MTPockets OpenATV 4.2 2015/08/23 Zgemma Star 2S / 2 / H1 / H2 Backup4

I reflashed to try to fix a black screen & a very dodgy tuning problem. My 2s twin tuner has been booting very oddly losing the image at about 38 & rebooting. The boot up seems fixed but the black screen now comes in at about 68 with audio so I can hear the channel change which sounds a lot more stable. Unfortunately I still need a fix for black screen. If anyone can help please I would appreciate it. Thanks to mtpockets for this build. Wish I could appreciate it more.

MTpockets is a very old build now. At the time of openatv 4.2 there was an old bug going round that was blacking out screens on tuner a.
The fix was an unusual one, but it worked. To fix it all you had to do was turn on Diseqc in tuner config - for both tuner a and tuner b.

This might not be the problem you have got, but its worth giving it ago.

I personally would suggest you update to a more newer backup image like wooshmans openatv 5.3 in the stickies.

---------- Post Merged at 09:44 PM ----------

and looking at whooshes thread, you seem to have now installed his build, so I am waffling crap for no reason ;)

Hi i have followed instruction flashing but does not go to flash at all yes i have used hddguru tried diffrent usb but still cant get my s2 to go to flash when i use diffrent image no problem so what is next step can someone help please

---------- Post Merged at 08:23 PM ----------

Hi forgot to mention when i tried to flash i only have one cable connected to tuner A as i have only one sat will this make any difference thanks

Hi i managed to flash after trying few usb the image looks great but when it boots it says non supported vedio i have looked and set it 720 on my other tv but when i take it other room i have none supported vedio
have can i set this to only 720 can someone please help

Okay so I'm back to using this image.. Is there any reason why it takes about 2 seconds to change channel. Still good as I remember just feels a little slower than sucmnsees version..The one thing i like about this one is the EPG as to changing channels it lets you select the channel just to preview it on the EPG and then press ok again to actually start watching that channel. couldn't figure how to get that to work sucmnsees. just a quick request to the uploader/builder of this image. Could you look into updating this so we don't have to look to update the non working EPG on a new flash?

picons

Hi i have managed to get this image working but confused regarding picon i have downloaded and extracted file i have 2 folders picon and user where do i install this folder also picon folder is empty is this correct
i also have 32gb usb in my box so where do i install this 2 folder please help thanks

Hi Kiddac still having problem i followed all the instruction still no epg on most channel i have scaned and re scaneed even when i do it manually cant get it to work tried both source on xml what am i doing wrong
i have gone through all the setting and there is no problem i am using 32gb usb if you can help please

just wondering is there any way to create a my own favourites category to put a selection channels in? as in the way they are organised into "sky UK entertainment" but my own version of that? thanks

Most updates are usually very minor. A tiny bug fix here, a spelling correction, an additional language translation file. As a rule of thumb, if your box seems to be working with no problems then there is no need to do a software update (unless your a faffer and comfortable breaking your box now and again)
Also be warned a software update can also introduce bugs as well as fixing them.

If you are really interested what is being updated you can always visit github and see whats been amended recently.

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2

I prefer to do a full reflash with the latest build every few months rather than keep pressing software update.

dunno where im supposes to post

---------- Post Merged at 10:58 AM ----------

Hi new to all this im struggling on my openbox v8s to input newcamd.list says i need notpad ive tried all sorts any help would be appreciated

Cheers my man, I've just downloaded the files and will be having a play about when I get a minute (not tonight though as the footballs on!), no doubt I will be coming up with a stupid question or two for my inevitable balls up!

Back