Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an error when pressing the right arrow on remote to get the epg up, this happened once before last week and after a period of time it stopped happening.
Thought i would upload the error to get some insight

I tried opening the epg by pressing the right arrow on the remote shortly after i stopped and deleted a timer recording when this happened, once the box restarted i could re create this error by opening the epg
what box do you have and when did you flash grogbuild?

hi guys every few week i have to keep re installing grog build as it hangs when i press egg. anyone else get this problem? i get the gathering information then it goes to the blue screen of death and restarts. it then does that till i refresh it? any ideas

Where are you storing your epg data? Make sure it’s not configured to save to flash. Needs to be saved to hdd or usb.

Hi Grog,
Noticed there are a couple of new channel names (Sky Darts, Sky Darts HD, Sky Classics, Sky Classics HD), which don't have picons.
Just wondering where best to get them from to add manually? I've had a look online but can't find these ones.

Hi Grog,
Noticed there are a couple of new channel names (Sky Darts, Sky Darts HD, Sky Classics, Sky Classics HD), which don't have picons.
Just wondering where best to get them from to add manually? I've had a look online but can't find these ones.

Strange; mine have changed to all these automatically

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Grog, I have been running with your build for a couple of weeks now and all is fine so thanks for all your efforts, are you able to provide some guidance for loading a VPN as I currently have IPVanish that I would like to use if at all possible.
Many Thanks

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question but I want to be sure what I'm doing before flashing the box

I have a VM line from a provider that I can no longer contact but it is still working fine. If I backup my settings, will this put the ccam with my line back on the box or do I need to know some other details to be able to put the line back on?

QUOTE="steviekek, post: 829647, member: 132371"]Apologies, never read it right [emoji22] mines the same [emoji23]
[/QUOTE]
No problem.
I assume there is a repository someplace where all these icon sets reside, that's the place I'm looking for.

Apologies in advance if this is a stupid question but I want to be sure what I'm doing before flashing the box

I have a VM line from a provider that I can no longer contact but it is still working fine. If I backup my settings, will this put the ccam with my line back on the box or do I need to know some other details to be able to put the line back on?

Be sure to make a back up of your CCCam.cfg config file, from your current setup, to add to your fresh install.

Flashed with Grogbuild this morning and nearly everything is perfect. The only issue I have is that I don't have picons on any channel and none show when I open the EPG either

When I flashed the box, I removed the USB and put back in to the laptop to format it to use as my HDD in the box (shortage of USB sticks) and did notice that there was a picon folder in there but assumed that these had been downloaded on to the box. Is there another step I'm missing that you have to do to get the picons from this folder on to the box?

Flashed with Grogbuild this morning and nearly everything is perfect. The only issue I have is that I don't have picons on any channel and none show when I open the EPG either

When I flashed the box, I removed the USB and put back in to the laptop to format it to use as my HDD in the box (shortage of USB sticks) and did notice that there was a picon folder in there but assumed that these had been downloaded on to the box. Is there another step I'm missing that you have to do to get the picons from this folder on to the box?

Picons are stored on the USB stick.

You should put it back in the rear port,
then initialise it by:
Menu/Setup/System/Storage Devices
Initialisation/ (Select your drive), then press Red to initialise.
Once initialised the picons take a while to download and be shown, a reboot shortly aftwards may be needed for them to show.

Picons are stored on the USB stick.

You should put it back in the rear port,
then initialise it by:
Menu/Setup/System/Storage Devices
Initialisation/ (Select your drive), then press Red to initialise.
Once initialised the picons take a while to download and be shown, a reboot shortly aftwards may be needed for them to show.
That isn't what the guide says though

It says to remove the usb used for flashing box and then put in the one you plan to use for recordings and initialize that one

The tutorial is written on the basis that the user is using 2 USB sticks.
One to flash the image, and a second for storage.

"Remove the USB stick from the back of the box and insert a blank usb stick/hdd for recordings etc. I recommend nothing less than 64GB".

Personally, I only used the one.

Do you have an initialised USB stick in the box? It so, reboot your box, then the picons should appear.
If not, then put one in and initialise it.

The tutorial is written on the basis that the user is using 2 USB sticks.
One to flash the image, and a second for storage.

"Remove the USB stick from the back of the box and insert a blank usb stick/hdd for recordings etc. I recommend nothing less than 64GB".

Personally, I only used the one.

