Guide How to set up an E2 combo box with vix image

Been running for a few days now and all is pretty good, one little thing others may or may not have come across though, the odd channel on my epg has mixed up data, for instance if I press up on the remote so I have the channel/bouquet list down the left side of the screen it will show the wrong program data on the odd channel, ie Sky News HD said it was showing Doctor Who, its same one the info bar epg, yet if I press epg on the remote so it brings up the full epg screen then its got the correct program data in there.

Anybody come across this? I'm on VM so have VM bouquet via ABM and epg to refresh daily.

Make sure you are using EPG Refresh from the plugins for the EPG for VM and not CROSSEPG. The listings from CROSS EPG do seem to be a little bit mixed up and there are some gaps, I couldnt get it to work properly. Just use EPG Refresh.

Cool, i'll take a look, it only seems a very small amount of channels affected, weird thing is I've always used crossepg for my sat stuff and its always been perfect.

look at it another way epg maybe blank in spaces as channel movement happens?? most e2 boxes that run abm and epg updates early in morning dont suffer this issue.

It wasn't blank in places, it was showing totally wrong program info, ie Dr Who listed as showing on Sky News HD. Just for info I always have my box set to auto update both ABM and EPG in the early hours.

I've installed EPGrefresh and set it up, done a 2 min scan on the pvrepg channel and its gotten a lot of info, its got correct info for those channels that were wrong before on crossepg. but on some channels its missing a whole days worth of info (Wednesdays info, today is Sunday), that's only on some though, maybe it will complete it during the auto updates in the early hours of the morning, I have lengthened the time on the pvrepg channel to 240 secs just to be safe.

One last question, in the setup for epgrefresh, should I have wake from standby for epg refresh enabled? and also shutdown after epg refresh enabled too? Am I correct in thinking this will turn the box on, switch to the pvrepg channel, do its thing then go back into standby?

Would that be the correct method or would it just be doing that automatically like crossepg would?

thanks for all the help folks, its much appreciated, loving this zgemma at the moment.

Once you have ftp both files to usr/keys do both Mgcamb 135a & 138 need to be active?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,
Regarding Vix 4 E2 Project - I tried this out today ( upgraded from Spark ) on my Amiko Alien 2.
The 2 Sat Tuners were fine but I could not pull in anything on the Tuner A Terrestrial ? ?
Any ideas ?
Have I some configuration incorrect ?
Works fine in Spark - I get all the Saorview channels but not on the above ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

urgent need of net id vm pls..also i see all fta channels so does that mean the feed is live lol hope thats not a daft question

This is a bit of a lengthy process so I will try and
make it easy to follow.

Power up the box, it will put you in the start up wizard.

View attachment 12425

Select HDMI, 1080p, and 50Hz (use the settings suited to your TV)

Select the language as English

View attachment 12426

Set the visibility to about 200, then use the options to size the menu to the TV screen

Set the menu inside the four corner markings.

View attachment 12427

Using the wizard check the internet connection, it should say it's working and display
your IP address (make a note of your IP you will need it later)

Now configure the tuners, Tuner A on this box is sat.

Set the satellite to Astra 28.2

View attachment 12428

Tuner B is cable

Type in your net id, put yes against all the QAM settings, Scan additional SR, at the bottom of the list type in your symbol rate

View attachment 12429View attachment 12430

Choose to scan later

View attachment 12431

Keep clicking OK and let it set up your network interface.

You should insert a pen drive to store your EPG on, if the internal flash memory gets full
it can brick the box.

Menu - Setup - System - EPG - Settings

Change the EPG Location from internal flash to media/hdd

(If it won't switch to media/hdd straight away, put the pen in and reboot the box, some are picked up others need the reboot to be seen )

Set Enable VM EPG to yes

View attachment 12432

In the EPG menu

Go into Multi EPG settings and press OK

Go into Cross EPG - Configure and change the scheduled download to once a day

View attachment 12434

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Auto Bouquet Maker - Configure

Change Scheduled Scan to yes

View attachment 12436

In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers

Select Sky UK as yes then select your area, Select Virgin UK as yes and select your area (your net id's should match)

View attachment 12437

In the Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers Order

The one you set at the top will be the first set of groups when looking in FAVS, the second with be further down the list

View attachment 12438

Scan for channels

View attachment 12439

You should now have a nice neat channel list for cable and sat channels

View attachment 12440View attachment 12441

Menu - Pugins - Download Pugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams

View attachment 12442

Download CCcam and MG Cam.

Download the attached files at the bottom of this guide, unzip, double click on the newcamd.list file

Change the front of your N Line or lines so it reads CWS =

Paste your line over the example lines in the file so it looks similar. Save.

View attachment 12443

Open Filezilla Client

Across the top, in Host type in your IP address, in username type in root, leave password blank and in port type in 21

Then press quick connect.

View attachment 12444

The left hand boxes are your computer, the right hand boxes are your box.

On the left browse to the files you have downloaded.

On your right browse to usr/keys

Click on one of the files on the left, right click your mouse and select upload.

Do the same with the other file, the two bottom windows should look the same.

Menu - Setup - Softcam / CI - Softcam Manager

View attachment 12445

Green Button - Start

Blue Button - Enable Start Up

Most cable servers supply N lines so I haven't included using CCcam

Bees, since the newer images lots of zgemma , Vu+, technomate boxes on Vix images have issue with the attached mg_cfg file, due to line L: in the mg_cfg file ddos'ing their router and network causing problems with ftp, mgcamd and also spinning vix logo when running updates and epgs

the way that line L: in the mg_cfg file is setup its trying to send log files to a box that doesn't exist the users network

might be worth mentioning or providing the other file which i can post up if needed

Great guide though for people starting off

Last edited:
That is not true what you are using is old files which some servers are still using the only difference is contained in th MG file if you use both together there is not a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for ht guide. I have followed it and got to the auto bouquets maker, but when i run a scann i dont see the channel list as shown in your screenshot. i only get a message at hte bottom saying searching, found 377 channels and hten done. wheni i go back to the menu i cant see anywhere the the channels are listed.

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 PM ----------

i also do see "providers order" i only see "providers" couldit be my version of Vix image, i am running 3.2.05

After a first time scan sometimes you will need to press one of the
coloured buttons on the remote, I think any will do then get a list up of all the channels (not sorted)

Pick a channel and once it is displayed.

Then use the favourites and EPG button after that.

thanks, i now have a test line. i am following the FTP guide below but when i go to usr/keys there is no files in the folder. I have tried to create newcamd.list and mg_cfg files and then reboot the box, but when i go to softcam manager there is nothing there, i cannot see Mg 138 it just says Active: and Select: but nothing is there to select. Thanks

please help. i have been following guides on this forum. i have entered the mg_cfg and newcamd.list to the usr/keys folder. when i go to the softcam manager on the box nothing appears, i cannot select mgcamd138. if i put mg_cfg and newcamd.list in the softcam folder when i ftp to it then it appears in the softcam manager on the box, (but i think this is wrong), anyway when i select the mgcamd138 i get error "found none standard softcam" message. Im not sure what im doing wrong

Back