The not so secret project - teaser

kiddac

Welcome to V-Skin HD
Most regulars in the zgemma forums know I have been doing this as I keep giving little clues away. So it's time to final tease you all with some screen shots.
This is my take on the virgin skin. I know there is already virgin skins out there, but after 4 months of learning by trial an error with my slyk1hd skin, I thought I could bring something new to table with everything I have learned from that skin.

The reason it's taken me so long is mainly the lack of source material for this, I have also been experimenting trying to do certain things with the very restrictive enigma2 code. Some things I managed to pull off, others just frustrated the feck out me.
I am also trying to write this so it can easily be converted to the other TiVo styles with minimum effort. Here is the plum one. Once it is finished it should be very easy for me to do the other styles in this format. Virgin red, Tivo Bolt and Tivo Roamio.

There is no ETA on the finish time of this, as I am just plodding along with it and I have still got weeks of work left on it yet. But here is some screenshot teasers to wet your appetites.

menus
menu.jpg

settings
settings.jpg

infobar
infobar.jpg

secondinfobar
secondinfobar.jpg

secondinfobar - recording
secondinfobar-recording.jpg

eventview
eventview.jpg

quickepg (single epg)
quickepg.jpg

(graphical epg with pig)
graphicalepgpig.jpg

Last edited:
Its not too far off being released. I will see what gets done this weekend. And if all goes well, It might be available next weekend. (but I keep saying soon ;) )

---------- Post Merged at 01:06 AM ----------

Here is a few more screen shots. (ignore the coloured bars at the top they are just my screen references)

channelselect.jpg

graphicalepgpig2.jpg

multiepg.jpg

historyzap.jpg

Looks awesome. Can't wait. How will this work with day dslayers image etc? Would I be able to load this on to it out would I have to wait until he incorporates it in to his image?

off work today so got quite a bit done. Never take up skinning. It's a never ending story.

We are getting closer. I just counted what I still got left to do.

Only got 137 elements left to skin. Lots of these will be duplicate code of code I have already written for other screens, lots of these will be very simple. I have very few complicated screens left and most of the graphic work is done. So we are over the hill and on the home straight.

If all goes well it will be ready for weekend(ish)

Last edited:
play pause bar for live tv.

timeshiftstate.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 12:15 AM ----------

For the movie selection I am in 2 minds whether to do it like the channel select and epg with decriptions at the top like below

movieselection1.jpg

or more like how chabs has done his screen, with fake tvs at the top and the information on the right.

movieselection2.jpg

I like the first one mate . Both look great but first one looks crisper and more in tune with the rest of the skin that I've saw

Back