openbox v8s 7 day auto updating epg

I have set my V8S to use the online xml setting, great. Except, the timings are all adrift. Meaning that what I see, is actually a listing out of sync with GMT.

A couple of quick questions.
1. Does the zipped version behave differently to the internet version?
2. Just how do I make use of the zipped files.

Thanks guys

openbox epg 1 hour out

Hi, I'm having trouble updating my openbox v8 epg. I have regularly done this with no problem but recently the internet epg is 1 hour out. my box is on summertime but doesn't make a difference. any fixes or help would be appreciated!

I've done a lot of searching through the forums on this, as I have the same problem. I assume that you are referring to the XMLTV setting for the EPG. Apparently this is a known bug relating to British summertime and has been around for a long, long time. There is no fix at the moment. However, come October, it should be ok until next years BST. Annoying I know, but I tend to use TV Guide UK TV Listings - UK's No 1 TV Listing site for Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, Freesat & BT Vision for my tv listings. As for recording, just use the 'Timer' option in the menu when you've got the required channel selected. Hope this helps.

Hi Kelvin, thanks for the post, but still sort of struggling a bit with the EPG, at present I am in France with a the problem increases because now apparently there is not such thing as GMT it now comes under UTC, so in my case as France is 2 hours ahead of UTC the V8S clock on the front of the box shows 2 hours later than what it actually is here in France, the EPG shows a totally time from the actual time as well as the time shown on the V8S different program time, have tried just about every setting I can think of to sort it but without success. Will solder on, the wife is going bonkers with it, up to now nothing has been thrown in my direction.

Hi All

Sorry to revive this thread. I am new to Openbox and have just set the Openbox v8s. When I change the EPG to XML, instead of satellite, I get the option to update via the red button. Once that update has succesfully completed, I get the current date at the bottom (which is correct) and 'United Kingdom - (Date)', However, this date is shown at yesterdays date. Is that normal? In other words, does it download an EPG update weekly, and the date shown is the date the EPG was produced (which just happens to be yesterday), or should the EPG date. and the current date match?
Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

I assume that you have a memory stick inserted into one of the USB slots. All I can say is what I put earlier
'I've done a lot of searching through the forums on this, as I have the same problem. I assume that you are referring to the XMLTV setting for the EPG. Apparently this is a known bug relating to British summertime and has been around for a long, long time. There is no fix at the moment. However, come October, it should be ok until next years BST. Annoying I know, but I tend to use TV Guide UK TV Listings - UK's No 1 TV Listing site for Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, Freesat & BT Vision for my tv listings. As for recording, just use the 'Timer' option in the menu when you've got the required channel selected. Hope this helps.
Try switching back to the standard EPG listing, check your system date and time, switch back to the XML EPG. You will still experience the summertime problem though.

Not that I've come across, only the time difference. So if you look at a channel, you will find the programs are listed a couple of hors out of sync. Obviously, if you look at the listing around 11pm, you'll see the following days listing. Make sure you leave the box on, to ensure the EPG updates automatically.

hello i have openbox v8s cant get signal to any sky channel every other channel work cant figure it out can you help thank in avanced

ive also done all the things said here but i find the times are out about an hour,hope to download the zip and fix this, fingers crossed

my epg is 1 hour infront eg: shows the 6 o'clock news starting at 5, but the system time is correct. Will this download correct this?

Back