Starview HD Combo firmware and flashing guide.

hello all,

im really stuck and would reall appreciate a lot of help, i have just invested in a starview hd combo box, i have linked it up as the instuction manual stated, i can do the search and find the channels but they are all scrambled, i really am not technically sound with these things, if someone could e-mail me a step by step guide on how to get my channels working i would be for ever gratefull,

i am trying to do it through the s*y as i have the satelite dish on the side of my house. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help a doughnut in need .

many thanks to whoever tries to help me

hello all,

im really stuck and would reall appreciate a lot of help, i have just invested in a starview hd combo box, i have linked it up as the instuction manual stated, i can do the search and find the channels but they are all scrambled, i really am not technically sound with these things, if someone could e-mail me a step by step guide on how to get my channels working i would be for ever gratefull,

i am trying to do it through the s*y as i have the satelite dish on the side of my house. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help a doughnut in need .

many thanks to whoever tries to help me

cable side to work
did you flash with proper firmware
do you have your cable connected
do you have your broadband connected up to the box

also cable part has nothing to do with the sat dish

cable side to work
did you flash with proper firmware
do you have your cable connected
do you have your broadband connected up to the box

also cable part has nothing to do with the sat dish

hooter007 u helped me before. Just wondering if the HD channels sports and movies are going to come back on. Thanks.

Hi, at Hooter007. If you would be so kind and tell us what is the right firmware.
Also if anyone could email me a step by step way to connect my starview hd combo + to the internet.
Or just let me know if its not possible. I have vermin cable.
Im a proper noob whith these things.
Thanks for all the help all.

Hi all just got new starview hd combi are there any updates I should be aware of ,I'm on n*l cable .Have had no problem setting up due to threads but have only free channels . Any Help would be grateful.
Thanks

So i'm assuming the HD channels dont work on svcom+? just looking to get the combo+ or may just stick to getting sd-sv6.

Starview HD combo +

hi,

has anyone got the new firmware for starview HD combo as I have lost all the channels. :faint:

hi guys
any good people there can help me where i am going wrong i have starview hd combo + box i flashed the box this way
Load the GrooveRider File file on to a Memory stick,
then insert the Memory stick in the front USB port on the receiver. make sure box is off
Now press the menu button on the remote now go to Accessory and highlight USB,
then press the OK button on the remote,
you will now see the GrooveRider File in the USB menu.
Go to the file and press the OK button on the remote then select S/W +All Data Update to load file.
When the file as been loaded then go to Utility and Factory (DB)
Reset do a Factory Reset. The job is now done.

Now
Go -to Key Edit menu Hidden function(Toggle method) Press “8989” on the RCU on the menu (Accessory)
: if you Autoupdate is “off” you should switch it to “on” to make it enabled.then i go to skysports but i keep getting same massage on screen scambed channel is there something i have to do diffrent to get pay channels freeview working fine i even left the box overnight but still no luck
please help
khady

Firmware wait

hi guys
any good people there can help me where i am going wrong i have starview hd combo + box i flashed the box this way
Load the GrooveRider File file on to a Memory stick,
then insert the Memory stick in the front USB port on the receiver. make sure box is off
Now press the menu button on the remote now go to Accessory and highlight USB,
then press the OK button on the remote,
you will now see the GrooveRider File in the USB menu.
Go to the file and press the OK button on the remote then select S/W +All Data Update to load file.
When the file as been loaded then go to Utility and Factory (DB)
Reset do a Factory Reset. The job is now done.

Now
Go -to Key Edit menu Hidden function(Toggle method) Press “8989” on the RCU on the menu (Accessory)
: if you Autoupdate is “off” you should switch it to “on” to make it enabled.then i go to skysports but i keep getting same massage on screen scambed channel is there something i have to do diffrent to get pay channels freeview working fine i even left the box overnight but still no luck
please help
khady

Hi Khady
It would appear u r in the same boat as many of us . If you read through the threads u will learn that the cable/sat companys have release a new encription called nagra3 for which there is no firmware release at the moment to counter its blocking ability. But I am assured that there will be a new firmware upgrade soon ,so for the time being u will have to wait like so many of us newbies :)

Starview HD combo

Hi guys,

I'm in London i have lost all my channels, i hope a update comes out soon. I have also realised the price of these boxes have dropped, I'm assuming this is due to N3. I don't know whether to sell mines or stock up.

i have starview 5 or 6 and all channels gone do i need new codes or the nbox needed to be updated pleez help
thenk u

please help,

Have flashed with latest carling (verf5.11), unfortunately on the sat side of things, when I select network, my cccam has dissapeared

query

hi all...just wondering if anyone has any idea when a fix to the nagra3 'problem' will be released...will the carling 1.01 version sort it out at all?

Hi,

I'm considering buying one of these but the information is fuzzy.

Do these boxes currently work as they "should" or would it be a waste of money buying one at this time? I would be using it via Virgin and have been looking at the one without the lan port.

If they don't wouldn't it be a good idea for OP to update the first post with this information?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

this is my first post on the site and I hope you guys can help me. I have a Sammy box, which has been running for the last several years until several days ago. I am thinking of getting a Starview HD Combo box, but can anyone tell me if it is worth it at the minute. Seems like all the boxes are knocked off, which is usually a temporary thing cause there are some really technical guys out there who can write new software for the cards/boxes within a short time? Or is it likely to be a permenant thing and a waste of money? Can I use it as a HD Freeview Box in the meantime - I really don't know a lot about the Starview boxes?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,
ive spent the past few days trawling through forums seeing if there is an updated firmware to be able to access the premium channel but i seem to be running round in circles can anyone please help me by pointing me in the right direction or is it still being sorted by the powers that be

thanks in advance

Can some one please give me the right link and info on what file i need to get my starview HD+ combo working, Carling, Groove or starview ?

cheers all

Back