Jailed for IPTV

Won't they bang him with a proceeds of crime bill? I don't think they can make you pay up, but if you refuse, you'll do your full stretch behind bars.

Won't they bang him with a proceeds of crime bill? I don't think they can make you pay up, but if you refuse, you'll do your full stretch behind bars.
If he's got a decent stash he'll do the time.
If he's faced with a choice of paying 25K or doing an extra six months of someone else cooking his meals while he lies around reading books he'll keep the cash.

If he's got a decent stash he'll do the time.
If he's faced with a choice of paying 25K or doing an extra six months of someone else cooking his meals while he lies around reading books he'll keep the cash.

Do wonder at times whether prisons here are like rest houses more than a place of punishment with what's available to prisoners :unsure:

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the proceeds of crime can still hang over you after release? I don't think they can keep making you do more jail till you cough up lol but if you inherited a house say, they'd want what you owed.

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the proceeds of crime can still hang over you after release? I don't think they can keep making you do more jail till you cough up lol but if you inherited a house say, they'd want what you owed.
If you can legitimately prove its not the proceeds of crime they can't touch it,
unfortunately
so inheriting a house would be easy to prove as legitimate , they couldn't touch it unless it was a simple seizure of assets, which is harder to obtain.

Proceeds of crime and confiscation orders are very serious. You basically can not get out of them. He will end up paying more than he turned over selling IPTV. If you can't pay they just keep sending you back to jail.

E.g
Say you bought a car. £10,000
A Rolex. £5000
Put a deposit on a house 12000
Had cash. Lying around. 5000

And they can prove you turned over £90,000.

You would get done for £122000. You don't get long to pay it back either.

Last edited:
If you can legitimately prove its not the proceeds of crime they can't touch it,
unfortunately
so inheriting a house would be easy to prove as legitimate , they couldn't touch it unless it was a simple seizure of assets, which is harder to obtain.
But surely if they agreed that you had to pay say £50k, and you said you didn't have it, then they knew you were inheriting a half share value of a £150k house, you couldn't say you don't have the money?

unfortunately
All they have to is proove you turned over say £ 100,000 they will make you sell the house to pay back the proceeds of crime. No good putting into your Mrs name either once you have been arrested.

Proceeds of crime and confiscation orders are very serious. You basically can not get out of them. He will end up paying more than he turned over selling IPTV. If you can't pay they just keep sending you back to jail.

E.g
Say you bought a car. £10,000
A Rolex. £5000
Put a deposit on a house 120000
Had cash. Lying around. 5000

And they can prove you turned over £90,000.

You would get done for £122000. You don't get long to pay it back either.
I don't think they can keep sending you back.
A while back, a few acquaintance's of mine got done for insurance fraud. They got 4 year's and a proceeds of crime order. One paid it and got tagged 15 months. The other said he only had x amount. The judge said " not acceptable " and he done the whole 4.
I don't think he's been back in for non payment.

But surely if they agreed that you had to pay say £50k, and you said you didn't have it, then they knew you were inheriting a half share value of a £150k house, you couldn't say you don't have the money?
They will always work a payment plan out to pay back any proceeds of crime I know a lad that got done for coke money laundering he bought a plot of land built 2 houses they got seized he even had shares in my local town football club.
He flew out to Thailand cane back after 6 months and got gripped at airport by armed police.
He had to pay every penny back and lost his houses ect as was proceeds of crime

I don't think they can keep sending you back.
A while back, a few acquaintance's of mine got done for insurance fraud. They got 4 year's and a proceeds of crime order. One paid it and got tagged 15 months. The other said he only had x amount. The judge said " not acceptable " and he done the whole 4.
I don't think he's been back in for non payment.
It depends how long he has been at it And how much money is involved

There will be a limit on how many times they can send you back But I think even then you are on probation for a good while. I knew someone with a gambling addiction he is still having consequences 10 years later although not in prison. He stole money from his employer. They keep saying he has it in hidden assetts.

They will always work a payment plan out to pay back any proceeds of crime I know a lad that got done for coke money laundering he bought a plot of land built 2 houses they got seized he even had shares in my local town football club.
He flew out to Thailand cane back after 6 months and got gripped at airport by armed police.
He had to pay every penny back and lost his houses ect as was proceeds of crime
Correct Bazz there basically is no way out. Until you pay it back. It is not like a fine and have a payment plan. Because they argue you have had the money.

What is weird though, is how they come up with a figure and say you have it. There was another lad involved with the insurance scam, who wanked all his profits up his nose and living it large. They accepted this story and he didn't have to pay **** all. Lol

What is weird though, is how they come up with a figure and say you have it. There was another lad involved with the insurance scam, who wanked all his profits up his nose and living it large. They accepted this story and he didn't have to pay **** all. Lol
If he has no assetts not much they can do. But you will serve a lot more time. Like I said you are also on probation for years.

Back