IPTV vs Motorised

IPTV seems more popular and less headache lol.

Much more popular because it's an easier option although it's certainly not less headache if you want to watch things uninterrupted - especially football. The amount of threads / posts i've seen on here regarding how poor / unreliable IPTV is is unbelievable.

Much more popular because it's an easier option although it's certainly not less headache if you want to watch things uninterrupted - especially football. The amount of threads / posts i've seen on here regarding how poor / unreliable IPTV is is unbelievable.

thats it though,
everyone wants it for 'free' without any effort,
then complain when they cant get it after paying out less than 1 months sub for a whole year,

I faffed about with iptv for a while but then it dawned on me "there must be a more reliable solution" so that's when I started looking into motorised and it wasn't straight forward for me as I didn't have a clue really about satellites before this but many hours of research and tweaking etc. and got what I want now so I'm happy :)

If you can get that much on a fixed multi lnb setup must be insane what you can get on motorised.

No doubt you get more on motorised than IPTV but the cost of installation is too offputting especially if you cant do it yourself.

At the same time i cant see myself watching 10,000+ channels lol

I don't watch 10k+ channels - I infact only really use my motorised for the football. It's shame that nobody caters for just the football fans with IPTV - if there was a football dedicated IPTV provider that offered guaranteed streams then I would have been all over that as i'm sure a lot of other people would too.

its not about how many channels, its about getting what you want to watch.
over maybe 5 years IPTV will cost a helluva lot more than multi-sat or even motorised,
in the case of motorised I'd hazard a guess for a half decent [ie: crap ] IPTV will cost at leastb 5 times if not 10x what ma basic motorised set-up would cost
multisat for the first year including set-up costs could be sub £150 depending on what you want, inc sub,

a rough price
brand new 80cm dish [btw I only have a 65cm in NW England]
3 x LNBs
multi LNB bracket
diseqc switch
plus sundry cable etc,
would come under £100 easily

Or there's a motorised setup for £60 on eBay. Think I'll be having that on pay day... few weeks for me to explain what I've done to the boss... :grin:

80cm one that often gets linked to on here.?
a few guys have that one, gets good reviews for the money.

Yes that’s the one. Definitely sounds value for money, even if I just end up getting a few extra film channels that I like and an extra football game on a Saturday from it.

Also heard from a friend there’s a lot of naughties on Hotbird but I wouldn’t be interested in any of that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that’s the one. Definitely sounds value for money, even if I just end up getting a few extra film channels that I like and an extra football game on a Saturday from it.

Also heard from a friend there’s a lot of naughties on Hotbird but I wouldn’t be interested in any of that...

do you only have one box,?
and dont record. at the same time as watching something else.?

One downstairs, one upstairs, but downstairs uses the minidish and uses it when both cable timers are in use (which is 95% of the time...). Going to connect it to the upstairs one and have a play to see what I can get.

Were you going to suggest multi lnb brackets by any chance? I had thought about it but didn’t want to be stuck with just certain sats once I’d got it sorted.

One downstairs, one upstairs, but downstairs uses the minidish and uses it when both cable timers are in use (which is 95% of the time...). Going to connect it to the upstairs one and have a play to see what I can get.

Were you going to suggest multi lnb brackets by any chance? I had thought about it but didn’t want to be stuck with just certain sats once I’d got it sorted.

I was going that route,
I currently have a 65cm with 13 19 28 on it, but recently acquired a 1m dish I need a motor for so I can play with that also, :)
my issue at home is having 28 available at all times for freesat, and my edision in living room,
luckily, for some reason unbeknown to me now, when I put co-ax to the shed I ran a shotgun, :grin:
tbh,
probably 60% of the time I currently watch 19e , and 13e and 28e are probably fairly evenly split for the rest.

I don't watch 10k+ channels - I infact only really use my motorised for the football. It's shame that nobody caters for just the football fans with IPTV - if there was a football dedicated IPTV provider that offered guaranteed streams then I would have been all over that as i'm sure a lot of other people would too.

There is one provider who is considered the best for IPTV and his football coverage is amazing from reviews and think covers all 3pm kick offs.

For obvious reasons cant post it.

Yeah they’re the ones I’m expecting I’ll be most interested in watching, I’ve got cable for my UK stuff as it is with the minidish for freesat. I just want to see what’s out there really, bit of an expensive toy but like I said if it gets me a few more channels I like the look of I’ll be happy.

There is one provider who is considered the best for IPTV and his football coverage is amazing from reviews and think covers all 3pm kick offs.

For obvious reasons cant post it.
they all say they are the best,
until you get cut off
or it breaks up,
or your isp shuts the source down
or they oversell

they all say they are the best,
until you get cut off
or it breaks up,
or your isp shuts the source down
or they oversell

Thats true mate.

Not sure what to do lol.

Be a long time before will even think of getting a motorised setup if I do. Might be cheaper than IPTV in long run and more reliable but comes down to money still.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah they’re the ones I’m expecting I’ll be most interested in watching, I’ve got cable for my UK stuff as it is with the minidish for freesat. I just want to see what’s out there really, bit of an expensive toy but like I said if it gets me a few more channels I like the look of I’ll be happy.

on 19e alone for that price you wont be disappointed,
loads of sport, and movies,
eurosport 1&2 HD with English com, and most films with english audio too
13e not so much english, but plenty of sport
today on 19e alone I have been able to watch both world superbikes and british superbikes that were on both British eurosport,
in fact, I watched world superbikes live, and that wasnt available on British eurosport live I dont think, and all in English commentary and HD
lots of football including 3pms [team dependent] on M. f-bol on 19 as well
24/7 F1 or motoGP both in HD on their respective channels

Sounds like I’ll be well sorted then. And even if I can’t find anything besides the sports at least there’ll be some different adverts. [emoji23][emoji23]

Thats true mate.

Not sure what to do lol.

Be a long time before will even think of getting a motorised setup if I do. Might be cheaper than IPTV in long run and more reliable but comes down to money still.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

well,
Ive said before,
a decent IPTV sub will cost you more than that dish set-up @Janso is considering
and you have to hope your isp doesnt block it

Back