H2H Glitching Questions

If all that fails, try a new length of cable unless you are already using cable supplied by VM. If you are, I would suggest you buy the Konig Amp from Amazon - it works amazing tricks - and if it don't work for you then you have the option of returning it for a refund but I am pretty sure it will work. Well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And install and run cache flush, delete unused plugins. May not be that but no harm

Sadly didnt work. Ive ordered a splitter so going to wait for that to deliver and try if that helps. Dont really want to spend another £40 for the booster so might just return the box for something else

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 PM ----------

Will changing from mgcamd to ccam make a difference?

Ordered a new 1000mhz Tratec one?
I tried finding those online but couldnt find where to buy them so ended up getting impatient and getting cheap one from ebay (F-Type Screw Connector Splitter For Virgin Cable Sky Satellite 2 way | eBay)
Will try changing from mgcamd to ccam and report back

---------- Post Merged at 10:34 PM ----------

How can I change from mgcamd to ccam?

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

Some folk just seem to get a wrong un and it's a weak tuner!
I know its not a weak tuner because I've tried a friends box (same model) and still got the glitching while his box works perfectly at his house

I tried finding those online but couldnt find where to buy them so ended up getting impatient and getting cheap one from ebay (F-Type Screw Connector Splitter For Virgin Cable Sky Satellite 2 way | eBay)
Will try changing from mgcamd to ccam and report back

---------- Post Merged at 10:34 PM ----------

How can I change from mgcamd to ccam?

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

Some folk just seem to get a wrong un and it's a weak tuner!
I know its not a weak tuner because I've tried a friends box (same model) and still got the glitching while his box works perfectly at his house

Yes - and your box will most probably work fine in his house too. Get your friend to check his signal strength you will probably find it is stronger than your signal hence why his setup works and yours doesn't. That splitter is a 2400mhz one and it will probably make it worse - it did for me anyway.

I think you are in the same situation I was in and the only solution is to get the amp or change the box but don't buy another zgemma!!! Edison boxes known to work well with weak signals.

Good Luck

the amplifier way is the right route still using the old yellow brick design one of these had it at least 8 years ,excellent as you can mix frequencys through them ie cable and terrestrial get perfect results

Last edited:
I have ordered an amplifier which I will receive in a couple days so will test that out. Something weird I found is that my friend has weaker signals than at my house. Yet both my box and his box show no glitching at his house but both show glitching at my house. The attached photo shows his signal strength values.
1.jpg

I have ordered an amplifier which I will receive in a couple days so will test that out. Something weird I found is that my friend has weaker signals than at my house. Yet both my box and his box show no glitching at his house but both show glitching at my house. The attached photo shows his signal strength values.
View attachment 19794

Well now that you have ordered the amp, I'm sure it will fix the glitching and then you can watch TV in peace without fear of the dreaded glitch!!

Hope it works for you. I had the same problem and it was down the type of splitter I was using. Got the one Virgin gave me and all working fine now except BT sports 1. Which I can watch in SD instead. But it's a real pain. Going to sky for my broadband soon so hoping a direct feed might even get me BT 1 HD back lol. Good luck

View attachment 19794

Did you get the amp and has it fixed the issues? Would be helpful to others if you could update us.

Just got the amp today and based one hours worth of watching, the glitching has completely dissappeared however I feel like there has been a decrease in the picture quality. But in terms of the glitching, completely gone as of now

Try reducing the power being amplified as too much signal can cause adverse effects - so I've been told. Try putting it down so the levels are between 10db and 15db or the lowest you can go to without getting glitching.

Back