Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

Hi Reaper
I must comment on your patience and congratulate you, as you have mentioned the dummies guide several times and have been polite every time.

I'm a newbie , I purchased a Openbox v8s with gift card from eBay several months ago and have had no issues.
I had to do a channel update but was a little nervous to do it on my own just in case I wiped or bricked it. I contacted my seller who then talked me through the process of updating through the network.

There's some good advice in this group chat.

Thank you all to have contributed with advice keep up the good work

Hi all, have done the latest firmware and TP_PROG uploads to the box but still no unscrambled channels, please could someone help? Thanks in advance.

Hi All,
I'm a newbie, looking at cutting the cord and getting myself an opinion V8s box or other on which I can stream movies and record. Any advice on what box to buy and how to setup will be much appreciated. If you point me to the relevant thread, I am ready to start reading.....
Kind regards

Hi all, have done the latest firmware and TP_PROG uploads to the box but still no unscrambled channels, please could someone help? Thanks in advance.

You need to buy a gift/line before you can unscramble channels.
Read thru the openbox forum---all your answers are here.
Reaper.

Hi All,
I'm a newbie, looking at cutting the cord and getting myself an opinion V8s box or other on which I can stream movies and record. Any advice on what box to buy and how to setup will be much appreciated. If you point me to the relevant thread, I am ready to start reading.....
Kind regards

Totally wrong part of forum---this question has been answered many times---do a little reading and research on this forum and you will find a mass of answers but remember whatever you buy---it's got to be your decision that counts, because it's your money.
Reaper.

Having Just ordered my box i would like access to the dummies guide, so I dont constantly hassle everyone with Noob questions
Thanks in advance

Can anyone help we have a v8 box and have connected all to the sky box and Ethernet cable is active but it is not doing anything just says no signal when we bought it the guy just said plug it in and all should work fine well it doesn't the signal strength says 36% but when I take cable out it still says this and doesn't change could this be a problem with the box.

Can anyone help we have a v8 box and have connected all to the sky box and Ethernet cable is active but it is not doing anything just says no signal when we bought it the guy just said plug it in and all should work fine well it doesn't the signal strength says 36% but when I take cable out it still says this and doesn't change could this be a problem with the box.

Confused by your statement ?
Is the V8 ? connected direct to the TV and has the ethernet cable connected to the V8 box only ?
Is the satellite cable connected to the LNB in only on the V8 ?(second connection in not the first)
36% is the normal figure that shows when there is no signal at all.

Hi Guys, I have just bought an Openbox V8S to replace my Skybox F5 that died. I have it installed and all channels working but there appears to be a problem with the PVR function. I have a Seagate hard drive plugged in (which I used on the F5 box). I can pause live TV and I can record programs but I don't seem to be able to use fast forward or rewind. I have contacted the seller of the unit and they haven't been very helpfull. The instructions that come with these boxes are very poor and I know there are some hidden menus, I was wondering if the unit is faulty or whether I need to change some settings somewhere ?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Neil

Hi I am looking into an Openbox V8s but looking at these Q&As I dont know what a line or ccam or gift are. My sound silly but help please someone.

Yes it is all connected Ethernet in the box and the v8 connected to the tv via hdmi n the sky cable in the lnb port but still nothing

Back