Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

Hi Can anyone help, I have just bought a openbox V8S and all I can pickup is radio channels I have it connected to the LMB from the sky dish so signal is there and using a scart lead to my tv??

Better using a hdmi, also press the tv button on your remote and then press fav. You'll need to update your channel list and if you ain't got a connection (gift) you'll need one to view premium channels

Just bought the openbox v8s. I'm off to have a read and explore the forum. Just wanted to say a quick thanks in here first. I've managed to get a lot of info from this one thread. Much appreciated.

Hate to be a pain in the backside guys but can anyone point me in the right direction for decent and reliable sub

Ok fellas.... I have my openbox v8s, a dish satellite"works with FTA etc" and I'm in the USA.. What satellite do I need to point my dish at? And I'll be buying me a cline... A dummy text or someone to walk me through this later today would be fantastic..

You don't give your full location---if you have fta then what sat are you on at present-----your cline will have to be purchased from local server to your location----full details of setting up box can be found in "Dummies Guide" use search bar at top r/h this page.
Reaper.

S811 you were on here last week trying to set your box up. I thought you were up and running? ?????????

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

As far as I get info on sattelite positions astra are located above the Atlantic. We have to search 28.2 East if your in us you could try 28.2 West but to tell you the truth I haven't got a clue. There's probably a way to do it,ask about on forum

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

You cannot receive 28.2e in usa unless you use iptv----plus a line from uk will do nothing for you on the dish network.
Reaper.

I can point my lnb at any satellite that I can use the openbox with I'm just trying to find out which one to be able to do this with... I mean being in the USA what options do I have to be able to do what you do

Well some interesting reading thus far, i think i shall read a few more threads and see if i can get to grips with what to do.

Back