IS the starview server down again in Belfast

Cheers Tom.... but you see where I'm coming from. Read back through the thread and a few others. Enough B/S to fill a silage machine. At times like this we need solid info not bull or rumour. Too many half wits around posting rubbish for one reason or another. Like most people I'm just waiting for the damned thing to come back on.

it has been posted on other websites of the arrest of suspects due to piracy of cable,and the shutting down of server all in one location.what i cannot understand why have all the eggs in one basket? all operating from one place and if this is the case any box using the starview server will not work,euroview,starview,ddigital.only time will tell if its now finally gone but do remember you bought this box as a fta product and no warranty of how long it would last.
kv is still running but for how long for.

Capital Fm

it has been posted on other websites of the arrest of suspects due to piracy of cable,and the shutting down of server all in one location.what i cannot understand why have all the eggs in one basket? all operating from one place and if this is the case any box using the starview server will not work,euroview,starview,ddigital.only time will tell if its now finally gone but do remember you bought this box as a fta product and no warranty of how long it would last.
kv is still running but for how long for.

Can't see them having anything to do with it

when theres news or info it will be posted straight away

its a waiting game at the min, keep checking back ;)

server card readers have burnt out waiting on replacements from china, just sit tight and hope they get it up soon.

anyone know of a fix or is it down forever?? if so is their anything else atm?? other than paying. what about this greek box that pub woman has got? been on the news.

Unless coming from a moderator or someone who's a regular on this forum I would take this rest with a pinch off salt,, the above statement saying back on @ 7pm will be taken light hearted, but I hope in wrong

At this stage I'd just assume its never coming back. I also find it pretty weird that 1.04 doesn't have the net application option. I can't see how it connects to web without it

dont think its come in bk on i have this Its A Waiting Game ,Chinese New Year.Could be a few days....

if ever!!! all sv,s are down and so is the ddigital duo although the arnets are still ok. regards shabba

read it and weep people, ( starview 7 RIP) Three men have been arrested as part of an investigation by Derbyshire police into television fraud.
executed a warrant at a house in Fernwood Close, Littleover, Derby on Tuesday February 2nd 2011.

The warrant was part of an investigation into a conspiracy to defraud Virgin Media by enabling access to TV content without payment.

Detective Sergeant Graham Prince, of Pear Tree CID, said: “We have been working closely with Virgin Media as part of an investigation into TV fraud. It is alleged that this is a key part of an operation to defraud Virgin Media.”

Malcolm Davies, Virgin Media’s head of fraud and security said: “We take this matter extremely seriously and will continue to work closely with all the police forces throughout the UK to prosecute individuals connected with this type of TV fraud.

“We urge anyone with information about people supplying or using illicit equipment to receive Virgin Media TV channels to continue to call our confidential hotline on 0800 096 7800.”

A 47-year-old man, a 33-year-old man and a 60-year-old man were arrested. Following interview they were all charged with conspiracy to defraud.

They appeared in court this morning, the two older men were bailed, the younger remanded into police custody.

That story was posted yesterday here on TK and also today,

nobody knows for sure if thats the reason the servers are down or whether it is to do with cards burning out and waiting on replacements

only time will tell

starview was always going to go bust at some point, they have really not been reliable, ive told my brother this as well, but he went and bought the box, lets hope it goes back live the servers so i dont have to hear my brother whinge for england!

let him whinge,people dont listen when told to research first before you buy,is he interested in a betamax vcr??:dunno:or a system 2000 vcr even?ROFL

Back