PL football on 19.2e?

OK thanks, after the 28.2 card blocking scenario I went over to IPTV through STBEmu on my 4k Fire box and tbh I'm very happy with my provider for that, I'd been reading on here about 19.2 so yesterday I moved my dish for the lol's, so apart from the English speaking news channels and the German / French / Spanish FTA I was just looking in to the options

That's right - they don't... S*y Germany have their own selection of channels with their own program schedules.
ok, not sure if I'm having a brain fart here, so how are you getting that SS1HD?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys thanks for the info, wasn't really worth moving the dish then, never mind, as I hadn't even turned the box on for 2 months

Depends what you want from it - if it's football, there's Movistar Football which shows quite a bit of PL footie... this weekend for example, they're showing the Saturday midday game (Man City v. Liverpool), the Leicester v. Chelsea 3pm game and the Stoke v. Man Utd 5.30pm game then on Sunday, they're showing both games and also the Monday night game - it's a good channel.

They still have a selection of other channels with English audio available too.

I guess it comes down to the price of the line then to see if it's worth it for me, still waiting quotes via the request thread

Looking for a bit of advice if anyone can help?
Just tried to move my dish to 19.2 using a basic satellite finder that connects to the LNB and receiver, when the tuner config on my receiver is set to 28.2 the sat finder powers up straight away but when I switch it to 19.2 it goes dead.
Anyone know where I might be going wrong?
Is it a problem with the receiver/image, I'm using a vu+ zero running an open pli image?

All settings are the same for both sats but I've noticed on one of the settings it says "send diseqc only on satellite change" and beside it it says no.
Would changing that to yes make any difference?

I think the diseqc options are for if you're using multiple lnb's on the same dish using a diseqc switch.

I don't believe a sat finder is really needed for 19.2e ... just put a channel list onthe box for 19.2e and move your dish to the left (as your looking at it) until a picture comes on one of the channels on the 19.2e list.

I just looked on my zgemma with atv, if you change the satellite to 19.2e and save (green button) then go into ABM providers, you'll now have all the options for the providers on this satellite.

Have a channel list for 19.2 on my receiver and had ZDF on it when I was trying to hit the sat and I can see the TV from my dish but nothing was happening as I moved the dish.
The sat finder is a great help as it whistles as you're hitting a sat, was whistling away no matter where I moved it when the tuner config was on 28.2 but as I said, nothing when it was on 19.2.
Very confusing.

Trouble is, there's 6 satellites between 19.2e and 28.2e so you could be hitting any one of those, that's why I am not really keen on those cheapo sat finders as it doesn't say what satellite you're locked onto :(

On vix there is a signal finder,
Set your sat to 19.2 , then go to signal finder.
You don't need a channel list or anything.

Reactions: ste
Trouble is, there's 6 satellites between 19.2e and 28.2e so you could be hitting any one of those, that's why I am not really keen on those cheapo sat finders as it doesn't say what satellite you're locked onto :(
I know what you're saying but at least you know you're hitting something, when I had the tuner config set for 28.2 it was whistling and fading as I was moving the dish around so I knew I was hitting something, if that had been the case when the tuner config was set for 19.2 I would've hit it eventually through trial and error.
I'll have another go in the morning using steptoe's suggestion.
Thanks lads for the replies/advice.

is it one of those basic whistling meters with a needle that moves?
if so,
it doesnt matter what sat you have the box set for, it only draws power from the box,
leave your box on 28, move dish til you find a signal, then simply go into search and see what sat you get a lock on, if its the wrong one, try again,
do NOT set your box for any particular sat, let the box search through them, on auto my box will search for 28 23 19 16 and 13 iirc.
obviously this [for me] is on vix image, I dont know how other images work, although Im sure when I had woosh [ATV] on it, it was the same

You don't need to move your dish, put another lnb next to your sky one. There's pictures in the thread which I've posted before

Reactions: ste
Back