Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

Hi everyone,
struggling a bit with my openbox v8s. When it arrived, all freeview channles worked, i then updated channel list and installed my cccam.cfg, now all my channles are saying no signal even the free to view ones?
Any ideas what ive done? or how it can be remidied? Thanks in advance

P.S ive tried to open the dummies guide but its not letting me?

Hi all trying to set up my v8s but the Dummies guide not working for me either says select "cccam client setup" in network from main menu I can't see this anywhere all I have in network menu is network local settings then I select network setting then there are 3 options saying Ethernet wifi and usb 3G am I looking in the wrong menu?

Thanks in advance

In Local Network Setting don't highlight anything but press 6666 on remote and all will be revealed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new to the forum, I've gota problem with my open box !! It works fine in the house with my wifi , sat cable no issues!! But when I connect it to my sky multi room cable and a different wifi it doesn't get sky channels , it gets bbc1 etc... Could u point me in the right direction , cheers

hi all, (new member first post) can anyone help? My father in law got a Openbox V8s and used the clines i got when i recieved it - set up was done by someone else and now all the channels are scrambled - ive looked at the clines (there none showing listed now). Channels have been available intermittently but now only freeview isnt scrammbled. Is the only way to fix by purchasing new clines or is there anything else i can do? Cant help but feel he might have been stitched up a little.

thank for the great work guys. Just received my new Openbox. The channel list which was previously on the box was not working so decide to delete channel. guess what. I cant bring them back now. I tried to scan with single satellite option. NOTHING

Mate you'll need a usb stick, go to sky box channel lists on here and download Cwaites to your laptop unzip and fire the file on to your usb stick.
Put it in the back of the box, go to menu> upgrade by usb> change file to misc> ok on select and upgrade,> ok on TP prog> yellow for upgrade.
Let the box burn flash, exit out once completed, your box should reboot then press fav on your remote
all channels back

Hello there,
I have a V8S Openbox which is working great (touch wood)
Do any of you guys have any information regards DNLA and using the box to stream movies to?

Thanks in advance.

Just got a v8s box in put the ccc codes manually but only getting login or offline
Never had this problem with previous box

Any ideas???

Missing channels on Openbox V8Se

Hi. I am new here. I have used Dreambox for many years and now I am trying to see if the openbox, which is a lot more reasonable priced, can do same job.
I use 0,8W, 4,8E, 13E and 28,2E
I have configured the box and it is working. BUT, on the 0,8W sattelitte I get errors when I download the channels and the Norwegian Channels are not there at all. I have tried to download in many ways but I get still some transponders are failing to install.

I see here that you can download a file and to install it vis USB stick.
How can I find such a file that covers all of the channels in the 4 satelittes or more?

:crying football:

Set my mates box up last night, all fine, this morning he only has channel 4..... any ideas?

As in 1 single channel, channel 4 that's it?
goto factory reset, ok on yes, important now press blue
reload Cwaites channel list from here in the skybox channel list section, should sort you out

Which channel list you using? You need to unzip the file and add to the root of your usb
then put the usb pen in the front, goto menu> upgrade via usb under factory settings> change file from image to misc by using the right arrow> ok on select and upgrade> ok on TP prog> yellow for upgrade.
Once the burn flash is complete exit out of all menus, let the box reboot and press fav on your remote. Job done, hope this helps!

Back