The not so secret project - teaser

My thinking was the same. I have only included the fake screens at the top on very few screens. Although they give a visual impact they are a bit of a waste of space.

Tivo screen for recordings is this though. So I don't know which one to do.

roamio_my_shows_recording_6.jpg

Yes that looks great. But comparing it to your other version I'm not sure lol

---------- Post Merged at 01:05 AM ----------

But saying that it goes well with the menu screen

Personally I prefer the first look. If the TV show pictures at the top aren't selectable then they're really just adverts for shows. If the user doesn't even like the shows you decide to display (some of which are now done and dusted) then why would they want to have a picture of Mad Men, say, at the top of their screen? Might look pretty but doesn't make a great deal of sense (unless the images shown are going to personalised based on the user's recordings, or by looking up their account on something like Trakt in which case it is a great idea even though I prefer the first 'look').

Last edited:
These answers quite suprise me. Its seems cable users prefer usability over trying to match the look over the original. Must admit though looking at some source material for tivo epgs, some of the screens are all over the show. Its isnt the best laid out interface in the world

@kiddac: I guess 'which do you prefer' can be interpreted two ways... Which do you think looks best, or which looks most like what you're used to.

Maybe people are answering with looks best over closer-to-original purely because if mimicking the original was your aim you could do that with no feedback so wouldn't ask.

Which your prefer...means which am I going to get the least about of mither over. ;) You can never please everyone. I have now decided I am going to do a mix of the two. No fake tv screens. Larger box on the left. Info on the right.

Well said dsayer. About 300 odd people have visited my url in the last month whether for slyk skin or barebones guide. Only 3 people have kindly bought me a beer this month. Feeling unloved. :(

quality before quantity & function before looks works for me... your work is always top draw so will be gratefully accepted it in what ever form you decide

all day, all I have done is 4 screens. What a pain in the bum these were :(

timeshift bar
playbar.jpg

movie infobar
movieplayer.jpg

seekbar
seekbar.jpg

Last edited:
Back