Major internet issues since connecting box!?

channelking ive read through this post start to end and you have said a few times regarding the drop of internet has been an issue since before the buying of the new kit/box but never to this level, if there was a singal issue just boardering the ok line thats why virmin are giving you the talk regarding all is fine, but we know adding the new kit and box will take that signal and spread it to the rest of the items you have tv and internet this will without a dout make a already weak signal even more weaker thats why your signal drops as bad as it is, your not able to keep the other items installed while virmin do checks or they would see the signal level is poor but your in a catch 22 situation. virmin hate more than anything loosing payed customers like yourself but there policy states to try and continue keeping as many paying members as possible if you look on their site you will see theres a free tv package only freeview i believe but along with that package will come a fresh signal thats what your in desperate need of at the minute. if they turn you down and say its not there now stand your ground and say the internet service for being cable is to unstable for you and tell them you gonna be leaving for another isp provider and then they will there and then offer you somthing in return just make sure its not a deal to lock you into any contract

Thats the thing with an already weak signal and even worse weak signal due to the splitter, can vermin do anything to make it a strong signal?

Well internet was down for some hours again and box also crashed. So I had to turn box off and back on and really weird thing happened this internet starting working. Does this mean the link with the internet going down is to turn box of and on again to get internet working. I am so baffled, confused, lost on what on earth is going on.

I dont know if a repull would fix the intermittent problem, or a signal booster or even a box from vermin to set up the kit.

The only way you will know if a repull will help is to let VM do it. No one can tell you one way or the other.

The fact that VM have even suggested a repull might help, at least means that they are taking your problem seriously.

You really need to get your internet problem sorted out before playing around with a cable box. I wouldn't waste your money on a signal booster. It won't cure your ongoing internet problem.

The only way you will know if a repull will help is to let VM do it. No one can tell you one way or the other.

The fact that VM have even suggested a repull might help, at least means that they are taking your problem seriously.

You really need to get your internet problem sorted out before playing around with a cable box. I wouldn't waste your money on a signal booster. It won't cure your ongoing internet problem.

Ye i will know for good after the repull if the problem persists.

Ye. I don't think a signal booster will help at all.

Can anyone advise me the following:

My box seems to me crashing and rebooting the box but when this happens two things happen

1. Internet just drops for good, why is this happening?
2. When internet is working the $ channels just don't clear unless I reboot the box again is this supposed to happen?

As I also mentioned previously when internet is down and I switch the box off and on the internet works.

What is the reason that this is happening where internet comes on after turning box off? Where box crashes and reboots the internet stops working?

Surely this isn't normal?

It's really not worth advising anything until you have had a VM engineer out.

We are now just going in circles. :willy nilly:

@bees, I am just stating the odd behaviour off the box in relation to the internet and my concern.

I am not optimistic the drop outs will be cured after the engineer comes out.

I was just telling everyone of new issues occurring with the internet and box which shouldnt be.

Thats a big if with VM though. Whether the internet will be sorted out is anyones guess.

There is no guarantee it will be when they try to fix it.

move box somewhere else that has access to cable and sat +++++ working internet and try box there.until that happens nothing else can be done.

Your right nothing can be done if the engineers can solve the issue.

Plus I don't have sat or cable feeds anywhere else.

At least you will have an internet connection that doesn't drop out and
a twin tuner sat box that actually works !! (y)

How big is your TV ?

If it's big then HD makes a big difference, if it's under 40" I wouldn't worry too much.

I know what you mean bees but as I have said before if I'm not using the third tuner on the box it's waste if my money.

My TV is over 40".

I will see if I can get continuous drop outs after engineer comes soon.

If you sell the box you will loose money on it anyway.

Majority of people get away with using single tuners, few more have twin
so is it such a big deal not to have all three working ?

It may be worth keeping it and just getting the most out of it as possible
depending on what happens after the engineers visit.

Back