and that behaves the same, ok with one provider, freezes with the second provider.

For you it’s a provider issue but you can’t speak for everybody. I have tried two different providers (in the same line and separately) both said it’s not their end and both had freezing issues with the same ecm error.

Yeah had same for last 3 days and im convinced its vm doing something on the network in individual areas etc went to sons house last night and his V6 box was terrible on a lot of channels and bad glitching and pixelation etc he rang vm and they said they were doing upgrade maintenance on the network and to expect some kind of disruption etc :confused:

Definitely a Provider issue for me too. Since changing provider yesterday, I haven't had a single issue; prior to that it was awful, with lots of channels totally unwatchable

For you it’s a provider issue but you can’t speak for everybody. I have tried two different providers (in the same line and separately) both said it’s not their end and both had freezing issues with the same ecm error.

Oh I agree that's for sure. But don't forget, you may be with different providers but they may be reselling the same server, or peer of servers. I'm sure that Virgin have changed something, adjusted ECM timings or something well above my pay-grade, that some providers have made allowances for, whilst others haven't. Gather up your log files and send them to your provider showing the issue, if they are any good, they will work with you to identify the issue.

On my setup I have definitely noticed that MGCAMD is more stable than OSCAM. Again, that maybe just my environment. But if I use OSCAM with the line that is not freezing, it starts glitching and freezing with OSCAM, yet works fine with MGCAMD. Who knows why, but it's what I am seeing.

Simple solution, get a new testline, for anyone that has freezin problems, my advice would be to go for tk veterans or vip members as someone stated earlier on the thread, a few weeks ago it seemed like there was more and more providers popping up, but going by the last few days, more servers are closing down.

I'm going to throw something in that I've heard that could be causing the issue, bad cache, Sky had a very similar issue and it would only stop freezing if you had local cards. Using cache caused freezing, this may also explain why providers are shutting down all of a sudden.

I'm going to throw something in that I've heard that could be causing the issue, bad cache, Sky had a very similar issue and it would only stop freezing if you had local cards. Using cache caused freezing, this may also explain why providers are shutting down all of a sudden.
iv'e just noticed when i go on signal finder bars they are both 0% could that be the problem

can anyone help i aint got a clue

you need to perform a scan in autobouquetsmaker in your box and see if the channels come in.
Also you need to check your netid is set correct for you area.
check all cables and connections and see how you get on from there

My mate 2 streets away has freezing issues eg unwatchable,Ive hooked it up to my feed no issues at all,another customer whos on virgin broadband same issues all on same line provider again hooked it up to mine no problems,hes just got a test line working fine so he said,ive tested zgemma and a blade box,as others have said I'm lost as to why,ive other customers in same area again no problems,all my lines are from the same provider,all were working fine a few weeks ago but lately freezing issues

I've had just two freezes all day today, compared to the last week or so it's a major improvement as before today I even had freezing with test lines that had I been told where absolutely freeze free.

Yeah was very strange few days but seems to have improved a lot especially today and dont really know what the cause was :rolleyes:

Back