NEW SMGO2.2.1 Starview Connection FIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working all fine in wales

just updated the firmware , done a factory reset , channel scan switched the box off for a minute switched it back on reconected to my wireless network and its working spot on , ta got an exp date of september i bought my box in november as a FTA from wizard so im happy till september and if it goes off then or before well thats life at the end of the day we are all getting somthing that we shouldent be getting . Just glad it did come back on you all know the score , says it from where you by these boxes that if you flash them then you are voiding any warantys etc took me a while to accept it but thats the way it is . thats for the service provided so far :quote: can we have more pron please lol :cheesy grin:

I have just gone back through this thread and deleted a load of non constructive and thank you posts and infractions given to the posters,

don't keep asking questions that have already been asked and are still awaiting answering, you do not have to log in every day and ask 'whats happening' etc etc, read whats been posted daily and whats new.

also take note of the following:
Remember all members use the thank/like system we have here at TK

posts of thanks, great, will try it etc etc will be deleted and an infraction given to the poster

we do not need to know your going to try it or update, and who wants to be sifting through countless posts of crap to get info

Also if your New here, just signed up, read Pm and email from admin and also the forum rules

We ask that you post once in order to download, there is a suggestion from admin as to where to make that 1st post.

DO NOT post crap in order to download.

Last edited:
I for one find it fustrating but i do appreciate the kiddy
i just thiunk hes stuck anad starview needs to sort this out not him

Last edited:
i have a 6 month old starview 7 which has only had carling on till today when i put smgo on now i get not registered box not only me with this PROBLEM
Please help thekiddy

No sorry to say its not only you and hopefully there will be a solution to it

just keep checking back as when there is it will be posted

i dont understand why people didnt keep upto date with all of the firmware upgrades unless you guys and girls have been buying older boxes from flebay if everyone kept upto date with it you wouldent have this problem and surly if you did pay the retail price from a legit seller you would of kept upto date , i think the starveiw peeps are having a crack at sorting all of the issues out . i dont know for what reason as it would of been easier for them just to pack up shop so imho they are trying . I also used to get frustrated but honestly you got the box you cant get anything for it basicly just sit back and keep you fingers crossed no point in asking pointless questions and slagging them off as there is no direct support

got 2 s7 boxes in October from mycablebox both boxes worked with the Carling firmware and the show-must -go -on
now flashed with the latest firmware SMGO2.21 only one box will work the other box comes up unregistered
dont think its a clone mmmmm

phrozenballs
i didnt keep upto date with firmware cos ive been working away, i purchased my box new from wizard sat which has now changed name you sound like a real jobs worth please take a day off

I just put new download on memory stick and upgraded and channels came back on straight away - didn't even have to go to factory reset etc. :happy:

phrozenballs

i purchased 2 boxes brand new from wizard 6 weeks ago
the reason these boxes aint connecting is that they are not registered on any server if you had read the kiddys post,s
the server is locked to all new boxes thats what they are trying to sort out now
We all now everything is a gamble
but i do expect some kind off support from starview

@ dave100

no not a jobs worth lol its ok you can take your frustrations out on me cause quite frankly i dont give a toss and also if you look at this forum and othe forums related to the starveiw i used to make pointless negative posts like when , why not and it ait fair they took my money posts but really fella whats the point , no point at all if you get it sorted then its a bonus if not well hard luck lesson learnt like i said i have had a few months out of my box as i am one of the lucky ones and do aprechiate the boxes being switched back on after the down time the point i was trying to make was just STOP BITCHING please lol

Ditto I keep up with all firmware but after they went off last time I thought that was it so missed smgo 1 some of us have life's off here and don't sit a pc all day so back off

Alright Guys, please calm it down in here. I know the frustration levels are high!

These threads are here to help one another out, if you want to let out some steam, then go rant about something in the rant section, thats what its there for..

No one has the answers until the Kiddy comes back and says something, and I hope that is pretty soon!

Everyone took the risk of buying these boxes, everyone knew what they were getting into, so there is no point in complaining and thats the bottom line!!

Period.

yes also put new sw on worked straight away all chanells back though 1 or 2 movies gone ,expiry date 15th nov so i aint bothered

had quite a few of these for friends and we have 4 in house and all are fine - except my daughters which has 4 dots where the not/connected notice is - they are all from same supplier and have all been updated with the various flashes that have been available. I did have 1 like this from someone who got theirs from somewhere else and assumed it was perhaps a clone? even after re-flashing with old firmwhere you dont get the not connected back just 4 dots?? anyone else seen this - cheers.

4 dots on display?wonder if you had a bad flash done,maybe a fresh download with a fresh downloaded file,followed by the usual factory reset etc.
never heard of a clone of sv7,previous models yes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back