Do you have an initialised USB stick in the box? It so, reboot your box, then the picons should appear.
If not, then put one in and initialise it.
For some reason the USB I have used isn't staying mounted. I think it's a problem with the USB so will try another one, as I'm sure i've got one knocking about somewhere

Update: Working fine now with a different USB

Last edited:
The h2h image works fine on the h3.2tc, but when you reboot (it says your h2h is rebooting) and also in menu/information/about its labelled as h2h

what box do you have and when did you flash grogbuild?
Sorry for the late reply, i have the h2h and im using the latest build 2017-11-29. This error i was getting was happening when timer recording was either recording or had finished, it only happens if the box has to zap to a different channel to start recording, the only way i can get around this blue screen error is by changing the channel manualy by using the numeric keys on the remote after the recording has finished, for example changing to channel 100 (VM Previews) then and only then pressing the epg button to view the epg. If i dont change the channel manualy after my box has automatically changed channel to do a timer recording and i want to look at the epg while the program is recording i get the blue screen error.

There is something else i wanted to report too, and im wondering if this new issue is somewhat related to the epg issue.

The new issue is when i want to initialise my HDD, after completing yet another software update through Red Button - Software Manager - Software Update, once my H2H rebooted, and i press File List on my remote to look at the HDD, there is nothing there, it says 64kb of free space when it should be 930GB, for some reason after the software update the HDD has un-mounted, if i try to re initialise the HDD it keeps failing after 99% saying something like "initialisation failed mount timed out... sorry". The only way to get the HDD working again is by Red button - Plugins - Mountmanager -Green button (Setup Mounts) - then Reboot. After this the HDD is working like normal but even still the initialise HDD option still doesnt work it always times out with a failure and cant remount message, it always has to be done manualy which wasnt the case before i did the software update.
So is the lesson here avoid software update..lol? Maybe the epg issue is related, maybe the software update is causing this issue, im gunna test in abit, reflashed my H2H with latest grogbuild and this time im not going to do any software update and see if the epg problem still persists if it doesnt then we know were the problem is, but i know for sure the HDD problem is a result of the software update.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, i have the h2h and im using the latest build 2017-11-29. This error i was getting was happening when timer recording was either recording or had finished, it only happens if the box has to zap to a different channel to start recording, the only way i can get around this blue screen error is by changing the channel manualy by using the numeric keys on the remote after the recording has finished, for example changing to channel 100 (VM Previews) then and only then pressing the epg button to view the epg. If i dont change the channel manualy after my box has automatically changed channel to do a timer recording and i want to look at the epg while the program is recording i get the blue screen error.

There is something else i wanted to report too, and im wondering if this new issue is somewhat related to the epg issue.

The new issue is when i want to initialise my HDD, after completing yet another software update through Red Button - Software Manager - Software Update, once my H2H rebooted, and i press File List on my remote to look at the HDD, there is nothing there, it says 64kb of free space when it should be 930GB, for some reason after the software update the HDD has un-mounted, if i try to re initialise the HDD it keeps failing after 99% saying something like "initialisation failed mount timed out... sorry". The only way to get the HDD working again is by Red button - Plugins - Mountmanager -Green button (Setup Mounts) - then Reboot. After this the HDD is working like normal but even still the initialise HDD option still doesnt work it always times out with a failure and cant remount message, it always has to be done manualy which wasnt the case before i did the software update.
So is the lesson here avoid software update..lol? Maybe the epg issue is related, maybe the software update is causing this issue, im gunna test in abit, reflashed my H2H with latest grogbuild and this time im not going to do any software update and see if the epg problem still persists if it doesnt then we know were the problem is, but i know for sure the HDD problem is a result of the software update.
What Hdd have you got and where from? is it a hdd or USB stick?

if the hdd is not completely initialising then I would expect to see things go wrong, try formatting the hdd on computer first and then initialising

Ive just tested, the epg works fine now, i set a timed recording so that the box would zap to a new channel and start recording, after that i pressed the epg button, and it all works! lol. I come to the conclusion that the sofware update causes the blue screen error issue also.

Last edited:
What Hdd have you got and where from? is it a hdd or USB stick?

if the hdd is not completely initialising then I would expect to see things go wrong, try formatting the hdd on computer first and then initialising
The Hdd i have is 1tb seagate expansion drive

Everything working fine now, i reflashed with latest build and didnt do any sofware updates this has solved all the issues, blue screens and initialisation of Hdd all solved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back