MTPOCKETS OpenATV 4.2 Zgemma Star New Backup 2015-06-23

hi there
great how to, but im unable to see where to enter my line. i can see it in device manager but dunno where i have to enter it. any help would be very much appreciated

How do I backup my image to flash my setup should I need to start from scratch?

I've got it all setup how I want and just want to backup this to flash on another box basically

Thank you please!

Last edited:
Yes got everything backed up, once I had installed the image i got the splash screen up then it goes off I didn't take much notice as to the exact number it went off at but then the numbers continued to increase on the LCD display until it got to 100 then it went to the time, still not showing anything on screen, anytime I press anything on the remote it will display 0101 for a few seconds then go back to the time.

Sound like your TV doesn't support the video mode I've left it set to (I think I left it set to 1080p - Do you have another telly you can plug into to change it to a lower resolution?

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ----------

How do I backup my image to flash my setup should I need to start from scratch?

I've got it all setup how I want and just want to backup this to flash on another box basically

Press BLUE, software manager, complete backup and choose USB.....

It takes a long time and if you've added more plugins it probably won't work - The output file size can't be over 120,000,000 bytes.

---------- Post Merged at 07:43 PM ----------

but im unable to see where to enter my line. i can see it in device manager but dunno where i have to enter it.

You don't enter your line on the box you need to download filezilla or dreambox control center and ftp it across - search the forum there's loads of how to's

---------- Post Merged at 07:45 PM ----------

I am using Sucmnsee image. It takes about 2 minutes to load. How long does this image (mypockets) take to load. Thx

It's about the same. Still it's loads quicker than a proper $ly box! The box is designed to be left on standby (this way it can download the EPG) and to resume from standby takes a few seconds.

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ----------

Cycles through the boot, up to 77 and then back to 00 again.

Now flashing back to this new image again and will hold off updating for the time being!

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Sound like something corrupt on the USB drive you're using - try formatting on a pc then reinitialising, converting to ext4 etc.

If still no joy telnet the box and execute the commands....

opkg update
opkg upgrade

Last edited:
Im having same blank screen problem because im on a 720p tv, is there anyway i can press a few buttons and change this to 720p while blind?

Thanks @mtpockets. I thought I might be brave tonight and try another online update of your latest June image - but the Update Manager tells me that there are 46 packages to update but then " You're on an old version and an update may result in a box that won't boot etc etc"

I guess I'll take the "It ain't broke so I won't try to fix it " approach and just leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im having same blank screen problem because im on a 720p tv, is there anyway i can press a few buttons and change this to 720p while blind?

Get the IP address of your zgemma from your router then type in that ipaddress in your browser (chrome/internet explorer or firefox). This will launch openwebif and will give you access to all your settings without having to do it blind.

---------- Post Merged at 05:26 PM ----------

Thanks @mtpockets. I thought I might be brave tonight and try another online update of your latest June image - but the Update Manager tells me that there are 46 packages to update but then " You're on an old version and an update may result in a box that won't boot etc etc"

Just connect via telnet or ssh and run
opkg update
opkg upgrade

this will update everything and you should have no dramas

Well, no drama until it updates telnetd - shuts down the telnetd that I'm connected via, and the upgrade seems to stop. Dunno if doing an "opkg upgrade &" would help - but have to reboot to get a telnet session back (ie to restart telnetd).

Hi Guys.
New to this Forum so pls excuse in advance.
I currently use old VU Duo and bought a ZGemma 2s to try out.
If I load on MTpockets via sub will all the extras be on it or do I need to install extras.
Regards

First Post: I would like to try mtpockets image but am a bit confused about my line data and exactly where to input it. The line worked fine on my old F5S box

The line supplier states that NewcamD protocol should be used and I have just one file (CCcam.cfg)

This reads as N: server etc etc so I guess this is an Nline

Should this single file just be copied to usr/keys and which cam should I activate?

Do I also need a Newcamd.list file

As I say a bit confused despite reading the forum

Any help very much appreciated

In cccam folder you will see example line delete it will b in bottom ov page with stars around it and add you line in bottom ov page

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well, no drama until it updates telnetd - shuts down the telnetd that I'm connected via, and the upgrade seems to stop. Dunno if doing an "opkg upgrade &" would help - but have to reboot to get a telnet session back (ie to restart telnetd).

So, I just bit the bullet -ignored the "It might not boot..." message and updated using the onscreen menus. All working fine this time. Thanks.

Well newcamd an cccam are same ftp newcamd detail on to cccam folder .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Thank you Madi1234
so I just install DL via usb and all will be there??[/QUOTE
CCCam and Newcamd are Not the same They are 2 different types of protocol A C/ine can only be used in CCcam A N/line can be used in CCcam and Newcamd list file in conjunction with a Mg file
N/lines work better in Newcamd list file

Would like to know where and how I can find and get the plugin for tspanel as per your previous version. Or a suitable plugin wherby I can explore the files of the box

Back