Possible Solution to dns change, try it before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes the reason most of us are here is because we cant contact our supplier so how the hell are we ever gonna get it sorted. looks like we been screwed guys

Well, the scenario is whenever the DNS is told, someone reports it and the DNS gets banned. So someone if causing the problems. The DNS has changed twice in the last 2 days.

That's why the server has told no one to release it and not send PMs to other members since it could be that person.

It's possible many resellers haven't got their email yet since I believe the emails are being sent in alphabetical order so it will take time.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree the DNS info shouldn't be distributed openly - if there are people reporting them then sooner or later they will be reported again as the suppliers don't know who that person is. Can't see a resolution to this tbh.

I'm starting to think we may need to go to non-UK servers but then they will face the same issue. I don't understand though why this tactic wasn't used before by sly to stop servers? all very bizarre.

Unfortunately thats going to be difficult for some people.

As made aware, some have bought from suppliers who are no longer around.

This includes myself.

I have bought 1 Sub from direct supplier, which works fine.

But 4 have been bought from a Re-seller which is no longer around.

These 4 obviously do not work currently.

Have emailed the Direct Supplier, but no response yet.

I guess lets see what happens.

The new DNS has been out and is being emailed to people from the supplier.

Just get in touch to your supplier and he should be able to let you know.

No one will obviously post it here since it will get blacklisted again then.

Whilst I agree the DNS info shouldn't be distributed openly - if there are people reporting them then sooner or later they will be reported again as the suppliers don't know who that person is. Can't see a resolution to this tbh.

I'm starting to think we may need to go to non-UK servers but then they will face the same issue. I don't understand though why this tactic wasn't used before to stop servers? all very bizarre.

Well, this only started in the past 2 days... before that it was all good.

Non-UK servers are also affected by DNS blacklisted if they get reported.

It's simple, either Sky or member(s) have started reporting the DNS in the past few days.

This has happened to 3 different servers I know at least.

On top of this, the main supplier has been flooded with emails so it will take to get a reply from them.

The poor guy has changed DNS twice in 2 days and has sent emails so it will also be stressful for him.

Last edited:
Agreed but just wondering why it has taken Sky so long to use this tactic - seems very easy for them to do this because it's going to be nigh on impossible to keep the new DNS info from them no matter how hard eveybody tries.

Well, this only started in the past 2 days... before that it was all good.

Non-UK servers are also affected by DNS blacklisted if they get reported.

It's simple, either Sky or member(s) have started reporting the DNS in the past few days.

This has happened to 3 different servers I know at least.

On top of this, the main supplier has been flooded with emails so it will take to get a reply from them.

The poor guy has changed DNS twice in 2 days and has sent emails so it will also be stressful for him.

Hi,

I know I've probably not got much hope here other than contact the supplier direct which didn't work over the weekend, but can anyone help with a fix for this again please? I'm in the same boat as a lot of others with reseller disappeared etc. the original fix worked over the weekend but it looks like it's gone down again.

look at all those people that bought boxes and expected full warranty with viewing,if only they had bothered to do research in full what they were getting into.[video=youtube;5h-l7MNnbc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h-l7MNnbc0[/video]

you could have bought that!

look at all those people that bought boxes and expected full warranty with viewing,if only they had bothered to do research in full what they were getting into.[video=youtube;5h-l7MNnbc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h-l7MNnbc0[/video]

you could have bought that!
Pmsl
Love it cactikid
[emoji12]

what i dont get is everybody says they use the same supplier,i would say cobblers to that as i dont use service from here and it went down.how come 1 supplier does all europe is he bigger than sky?

no catikid but its like fishing storys there always that big haha :)

tbh i use 3 different servers so chance of all 3 going down at once a very small, also i know what i'm doing people that don't really should do more homework and these people that demand they are helped need to learn its been like this for years, in the past 7+ years i've had maybe 6 servers in total
but this week has been mental !!

just remember even just over a year back with all the HD crap before then there were a load of servers that got hit

when some of you say big some resellers have 2-500 lines on servers with 3-5000 users easily, its about people knowing what they are doing and having backup plans in place :)

Last edited:
I was also recommended to use his line by several people on here, and have had it for 3 months, paid for 12, now all channels scrambled

Could I just say in my post I wasn't complaining or demanding help. It was just a simple request, if anyone could help? If they can't, won't or don't want to with the servers request bit earlier that's fine.

Followed standard TK protocol and messaged the guy in question (email fully working and using the same one as last year) got a reply with new DNS within 4 minutes. I won't be sharing the new DNS sorry. Suppliers request will be honoured

I was also recommended to use his line by several people on here, and have had it for 3 months, paid for 12, now all channels scrambled

maybe buy lines for 3 months at time in future or find a closed or established server or reseller that has various options is only advice i can give

maybe buy lines for 3 months at time in future or find a closed or established server or reseller that has various options is only advice i can give

Seeing as though we are not allowed to talk about server names, it's not very easy to find out which ones are established and can be trusted

Seeing as though we are not allowed to talk about server names, it's not very easy to find out which ones are established and can be trusted

TBH thats why saying buy short term ! as you been round longer than 99% of people that's asking sure you can post in correct section and look through peoples profiles etc ask the right questions and make a best possible informed decision with the info that YOU have , remember your watching these channels via unauthorised method so nothing is safe !!

It's all part/parcel of what we're doing. There's bound to be hiccups with any service! Even when I was paying for sky it wasn't a flawless service.

Some guy a few pages back hit the nail on the head with the whole watching the FTA channels or spending quality time with loved ones

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back