H2H Glitching Questions

No splitter. Direct connection to VM box on the wall. Will try disconnecting the cable and placing back again. Will try another spare box also to rule out if tuner related.

yeah good idea, I use the H2 combo, Hd channels are tip top now that Ive addressed my splitter issue, but for the life of me I cant get sd movies to clear at all and its defo signal issue with the box. Not sure if the h2h is screw in or use the adaptor but even messing around with that at the back worked wonders with my box and now flawless

No splitter. Direct connection to VM box on the wall. Will try disconnecting the cable and placing back again. Will try another spare box also to rule out if tuner related.

yeah good idea, I use the H2 combo, Hd channels are tip top now that Ive addressed my splitter issue, but for the life of me I cant get sd movies to clear at all and its defo signal issue with the box. Not sure if the h2h is screw in or use the adaptor but even messing around with that at the back worked wonders with my box and now flawless

Sorted. Changed the cable and now working OK! H2H uses the adaptor.

Surprised your having issues with SD channels. I've only seen ppl comment on HD channels.

Sorted. Changed the cable and now working OK! H2H uses the adaptor.

Surprised your having issues with SD channels. I've only seen ppl comment on HD channels.

I'm led to believe the tuner in h2h is of better quality, tried openbox, amiko and both grab every channel. No big deal, but defo the tuner on the h2 combo is not the best

Guys having the same issues but with only a select few HD channels - using a H2H box and all has been working fine since I got the box which has been a good few months now! The glitching started a few days ago and want to get to the bottom of this. Noticed some you have been able to check your signal, how do I check this? Any help would be appreciated as it's very annoying not being able to enjoy TV in HD.

Guys having the same issues but with only a select few HD channels - using a H2H box and all has been working fine since I got the box which has been a good few months now! The glitching started a few days ago and want to get to the bottom of this. Noticed some you have been able to check your signal, how do I check this? Any help would be appreciated as it's very annoying not being able to enjoy TV in HD.

That's a bit different, Ive never had any sd channels so I know its signal with the h2 combo. The fact you've had all the HD channels working fine and now you have issues would make me lean towards trying a test line first to eliminate line issue, just before you go messing with splitters etc

That's a bit different, Ive never had any sd channels so I know its signal with the h2 combo. The fact you've had all the HD channels working fine and now you have issues would make me lean towards trying a test line first to eliminate line issue, just before you go messing with splitters etc[/QUOTE]

I've spoken to my line supplier who has assured me that it isn't anything to do with the line as his servers are up and running fine. Think I'm still going to try out another line just to make sure.

I had the exact same issue (Sky Sports 2 and 3 HD were some of the channels with the issue - 0% SNR) and funny enough it sorted it self out. The only thing i could remember at the time of the issue was heavy rain. Whether that had any impact i have no idea! I have no splitters and connection is direct.

So i have tried the new cable, its the same! one thing i have noticed now is that the channels that were fine, stutter slightly under heavy internet use such as speedtest.net, the channels that stutter all the time become unwatchable when speedtest.net is running, they also are quite bad when just opening a new browser window. Although the channels that were not stuttering are perfect during normal internet use?

it could be virgin medias fault m8 with there broadband speed.... minimum speed required for zgemma would be 2mb but dont quote me on that im sure others will say different.
i have problems in my area with speed issues and most days when no internet cant watch cable tv at all, so best bet is check your broadband speed.
has for your cables make sure all connections are screwed on very tight too

Latest screenshot of Power Level (Signal Strength) with Amplifier on - just set it to max as that's where it was and it's all working fine.

Absolutely no more glitching at all. Anyone else having glitching issues, I think the first step is to check the signal strength coming through the VM line.
The H2H has a weak tuner, couple that with a weak signal coming in = trouble!!!

I think the thorough testing and changing by all involved has taught us a lot.

If I had read more on here before buying the box maybe I could have avoided all the hassle, although at the time I bought the box not much was being discussed about glitching.

If your signal strength is good and you get glitching it could be the splitter, the quality of the cables, the RF (F) Connector - but if your signal strength is low (less than -6 or even -5 maybe) then you need to choose a different box or get an Amplifier.
My signal boosted from a range between -11 and -9 to a range between +12 and +9 - and the glitching has gone.

Again, this is the amplifier I bought :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...7_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D3PK0KFZ3E14MD3EA3HS

If you don't have VM Broadband or just want to boost the signal coming into the TV, I think this one will also do the job (slightly cheaper) :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...7_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=1HXYN9BZ0MDF0N2F57P3

I know jmelbourne has changed his box now, but if others still having problems, then consider the amp if your still having glitching issues and your signal strength is low.

I'm not sure how you would check the signal strength if you don't have a VM Broadband Hub - maybe the VM set top box has a similar feature built in to check signal strength?

Can I ask, how do you check your signal?

---------- Post Merged at 02:35 PM ----------

Here's a pic of my signal strength;

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 14.31.21.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 14.35.01.png

I think your signal is low, look at your setup to see if there's anything that is causing the issue or try a booster

I think your signal is low, look at your setup to see if there's anything that is causing the issue or try a booster

What should I look for in my setup that could be causing it? Bear in mind, all channels were working fine up until recently.

It could be the weather or virgin doing some work - I am using a booster and all is good but recently had bad glitching out of the blue - couldn't figure it out - switching the booster to more/less power did nothing - then the following day it was all fine again.
Would also check for anything that may be causing interference - have you added any new electrical items near the box recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be the weather or virgin doing some work - I am using a booster and all is good but recently had bad glitching out of the blue - couldn't figure it out - switching the booster to more/less power did nothing - then the following day it was all fine again.
Would also check for anything that may be causing interference - have you added any new electrical items near the box recently?

I did think that but this has been going on for a good few days now. And no not added any new electrical items near the box.

The booster - which one did you go for and how is it attached? I'm currently using a splitter from the white box on the wall.

Get the Konig amp - link to it in previous posts on this thread - basically replaces your splitter and requires a power supply - has sorted my problems and others have reported the same. In any event that it doesn't work for you then you can return for a refund. Well worth the investment.

Get the Konig amp - link to it in previous posts on this thread - basically replaces your splitter and requires a power supply - has sorted my problems and others have reported the same. In any event that it doesn't work for you then you can return for a refund. Well worth the investment.

Cool, will look into this and report back once I've tried it out.

Hi guys - only just got around to trying to sort out my glitching issue. So managed to pick some of the latest plug-in cables that Virgin Media are using in addition to one of their splitters. All connected, the glitching has improved but not completely gone. Would it be worth carrying out any rests etc? If so, what and how would I do that? Think I can live with this for the time being before purchasing a booster.

Have you tried an all locals server? It sorted one guy out a few days ago who was on a must be my single goose chase

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this will help,
A few days ago a few channels started to glitch, so I contacted my line provider, but we could not fix the glitching. However he told me to set the DNS on the zgemma box to point to google. At 1st nothing changed, but after a while the glitching stopped. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but so far so good.

Not sure if this will help,
A few days ago a few channels started to glitch, so I contacted my line provider, but we could not fix the glitching. However he told me to set the DNS on the zgemma box to point to google. At 1st nothing changed, but after a while the glitching stopped. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but so far so good.

Not sure what you mean by set DNS on the zgemma box to point to google??

Back