H2H Glitching Questions

Do you think it is just the weak tuner for the H2H thats causing the issue? Ive just bought the box so might be able to return it. What box is recommended (similar price category with dual tuner and similar features). Not sure if buying the old H1 would be worth it. I had a feeling that it wouldnt be the setup since my virgin tivo box worked fine without any issues.

Try this :-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Profession...821045&sr=8-3&keywords=konig+signal+amplifier

I remember this is the item that sorted out ALL glitching problems for one chap on here. Couldn't find the thread but remembered the item.
I was thinking about it but only get some glitching on Sky Movies Premiere HD and Sky Sports 1 HD - all other channels are fine.
If you do try it and it doesn't work you can always return it. But let us know if it does work for you too.

havnt any of you guys looked into using the above booster? It was me that had glitching issues and this was my last resort because of cost. But as stated, it solved all my issues and gave me a speed boost for Internet.

I would like to point out weak signal may not be the problem this is another thing people always think of it could be it is too high or a fault on the line.

Are most of you who are having the issues running vm internet?

I would like to point out weak signal may not be the problem this is another thing people always think of it could be it is too high or a fault on the line.

Are most of you who are having the issues running vm internet?

Personally, I've tried two lines which both worked perfectly on a friend's setup with same box but I still have issues. And yh I have VM internet

I have also tried 4 known working lines and have VM internet, mine is not too high a signal as i have a virgin in-line -6b signal reducer and i tried this out of interest which made things far worse.

I have also tried several images and many lines. Neither stopped the glitching.
I also have VM Internet - is there a way to check the signal strength? I am seriously thinking about the signal booster but it is the cost that is putting me off but I have tried everything else.

I have also tried several images and many lines. Neither stopped the glitching.
I also have VM Internet - is there a way to check the signal strength? I am seriously thinking about the signal booster but it is the cost that is putting me off but I have tried everything else.

The way I determined my signal was too weak was by trial and error. Obviously you can't not use a splitter as your tv wont work without the internet. Mine was trial and error. Downloading completely stopped my tv, where as checking Facebook (the Mrs being nosey) caused heavy glitching. Just browsing the web caused light glitching. Not using the Internet other than the tv trickling data glitched every 30 secs or so.

The way I determined my signal was too weak was by trial and error. Obviously you can't not use a splitter as your tv wont work without the internet. Mine was trial and error. Downloading completely stopped my tv, where as checking Facebook (the Mrs being nosey) caused heavy glitching. Just browsing the web caused light glitching. Not using the Internet other than the tv trickling data glitched every 30 secs or so.[/QUOTE]

This mirrors my problem exactly!

I've spent 12 months working with cable and getting the best set up, it's not easy when you haven't got the tools VM have!
Yes it's lots of of trial and error to get your system working great.
I've had 6 different receivers
Used various different servers with all combinations C lines, N lines, oscam. I've used different splitters, powered amps new cable, new connections.
I now have a great working system which comprises of the following.
VM isolaters at the end of each cable before going to receiver.
VM hub in modem mode
Dlink DIR 880L wireless router
Any receiver connected by Ethernet to router (all mine actually go to a network switch then the router)
Running mgcamd on two single receivers and oscam on my main receiver as it twin tuner plus satellite. 2 PCs and a laptop hammering (and I mean hammering by my kids) the internet and all receivers switched on - no issues.
So don't give up as you will get there in the end.....

Last edited:
So you're not using a signal booster/amplifier anymore - did the amplifier make any difference?

Plus, don't forget to mention the isolaters on the ends of each cable!

Have you had VM (or a friend) increase the signal coming from the feed?

Again, just contemplating if I should fork out on an amplifier or not?

I've spent 12 months working with cable and getting the best set up, it's not easy when you haven't got the tools VM have!
Yes it's lots of of trial and error to get your system working great.
I've had 6 different receivers
Used various different servers with all combinations C lines, N lines, oscam. I've used different splitters, powered amps new cable, new connections.
I now have a great working system which comprises of the following.
VM hub in modem mode
Dlink DIR 880L wireless router
Any receiver connected by Ethernet to router (all mine actually go to a network switch then the router)
Running mgcamd on two single receivers and oscam on my main receiver as it twin tuner plus satellite. 2 PCs and a laptop hammering (and I mean hammering by my kids) the internet and all receivers switched on - no issues.
So don't give up as you will get there in the end.....

Post edited ;-)
The reason I tried the powered amp was I was having issues with glitching when watching 1 channel and recording another channel (turns out it was a faulty driver for the tuner setup)
So I can't really comment of the performance of this unit as I sold it straight away to another guy on here (I haven't heard back from him so it must of cured his problems up)
I have read that the Konig booster did solve a glitching issue with another guy on here.
No one's touched my setup since VM installed it, originally it was two receivers and the hub. I've since moved the hub into another room as it was next to my TV (eyesore) and added two extra feeds so I have a total of 5 feeds feeding 3 receivers, 1 to the hub and a spare feed for testing/faffing with receivers.

I would buy the Konig booster from a reputable source then if it doesn't solve your issues send it back.

Post edited ;-)
The reason I tried the powered amp was I was having issues with glitching when watching 1 channel and recording another channel (turns out it was a faulty driver for the tuner setup)
So I can't really comment of the performance of this unit as I sold it straight away to another guy on here (I haven't heard back from him so it must of cured his problems up)
I have read that the Konig booster did solve a glitching issue with another guy on here.
No one's touched my setup since VM installed it, originally it was two receivers and the hub. I've since moved the hub into another room as it was next to my TV (eyesore) and added two extra feeds so I have a total of 5 feeds feeding 3 receivers, 1 to the hub and a spare feed for testing/faffing with receivers.

I would buy the Konig booster from a reputable source then if it doesn't solve your issues send it back.

I was thinking of doing that! BTW - the isolaters on the end of each cable are to protect equipment from Power Surges coming from Lightning strikes or the street boxes being overloaded - so i read on a VM forum.
So, more of a safety measure than a performance measure.

Also, can I ask if you have a TV service with VM?

Interesting, I always wondered what the isolaters did lol.
No TV service here, just broadband. I did have the TV service but cancelled it as the TiVo box was a nightmare. I shortly afterwards discovered this little journey we all now embark on ;-)

Little journey for some! Wishing my SKYBOX F3 didn't die on me now!!
Just to let ppl know - I have ordered the Konig Amp - due to arrive 14/09
Will update if this solves the issues or not for me. Hoping it does.................

No TV service here, just broadband. I did have the TV service but cancelled it as the TiVo box was a nightmare. I shortly afterwards discovered this little journey we all now embark on ;-)

ive just bought a h2h and keeps freezing every few mins, is this is signal problem?
We need more information to help you.
Like explain your current setup in great detail?
Did you buy your box plug and play from fleabay, if you did have you asked the seller to help you?
Plenty of help here but we always need as much info as possible.
Have you used the search function?

Little journey for some! Wishing my SKYBOX F3 didn't die on me now!!
Just to let ppl know - I have ordered the Konig Amp - due to arrive 14/09
Will update if this solves the issues or not for me. Hoping it does.................

Ok,ok a massive journey including myself lol, yes please update this thread it's the only way we can all learn from people's findings. Good luck ;-)

Isolator is only needed on the point the cable enters the house (if you split outside each cable run that comes in needs one other wise one is fine if splitting inside)

You can get line stats from the superhub also it might be worth using the vm forums the staff in there can check your line for faults.

Back