Vm signal issues

Because the spitter outside is for if you decide you want multi-room in the future and if it's inside, they can't easily run cables from one room to another... they will bring the cable into the room from an external wall usually then fit a box / isolator on the internal wall then a cable from this to your device(s) and split the feed from there if required with the necessary splitter (2 way, 3 way etc.)
Ah ok I got ya, i guess there is some sense in it :)

But why not just put the 4 way splitter inside the house and thus remove the need for another dual splitter. Or run two cables in instead of one and splitting it. That's what got me thinking must be outside for that reason...so they can tamper with it if needs be without me needing to know.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
no, it's like Ste said, if in the future you want multiroom, they run the cables down the exterior walls - they don't like running cables along skirtings, over door frames, through internal walls etc as it looks hideous and is a lot of work.
They just run them down outside walls and to the splitter, which answers your other question as to why it's not inside the house

Back