Vm signal issues

so they are actually kind of stealing power from your electric feed to feed this is that correct?
Yes this is correct. I get the setup kind of apart from the 4 way splitter in the outside box. What is the purpose of it being there when there is only two cables coming from it - surely it is reducing power of signal?

Are there any VM guys on here that can explain the setup here a bit better and what would be required to boost signal strength in this instance. Would the HDU-400 still work with this setup?

Reactions: ste
I cant understand 4 way splitter unless it is in case they need to take feed from it somewhere else perhaps your powering the street? lol

Whatim really struggling to get my head around is ok this 4 way splitter . One coax goes to the plug which powers the converter. The other goes into the house and is then split by a dual splitter. Why not just run a second cable in when there is additional connections on the first splitter lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Whatim really struggling to get my head around is ok this 4 way splitter . One coax goes to the plug which powers the converter. The other goes into the house and is then split by a dual splitter. Why not just run a second cable in when there is additional connections on the first splitter lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yes seems senseless.

Never seen this kind of installation either only thing i can think of is future multiroom install but seems a bit overkill with all the splitters being used but has mentioned earlier in thread the cables look pre manufactured to save on money

I would be very tempted to bypass all the splitters etc run 1 direct feed from source outside to a single 2 way splitter but only connect to superhub first to get power levels etc and then connect v6 back up and check again but make your own piece of cable and try that etc other than that not a lot more you can do ok

is it possible there is a wrong setting in oscam as another poster has time delays while changing channels,are you using a good hdmi cable to see if pixelation improves.

agreed picture shows inferior looking cables.

is it possible there is a wrong setting in oscam as another poster has time delays while changing channels,are you using a good hdmi cable to see if pixelation improves.

agreed picture shows inferior looking cables.

Wrong thread?

Hey folks question regarding splitter. Before I go re-arranging cables etc. just want to double check something.

So the four way splitter that is being used in the external box. Even though there is nothing connected to three of the terminals does the splitter still reduce the signal? Or does it only split when another terminal is connected to a source?

Thanks

If you have spare ports then use them. Don't split a feed from a port, instead take one direct to router, one too the V6 and one to your 3rd party receiver

The four way splitter was put in the external box by the engineer - i only noticed this yesterday. There is only one cable connected out of a possible four. Just wondering does this reduce the signal even with nothing connected to the other terminals?

No you won't lose signal if only one being used. You need to cap off the other 3 outputs as that will cause signal issues.

The 3 other ports are for what you intend to do. You shouldn't need any splitters now. Or need buy anything
Just wire up all your devices back to the HDU outside

Surely the engineer should have done this in the first place?

He connected a four way splitter and ran one single cable from the splitter externally to the inside. Then he connected a dual splitter internally and ran one to router and one to the v6 box?

Surely the engineer should have done this in the first place?

He connected a four way splitter and ran one single cable from the splitter externally to the inside. Then he connected a dual splitter internally and ran one to router and one to the v6 box?
He's been very lazy by not taking all the cables back to the HDU

Very lazy it is literally on the same wall just on the opposite side. That is going to mean drill a hole which I am not to good with... fine with technology bad with DIY.

Back