My H2.H Set Up Thread Using Wooshbuild...

Hi, I did buy a male rf one but I plugged it into the lnb in and it doesn't recognise a tuner. I think I might need a rf female adaptor for the virgin coax and plug that into tuner B.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

LNB IN is a screw on F connection so that isn't possible - I'm struggling to comprehend what you're doing here? ... It's simply a matter of screwing your V*rgin cable (F connection) onto the F to RF adapter then slotting it into the RF IN port.

Sorry for the confusion. I have done what you said and screwed the rf adapter onto the virg*n cable and plugged it into the rf in port but when I go to tuner setup it doesn't show the cable tuner. I will try again when I get home later but I'm pretty certain I've set it up correctly, I have exactly that adapter that Pablo posted a link for.

Sorry for the confusion. I have done what you said and screwed the rf adapter onto the virg*n cable and plugged it into the rf in port but when I go to tuner setup it doesn't show the cable tuner. I will try again when I get home later but I'm pretty certain I've set it up correctly, I have exactly that adapter that Pablo posted a link for.

If you can't see the cable tuner in tuner config then it's likely you've not installed the correct firmware onto the box - having the wire plugged in wouldn't make any difference.

Will do as soon as I get home in like 30 mins or so

Upload a picture of tuner config screen.
That's the screen
22781ff4aa3262be1e367cbc53538e0e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ste
I do have a vm cable plugged in. Satellite cable is nowhere near the box. What's really confusing is the rf in port on my box is labelled as Lnb in and so is the actual Lnb in port. The vm cable is definitely plugged in the rf in port using the adapter you linked earlier. [emoji52]

I think I know what's happened here - on the flap, it looks like there's a sticker on it - I'm guessing what you have received is a modified H2.S box... is this direct from zgemma.co.uk? pretty poor if it is.

Should be simple enough - they probably have a load of old stock of H2.S boxes that nobody is buying so they're replacing the tuners in them and putting stickers over the H2.S lettering on the flap on the front.

This is a H2.S that I modified recently and put a cable tuner in it and as you can see, it looks identical to the back of your box.

22197827_10154848823585779_1670442269_o.jpg

One other thing which looks obvious now is that the h2s on the box has been covered up with a white sticker and it now says h2h. You're right about the sticker thought, peels off from the corner. I had a look on eBay for a replacement but went with an online store mobishop instead, hopefully I get a genuine one from them. I've also submitted a returns request with zgemma, see what they say.

One other thing which looks obvious now is that the h2s on the box has been covered up with a white sticker and it now says h2h. You're right about the sticker thought, peels off from the corner. I had a look on eBay for a replacement but went with an online store mobishop instead, hopefully I get a genuine one from them. I've also submitted a returns request with zgemma, see what they say.

Can you confirm the exact website you bought this box from please?

www.zgemma.co.uk

I just called the support number they have on their website and the guy said to me they've been shipping like that for the past 3 months and said that the manufacturers have ran out of h2h stock so they're modifying all h2s boxes and sending them out like that. He recommended I get a h5 if I want a genuine one as they still have them. Don't really know what to believe of that but as I've just ordered a replacement from mobishop it makes me worry now that I'll get exactly the same thing which may or may not work. Would I be better off cancelling the order and getting a h5.

This is the first one i've ever come across on here that has been sold like this from them.

If you've ordered it from elsewhere, I think you'll be fine.

The H5.2TC is a better box though - faster processor and has the ability to record 1 cable channel whilst watching another which the H2.H does not.

Last edited by a moderator:
www.zgemma.co.uk

I just called the support number they have on their website and the guy said to me they've been shipping like that for the past 3 months and said that the manufacturers have ran out of h2h stock so they're modifying all h2s boxes and sending them out like that. He recommended I get a h5 if I want a genuine one as they still have them. Don't really know what to believe of that but as I've just ordered a replacement from mobishop it makes me worry now that I'll get exactly the same thing which may or may not work. Would I be better off cancelling the order and getting a h5.

Could you pm me the full details please of where the box came from including names/telephone nos and everything you have.

Back