PL football on 19.2e?

You don't need to move your dish, put another lnb next to your sky one. There's pictures in the thread which I've posted before
Yeah I seen that mate but I just haven't had a chance to get out to a sat shop to buy another LNB, probably should've ordered one online.
I'm not too bothered about 28.2 anymore to be honest, I have a cable box running for UK/Ireland TV.

Ah that's no good then, was gonna say if you're local to the NW, I can loan you my satfinder (with little screen) on it.
No worries mate, thanks for the offer though.

is it one of those basic whistling meters with a needle that moves?
if so,
it doesnt matter what sat you have the box set for, it only draws power from the box,
leave your box on 28, move dish til you find a signal, then simply go into search and see what sat you get a lock on, if its the wrong one, try again,
do NOT set your box for any particular sat, let the box search through them, on auto my box will search for 28 23 19 16 and 13 iirc.
obviously this [for me] is on vix image, I dont know how other images work, although Im sure when I had woosh [ATV] on it, it was the same
I'll leave it on 28.2 tomorrow and do what you suggest. Apologies if this is a silly question but what setting do I go in to to do that auto sat search?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ste
Ah that's no good then, was gonna say if you're local to the NW, I can loan you my satfinder (with little screen) on it.
what one have you got @ste
was looking at buying one for future projects/messing about,
only a cheapo tho, looking at a ws6906 , any good.?

what one have you got @ste
was looking at buying one for future projects/messing about,
only a cheapo tho, looking at a ws6906 , any good.?

Yes, that's the one I have - was only £50 or there abouts off eBay... it's pretty good to be honest but if I were to buy another, I'd buy a slightly dearer model which can receive dvb-s2 as this one is just dvb-s.

I'll leave it on 28.2 tomorrow and do what you suggest. Apologies if this is a silly question but what setting do I go in to to do that auto sat search?
I dont know on your image,
I've only used VIX or ATV

Yes, that's the one I have - was only £50 or there abouts off eBay... it's pretty good to be honest but if I were to buy another, I'd buy a slightly dearer model which can receive dvb-s2 as this one is just dvb-s.
this was the other one I was looking at,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freesat-V...216518?hash=item25d7608386:g:AboAAOSwblZZJUqa
for that exact reason that it done S2, and only a fiver more than the 4906

I was in 2 minds, but as I do more and more CCTV it would also be good for that as well, having video in, available

Last edited by a moderator:
this was the other one I was looking at,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freesat-V...216518?hash=item25d7608386:g:AboAAOSwblZZJUqa
for that exact reason that it done S2, and only a fiver more than the 4906

I was in 2 minds, but as I do more and more CCTV it would also be good for that as well, having video in, available

Yeah that looks a pretty decent one - made by freesat too which is the brand of the V8 Golden receiver I have. I don't think they were released when I bought mine, if they were then i'd have opted for this one instead.

Yeah that looks a pretty decent one - made by freesat too which is the brand of the V8 Golden receiver I have. I don't think they were released when I bought mine, if they were then i'd have opted for this one instead.
I saw it on the freesat site, but couldnt actually find a link to buy it,
so just stuck it into a popular search engine,
in truth,
I'd guess they are all chinese copies of 'better' brands,
but as a hobby meter, I'm not [cant afford] about to spend hundreds on something that will get little use,
a spectrum analyser would be nice, but at £400+ for a meter with one that is actually real time, deffo not something I will be getting.
thanks for the heads up on the 4906 being good enough, so I think I'll go with the freesat one with S2 then, :(y):

You're right about the little use - mine has spent more time in the drawer... don't think it's seen the light of day for months :grin:

You're right about the little use - mine has spent more time in the drawer... don't think it's seen the light of day for months :grin:
with something like this,
I'm the sort of person buys reasonable cheap, if possible, and, after a while I find myself using it more and more for work,
and think the investment in something better will save me time/pay for itself, then I'll buy a better one,
but taking the chance on an unknown simply cant be justified for me right now.
if that helps me speed up setting up some multisat dishes for people, and then I get more off the back off that, and then some more, basically enough to pay for something better, then thats when I'll upgrade.
but, as its not my primary work, there is no way I could pour money I dont have into it.

Thanks for all your help lads, I'm up and running now. :)
Had another go at moving the dish but this time I used the satfinder option on my receiver and set it to 19.2 and I found it fairly easy.
Watching palace/Southampton at the mo on m futbol but it's in (I think) Spanish, is there any way of getting English comm?
Are there any other channels on 19.2 for PL football?

M Futbol is the best channel for PL football on 19.2e and it's foreign commentary only i'm afraid.

Press one of the coloured buttons - it's yellow on my set-up (Wooshbuild) but from memory I think it was red on Vix - to get settings for "Select audio track". Select the second option (qaa) and you'll get the stadium noise/atmosphere without the Spanish commentators. English commentary option disappeared a couple of years ago.

http://liveonsat.com will tell you what games are on what channels / satellites

After the game you're watching, the 3pm Man City game is on the same channel followed by the later 5.30pm game then both tomorrow games are on it too.

You don't need to move your dish, put another lnb next to your sky one. There's pictures in the thread which I've posted before
Got another LNB and had a go at this but couldn't hit 28.2 at all, had it right beside the LNB locked on 19.2 and a little below but no joy.
Is there a knack to doing it or does it take a while and you just need to move the LNB slowly, I never thought it'd be so hard to find?

Got another LNB and had a go at this but couldn't hit 28.2 at all, had it right beside the LNB locked on 19.2 and a little below but no joy.
Is there a knack to doing it or does it take a while and you just need to move the LNB slowly, I never thought it'd be so hard to find?
what side.?
looking face on at the dish, 28 goes to the left of 19,
oh, and fractionally [a tiny bit] HIGHER, not lower,
28 is lower in the sky than 19
remember, it still aims for the centre of the dish

what side.?
looking face on at the dish, 28 goes to the left of 19,
oh, and fractionally [a tiny bit] HIGHER, not lower,
28 is lower in the sky than 19
remember, it still aims for the centre of the dish
Could've sworn I moved my dish slightly higher and to the left (looking face on) when I was moving from 28.2 to 19.2 but maybe I'm wrong, I had the new LNB to the right and slightly below 19.2 so obviously that's where I was going wrong.
Thanks, I'll have another go later.

Could've sworn I moved my dish slightly higher and to the left (looking face on) when I was moving from 28.2 to 19.2 but maybe I'm wrong, I had the new LNB to the right and slightly below 19.2 so obviously that's where I was going wrong.
Thanks, I'll have another go later.
thats correct,
looking face on, move dish higher and left for 19,
then 28 goes to the left and higher, its a mirror image, think of a snooker ball bouncing off a cushion

Back