openbox v8s 7 day auto updating epg

my epg is 1 hour infront eg: shows the 6 o'clock news starting at 5, but the system time is correct. Will this download correct this?

sorry dont know m8 i coulndt figure out how to do it i got rid of my open box its a sack of crap im using blade 7000s again

Guyz, Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a newbiee, got my new V8S box and subscription.
1. Download the files from post 1. - Done
2. Unzip and place it in the newly formated USB - Done
3. Go to EPG setting and set it to XMLTV and EPG works fine.
But, Is this right? Do I need to install anything like .abs file that i downloaded to USB? If so, where to navigate and install?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Guyz, Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a newbiee, got my new V8S box and subscription.
But, Is this right? Do I need to install anything like .abs file that i downloaded to USB? If so, where to navigate and install?

Thanks in advance!

Yes pal insert the stick into your box and choose upgrade from USB then choose the file you downloaded and it will install the xmltv then once that is done go toothed epg setting and choose xmltv instead of satellite and it will then choose to update will take around 1 min this needs to be done once a week always leave the USB stick in as this is what the xmltv guide will run from

Thanks in advance!

Yes pal insert the stick into your box and choose upgrade from USB then choose the file you downloaded and it will install the xmltv then once that is done go toothed epg setting and choose xmltv instead of satellite and it will then choose to update will take around 1 min this needs to be done once a week always leave the USB stick in as this is what the xmltv guide will run from

Thank you stanofcas. Where do I need to navigate and upgrade? And the first post was done a year back, do I need to download from psot #108 for the latest .abs file?
EPG is working now, without me upgrading, but its Off by 1 hour. :( . The 9PM movie in Film4 starts on time, but EPG shows as if the movie starts by 8PM in Film4 instead of 9PM.
So, do you still suggest me to upgrade from the file downloaded from Post 1 or post 59 or post 108?

My software version is 3511HD_10_08_2015_06B7

Last edited:
No don't upgrade it's probably already done seen as you have the latest firmware and the guide being one hour off is a glitch for now sadly so I just change the time minus one hour

My EPG time settings are as follows:
GMT Offset : UTC +0
Summer Time: ON.

Is there any settings other than this to fix the '1hour Off' EPG issue?

Last edited:
My EPG time settings are as follows:
GMT Offset : UTC +0
Summer Time: ON.

Is there any settings other than this to fix the '1hour Off' EPG issue?

I have summer time set to off. Yes the system time is an hour behind but the program guide displayed is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave up and bought a zgemma from the linked sponsor. Massive difference in functionality.

yes thinking of changing my v8 for one if anyone can sell me a step up from the v8 and v5 upstairs at the right price pm me.
still a good box though taught me a lot would recommend for a first sly box.

i gave up and bought a zgemma from the linked sponsor. Massive difference in functionality.

yes thinking of changing my v8 for one if anyone can sell me a step up from the v8 and v5 upstairs at the right price pm me.
Still a good box though taught me a lot would recommend for a first sly box.

does any body know how to change the recording.basically mine is recording in batches of approx 1gb.so if i record a film for 2 hour it take 3 section of 2x 1gb and a 0.2gb.it comes thru as mpeg 2 so i convert using avc and change it to avi and the audio is out of sinc.would be better if i could record direct in another format or record in 1 file.

Can anybody help me please when I update the xml epg the date does not change and stays and the day in year 1902 please help

I'm told I need a post count of 1 to download this file, so here it is. Hey people!

---------- Post Merged at 07:34 PM ----------

Hmmmm, so I need "One constructive post" to download. Let me think lol

Back